Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it but if you’re innocent and have nothing to worry about not talking makes sense too. The optics of that approach are obviously not good as the person staying quiet comes across as cold and selfish but it makes sense nonetheless.
Yes, as much as we want him to talk, "due process" protects him - as it does all of us.

I have only seen the van interior. Do the back doors open to an area where gear/food are stored? Would you leave your sandals there if you were opening the back to get your boots or other clothing?

I think the flip flops are actually likely to be Brian's. They appear larger than Gabby's and the straps don't appear to have the pattern that Gabby's do. He is shown wearing what could possibly be the ones in question in their YouTube video.

Re the tarp: Tarps are now available in many different colors, not just blue. You can find camo and brown tarps most anywhere and I have clear tarps that I wrap around my chicken run in the winter.

I’m not an expert, but it looks like the van would only have ac like we have in a regular car. Wouldn’t there be a be a box on top or somewhere for the AC for campers? Also, the couple stated that the van seemed deserted, so I take that to mean that it wasn’t running. Would it be too hot to be “chilling” in the van with doors and windows closed?

The position of the shoes seem to indicate she took them off before getting into the van, and if she took them off to change into boots, for example, seems like they would be pointed away from the van.

I do see a book, which would be a strange thing to leave on the ground, and maybe a glasses case on top.

That location doesn’t look to be an ideal place to camp. It looks more like a little pull in with not much room to pitch a tent.

IMOO
MOO

Attachments

• Brian Flops.jpg
    Brian Flops.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 122
I have only seen the van interior. Do the back doors open to an area where gear/food are stored? Would you leave your sandals there if you were opening the back to get your boots or other clothing?

Yes, the back opens. I am sorry I don't have a link but there is video Gabby made early on in their trip showing her blog followers what it looks like.

Yes. I think this means the van is there for at least the days/nights of 8/27 through 8/29.

It also, IHMO, eliminates the possibility of the bar sightings in Afton or West Yellowstone, or camping at Grassy Lake or visiting Yellowstone.
Do we know where they camped the night of the 26th?

This Video, however, I don't see what the other members are seeing. There's something just above the short tree in the left side of the frame @1:43-1:44.
Looking at satellite photos, it could be a treetop across or in the creek, it could be a spiderweb with a leaf inside, or a camera artifact. There seems to be a lot of
artifacts when you slow the video + compression.
Thank you! Yeah, I honestly can’t say I see anything of interest besides the van itself.

I hate to say it but if you’re innocent and have nothing to worry about not talking makes sense too. The optics of that approach are obviously not good as the person staying quiet comes across as cold and selfish but it makes sense nonetheless.

Whatever happened was worrisome enough that the Laundries hired a lawyer and asked for advice on what to say and do. That lawyer said to say absolutely nothing to police or to anybody. The Laundies are doing exactly what their professional who is supposed to be their best advocate and knows the rules, law and consequences of how to respond , is telling them to do.

I suspect the attorney did not take into consideration the publicity firestorm.

If she is dead, and BL found her as such, they (including lawyer) do not have to tell police. If BL left her in a situation of imminent danger to life, then Lawyer has to say so if BL told lawyer.

I am hoping she is still alive. But with all this publicity out there, it doesn’t look good.

I am doing my best to stay caught up, so forgive me if this has already been addressed.

Regarding OCD & being under the care of a psychiatrist:

I've struggled with anxiety & panic attacks for 15 years. In February, I was hospitalized for mental health treatment. I was then diagnosed with OCD and put in the care of a psychiatrist upon my release. The psychiatrist made it very clear that my right to confidentiality ended if I was a threat to myself or others. Unless BL was a future threat to someone or himself, his psychiatrist would stay quiet about anything he is sharing.

Additionally, I was able to make adjustments to my medications with my psychiatrist over the phone, even when I was newly released from the hospital, even across state lines (we are military.) IMO, I don't see the need for him to fly back to either address meds or have a conversation with his doctor, unless he was being hospitalized.

Regarding OCD specifically: Generally speaking, most people do not have a clear understanding of OCD. It is not uncommon for people to go 10+years after onset of symptoms to get a proper diagnosis because people don't recognize their symptoms as being OCD. It is also not uncommon for people to say they have OCD because they are organized/particular about things. That is NOT OCD.

In the body cam footage, GP says she has OCD "sometimes." That really stood out to me as being something odd for a person with an OCD diagnosis to say. It's not for me say whether or not she has OCD, but I can say that they way she referred to it struck me as VERY odd. It would also surprise me that she was diagnosed with OCD by 22. Symptoms typically show up around 19 years old. It's not impossible, but definitely not typical. It is also VERY hard for someone with OCD to be away from home for extended periods of time. This could either point to her not having it OR could explain why she seemed to be struggling so much in that footage.
My sense is that she was in way over her head with the whole thing. I think at such a young age, people tend to romanticize the kind of lifestyle this couple was setting out to have. She may not have been necessarily considering the difficulty of being with one person in a very small space for an extended period of time. She may have been thinking that whatever issues they faced separately—and together—would be “fixed” once they escape from the day to day stress of “normal” life, and not really considering what new stressors they may encounter on the road and how those may exacerbate already existing problems, such as mental health and relationship struggles.

I also agree that people tend to use “OCD” synonymously with being organized and liking a clean, neat space. Not saying she wasn’t diagnosed with OCD, but it’s entirely possible for a person to have obsessive compulsive behaviors without it being categorized as a disorder. I’ve had anxiety since I was a kid, and I certainly have obsessive compulsive behaviors, but I was never diagnosed with OCD. I also think, given what we know, it’s entirely possible that BL convinced her she has OCD. Pure speculation of course, but after seeing the body can footage, I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility.

So I listened to the most recent spotify playlist made by BL. I'm not looking into the lyrics or titles or anything like that cause I think that's an unproductive rabbit hole of assumption. But just listening to the sounds and vibe, I found about half the songs to be melancholy and half to be quite dysregulating. A couple songs were hard to get through because they just had some jarring beats and if I imagined myself feeling anxious/panicked/afraid these would absolutely not be the songs I personally would want to listen to. On the other hand, I could see them reeling right for someone who felt more confused/disconnected/out of control. MOO

I'm not sure if anything can be drawn from this except that things about this case and BL continue to be odd and confusing!

Until this case I had no idea people could see my playlists on Spotify. I wonder what people would think of mine. I wonder if people can see how often I’ve listened to certain songs. My birds love Christmas songs and Taylor Swift. Lol

He are screenshots of the two flip flops by the van and Gabbys flip flops while she was sitting in the police car maybe just dirtier since almost 2 weeks later or maybe their Brian’s?

Attachments

• F7ACE404-DEAD-448E-A382-20C56BBC3ACB.jpeg
    F7ACE404-DEAD-448E-A382-20C56BBC3ACB.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 216
  • 64A6CD2B-838B-4A16-8686-CE209D2FBE7C.jpeg
    64A6CD2B-838B-4A16-8686-CE209D2FBE7C.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 218
It looks like a place you would park if your vehicle broke down or for a short amount of time but not a place to camp or for an extended period.

hi, I said that is a weird spot to park up to my husband as the views are blocked off, we’re converted van owners and I wouldn’t park up there but my husband said he would. I ring from the uk though I don’t know the area well or whether there I are only a few limited places to park.

There are other possibilities. I’m trying to find the least harmful one that still makes it problematic to tell the police.
Whatever happened, BL and family hired a lawyer for advice and the lawyer said to say nothing. Why? What story could he have told that lawyer, that he would say, keep mum? Why can’t he at least give out last place he saw her or spoke or texted her? Why is that info dangerous to him to give out?
Seems to me, the lawyers almost always tell a client to say nothing in a situation like this, their reasoning and experience being that the prosecution can/may/will use what you say against you in court, if the case winds up in court. Things a client may blurt out due to nervousness or whatever can't be unsaid. But if the client is truly not guilty, saying nothing makes him appear guilty.Tuff situation.
I, like many of us, do wonder what he has told his parents ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend