Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MyBelle, I totally agree with you that she loved him immensely. And I have true empathy for the pain she must be suffering at the loss of her son's life. No parent should have to suffer the loss of their child under any circumstance.

But I also realize that love sometimes drives parents to extremes. I know it's only my opinion, but I think the Laundries, in this case, felt driven into over-protection mode in the belief that it would save their son.

The almost proverbial words of 'Dr Phil' resonate in my head - "How'd that work out for you?"

Certainly sharing only my opinion.
I don't believe his parents were in an over-protection mode because, if that were the case, I think they wouldn't have given Brian access to a gun. From all that he had with him, he was obviously despondent over Gabby's death.

JMO

The 47-page report also detailed items recovered from the scene where Laundrie’s remains were found including a backpack with a tent and flares, a piece of paper and red hat with the logo “Moab Coffee Roasters” and a wooden box that contained a small notebook and photos, according to the report.

In the notebook found with his remains, Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito’s death, according to the FBI.

Laundrie had been the subject of a weekslong manhunt when his body was found. His family was informed he shot himself in the head, and his death was ruled a suicide, Laundrie family attorney Steve Bertolino said in November.

I don't believe his parents were in an over-protection mode because, if that were the case, I think they wouldn't have given Brian access to a gun. From all that he had with him, he was obviously despondent over Gabby's death.

JMO

The 47-page report also detailed items recovered from the scene where Laundrie’s remains were found including a backpack with a tent and flares, a piece of paper and red hat with the logo “Moab Coffee Roasters” and a wooden box that contained a small notebook and photos, according to the report.

In the notebook found with his remains, Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito’s death, according to the FBI.

Laundrie had been the subject of a weekslong manhunt when his body was found. His family was informed he shot himself in the head, and his death was ruled a suicide, Laundrie family attorney Steve Bertolino said in November.
We now know for a fact that he had a gun. We have no knowledge whethwer his parents gave him access to a gun or not.

JMO
edited by me...for brevity.

Absolutely no evidence ever has arisen that the Laundrie Mum and Dad gave Brian the gun. He was a practised thief, he stole his girlfriends life, her car, her credit cards, and probably her clothing to wear home, who knows, stealing was a way of life, stealing a gun from mummy would be childs play, he would feel entitled to it, because, well.. he wanted it. That's all it took, with Bri. I want it this way, this is how it's going to be, and you are dead. End of.

I have issues with the Senior Laundries, no doubt about it, and I am not the only one, hence this civil suite, but it stretches even my cynical old head to see her handing him THE GUN. A big stretch, I can't do it. But once she knew he, and the gun were ' gone', in the sense of exiting the family home, and then realising that Bri was 'gone' in the sense of how murdered people stop breathing and die somewhere alone, she did not report the gun missing nor her son missing. Normal?? ..........hardly.

JMO
again, edited by me for brevity...

Look.. I don't want to come across as nitpicky, but seriously, there is no tangible evidence that Brian was despondent over Gabby's death. Despondent over consequences, certainly. One of the cornerstones of psychology, and human interaction, ...character is what you DO , not what you say. Brian had every incentive to write that truly ridiculous letter, like something out of 'Dolly' magazine, hoping to elicit sympathy, but to understand Bri, you have to look at what he DID, not what he said. Anyone can say anything, people do say anything in extremities...

And certainly , he killed off himself his own tame golden goose that laid golden eggs for him. He did this, he probably found it difficult to recall why he did it, he couldn't replicate the feeling without Gabby's input, so he was left, after Gabby's murder with huge gaps to fill of where to plonk his bad temper and resentfulness and contempt.

Last edited:
I remember seeing a photo of his bedroom and there was a gun hanging on his wall. If I had a severely depressed son, there is no way I'd allow any access to guns.

JMO
MyBelle, I agree wholeheartedly. Neither of us (nor most parents) would allow any of our children access to a gun if we felt they were depressed or emotionally disturbed for any cause at all.

Even if they had blocked access to all their family guns it does not ensure that the preventative measures were effective. He may have used force to obtain the gun or found it if it were hidden.

It is a fact he had a gun; it is an assumption that access was even prevented.

MyBelle, I agree wholeheartedly. Neither of us (nor most parents) would allow any of our children access to a gun if we felt they were depressed or emotionally disturbed for any cause at all.

Even if they had blocked access to all their family guns it does not ensure that the preventative measures were effective. He may have used force to obtain the gun or found it if it were hidden.

It is a fact he had a gun; it is an assumption that access was even prevented.
BBM. The problem is with the parents who don't care. I find it sickening that Brian had access to a gun. Florida has some pretty strict red flag laws which is likely the reason why the FBI showed up at their house and seized them.

The father of the Highland Park IL mass shooter helped his deeply disturbed son obtain an assault rifle. And by golly, he was charged and is headed to prison.

JMO

BBM. Gee, do you suppose Brian told his mother about the Moab Utah incident in which Gabby admitted to police that she hit Brian?

It wasn't the responsibility of Brian's mother to communicate with Gabby's mother.

JMO

IMO, it WAS Brian's mom's responsibility to communicate with Gabi's mother. It was her responsibility as a mother and as a human being, to tell Gabi's parents that Brian returned in Gabi's van, and she is not here. IMO

The 2 families had been friends for years. Keeping that news from them was heartless, imo.

IMO, it WAS Brian's mom's responsibility to communicate with Gabi's mother. It was her responsibility as a mother and as a human being, to tell Gabi's parents that Brian returned in Gabi's van, and she is not here. IMO

The 2 families had been friends for years. Keeping that news from them was heartless, imo.
Why was it Brian's mom's responsibility? Gabby told her mother about the Moab incident while police were present.

JMO

Why was it Brian's mom's responsibility? Gabby told her mother about the Moab incident while police were present.

JMO
That is the point. Gabby told her mother when she was alive but how on earth can she communicate with her mother after Brian killed her?

My son and future DIL go off on a trip and only my son comes back, my future DIL is gone, lost, missing maybe dead.....DIL isn't communicating with her mom, gee I guess I should give her the heads up on what is going on. Let her know we need to find her daughter, she is gone and my son is scared and says he needs a lawyer. He is using her debit card and can't find her to get her to OK it so now the feds are breathing down his neck threatening to arrest him.

You know what? Brian is all that matters. Too bad for Gabby's mom, she'll just have to deal with it, tough luck, let her figure it out, I'm gonna block her from my SM and ignore her calls. I don't care that this will cause her to have sleepless nights and end up making her scared and frantic.

I'm not breaking any laws, I can do whatever I want, he's my baby boy.

2 Cent speculation....but there has to be some degree of hate to treat your future DIL's parents that way.

I expect every single juror to be disgusted by this. Heartless, selfish, bordering on evil.

Last edited:
That is the point. Gabby told her mother when she was alive but how on earth can she communicate with her mother after Brian killed her?

My son and future DIL go off on a trip and only my son comes back, my future DIL is gone, lost, missing maybe dead.....DIL isn't communicating with her mom, gee I guess I should give her the heads up on what is going on. Let her know we need to find her daughter, she is gone and my son is scared and says he needs a lawyer. He is using her debit card and can't find her to get her to OK it so now the feds are breathing down his neck threatening to arrest him.

You know what? Brian is all that matters. Too bad for Gabby's mom, she'll just have to deal with it, tough luck, let her figure it out, I'm gonna block her from my SM and ignore her calls. I don't care that this will cause her to have sleepless nights and end up making her scared and frantic.

2 Cent speculation....but there has to be some degree of hate to treat your future DIL's parents that way.
BBM. Gabby told her mother on Aug. 12th. Why didn't her mother notify LE when she couldn't reach her?

That's what I DID when my daughter was a victim of domestic violence. I communicated with police, not her abuser's mother.

JMO

in spades.. a continuum of deliberate and calculated actions to attempt to remove Brian from any thing to do with Gabby after a night out at a restaurant ( where Bri , as per usual, I suspect, had a tantrum, stamping his feet, argueing with the staff, humilating Gabby, provoking tears, all in a days work for our Bri ) and the oddest lapse of judgement, so odd, that it cannot be considered a mistake, it had to be deliberate, was the failing to change the ownership of Gabby's van. He couldn't drive it, as it was now uninsured ( once the death of the owner was established) he could not pay off any owing money's on it, he couldn't get any repairs done without the owners say so, he couldn't register it in his own name, and he had forgotten to get Gabby to sign it over to him while he was strangling her.

But Roberta, having this non registered 'gone' owner car sitting in her driveway, under the auspices of her own home owners insurance, a big bomb if that van had rolled onto someone, or leaked fuel and set fire to the lawn etc SHE DID NOTHING about it, probably in the hopes that no one would notice, thinking that oh well. when gals break up with Bri they give him their cars as a parting gift, Bri is so nifty etc..yet was in constant consultation with lawyers, attorneys, paralegals, Uncle Tom Cobbley and all, day in day out, organising this, that, the other, issuing instructions to the sister and son in law to lay low, say nothing,

<modsnip>

And any normal woman of Roberta's status would ask, how did Gabby actually 'go'??.. by foot? train, you took her to the train station?? , taxi? Uber? Bus? Since the whole trip idea was Gabby's, the camping idea, the streaming clips idea, all of this was Gabby's, requiring the van, Roberta would have to leap to the conclusion that Gabby gave it all up. All of it.

And, again, Roberta would need Gabby's signature to transfer the car to good old Bri, and quickly, for him to tootle around, and maybe even get a little job, or hobby or something..... you'd think this aspect would be urgent.

Last edited by a moderator:
in spades.. a continuum of deliberate and calculated actions to attempt to remove Brian from any thing to do with Gabby after a night out at a restaurant ( where Bri , as per usual, I suspect, had a tantrum, stamping his feet, argueing with the staff, humilating Gabby, provoking tears, all in a days work for our Bri ) and the oddest lapse of judgement, so odd, that it cannot be considered a mistake, it had to be deliberate, was the failing to change the ownership of Gabby's van. He couldn't drive it, as it was now uninsured ( once the death of the owner was established) he could not pay off any owing money's on it, he couldn't get any repairs done without the owners say so, he couldn't register it in his own name, and he had forgotten to get Gabby to sign it over to him while he was strangling her.

But Roberta, having this non registered 'gone' owner car sitting in her driveway, under the auspices of her own home owners insurance, a big bomb if that van had rolled onto someone, or leaked fuel and set fire to the lawn etc SHE DID NOTHING about it, probably in the hopes that no one would notice, thinking that oh well. when gals break up with Bri they give him their cars as a parting gift, Bri is so nifty etc..yet was in constant consultation with lawyers, attorneys, paralegals, Uncle Tom Cobbley and all, day in day out, organising this, that, the other, issuing instructions to the sister and son in law to lay low, say nothing,

I didn't even think the Petito's had much of a case at first but then evidence and depositions start comming out and the judge rules there is enough legal muscle to proceeed, and then you see the frantic dealing with attorneys over issues that would not exist if Gabby wasn't gone. Gabby being gone creates the hole that the Laundries keep digging for themselves. And it can't be underestimated how cruel it was to block Gabby's mom off SM and to ignore her calls. To totally blow her off, I just don't think people realize how cruel that is, how scary for Gabby's mom. The jurors will hate it.....2 cents

"Statement On Investigative Review of Aug. 12 Petito-Laundrie Incident"

There are many posts here about Petito & Laundrie's encounter w Moab PD which draw conclusions about LEOs' actions being appropriate or inappropriate, etc.

Just started reading it and find it interesting.

I'm curious about whether any, some, or all have read the above "Statement," linked below, an analysis by an independent law enforcement agency.

Anyone?

Last edited:

I expect every single juror to be disgusted by this. Heartless, selfish, bordering on evil.
If this case does go to trial jury selection will be how it's decided.

If the jurors selected only look at the facts and keep their emotions out of how they come to their decision I feel that the plaintiffs will fail in gaining a judgement.

Now if you are correct and the jurors are using their emotions to decide the case and find the Laundries disgusting, selfish and possibly evil then the plaintiffs will probably prevail.

Personally I feel that civil cases should be decided on the facts. Just like criminal cases are. JMO.

"Statement On Investigative Review of Aug. 12 Petito-Laundrie Incident"

There are many posts here about Petito & Laundrie's encounter w Moab PD which draw conclusions about LEOs' actions being appropriate or inappropriate, etc.

Just started reading it and find it interesting.

I'm curious about whether any, some, or all have read the above "Statement," linked below, an analysis by an independent law enforcement agency.

Anyone?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads