Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know Hrisn i

How do you know Brian is grieving? Suicide is a possibility, the thought crossed my mind but that does not explain the refusal to communicate with GP’s family. Why don’t you think BL killed her?
How do you know he's not?

Some one else asked grieving so much that he has to lawyer up? No.... He probably doesn't give a about lawyers right about now. He did run home to mom & dad. So you want to crucify him for that? Could he have said something. Truth? Probably not. Really. Could his parents? Perhaps. Nothing anyone said was going to change anything though and I haven't seen GP's parents being receptive. Let's see how this unfolds but I think folks are expecting others to behave in very experienced ways when in fact, these are experiences that none of us (with few exceptions) have ever experienced.

MOO!
The Police are NOT to blame for her death. We do not know that she was murdered and we sure should not call those officers (one of which was a female) "Pals of the Murderer" ... Emotions are running high , perhaps it is just the moment...

Ultimately, the only one to blame is the killer. That being said, I do think we need to look at domestic violence and mental illness differently and take it seriously.

"Human remains" are just that...what remains of a human body. I wouldn't put too much stock into the use of that description. I've seen it used to describe anything from a leg in a shoe to a complete skeleton or even a body only deceased for a few hours. FWIW

Everyone needs to watch all the chopper/aerial footage to get up to speed. The ones showing the body site, the unfurling of the tent etc.

It's clear in that footage that there is a gravel road nearby. The area covered by the tent has debris/grass/dirt. Her body is not exposed. So she is partially or fully buried (most likely).

It's pretty clear that she did not fall from a great height, hit her head while crossing a stream or succumb to the elements. This is in an area where there are other campers nearby.

There is concealment. Which indicates consciousness of guilt.

Even the murders of the two poor Moab woman, they were left out completely exposed, half naked in the river. I really don't think the two cases are connected at all now.

IMO Brian did it, Brian is guilty or at least responsible for Gabby's untimely death. JMO.

I thought I could see a body shape with light colored clothing under the dirt. The shape of the body was visible, so IMO, not what I'd call "buried," but I guess maybe "shallow burial" refers to this type of thing?

Yep, no cliffs, no big rocks, no bodies of water. I think he parked in that pull out not to camp (no need to choose such an odd spot - the dispersed camping nearby had better spots) and took her there.

I await the autopsy and hope that we get even more details.

I wonder how proud that officer with the beard whose radio was covering his name must feel now. He was on a mission to get her charged. His arrival on the scene threw that whole questioning by Officer Robbins off. Wish he never would have showed up.

I stopped watching after he showed up because it was really rough for me to watch but the short interaction I saw.. I definitely was not impressed with him. Watching that video was heartbreaking and and knowing what we know now.. I can’t imagine how gabby was feeling. RIP sweet girl.

If the remains were found 1000 ft from van location, I would think the van was there for that purpose. That would explain the poor selection of camping sites. It does not look like a site that would be chosen unless every other was taken.
He was there several nights, IMO. He could have moved the van. But Gabby was no longer there to take the reins of civility and love.

Yes, he stayed there so he could work on ditching her. What a P O S. May he...... Oh never mind, not worth it. How do these families raise the BLs and the CWs. What goes so horribly wrong with those families.

SHAME

Where have they expressed their love for Gabby? Do you have a link? Because I missed it and I thought I'd read most everything about this case.

Like why, that they love their son and their son's soul mate? They should be hated? Really? Why? Tell me why? No, don't. The point is, you don't know how she died. I don't know how she died. Why can't you wait till the medical examiners report before you start a campaign of hate against others.

Sorry but I think most of you folks are missing it. Perhaps it's me. I don't think Brian killed her. Maybe I'm wrong. I think she killed herself. We will soon know the truth. But it does bother me how folks have so little compassion for the grief of Brian. It is sad. Everyone has an agenda. But sometimes life doesn't follow the agenda. Regardless, pray for Gabby, Brian and all parents.

I do have so little compassion for Brian.

The "love of his life" was missing for over 3 weeks after he STOLE *her* van and he sat inside the house thousands of miles away doing nothing. Not talking to Gabby's family, not participating in searches for her, nothing. Then he goes on a hike while refusing to talk to police, and Gabby is dead, and he is missing.

What part of this story should I be bursting with compassion for him?

The Laundries made a Solomon-like decision - turning their son in or helping him escape.
Sometimes, tribal loyalty can be a deadly thing.

The day they lawyered up was the day he told them he killed her.
Yep and he thought he got away with it - I do think the cell phone data also may have contributed to the search area location and I can’t wait to hear exactly how they found her. I’m so grateful to this family who posted the video which brought a lot more recognition and potential tips to Gabbys case. I could care less about her killers’ family as they cared nothing for gabby and her family
JMO
Sorry I’m just so pissed at this lovely young woman’s life being taken so ruthlessly and then he stole her Van!!!

I don't feel bad for Brian's family. If this was an accident or during a mental break, he could have confessed and been out of jail in 15-20 years. I'd rather visit my son in prison than visit his grave.

Agreed. I don't think it's coincidence that killers often come form families who cover up and excuse the evil deeds of their relation. \

Surely he is now a suspect? I mean they wouldn't announce it at the last PC. But, hope it's coming...

Oh he was a suspect long before today. IMO. They just wouldn't say it.

Rainbow appears near where authorities believe they discovered Gabby Petito's body
E_r1B3TWQAYp8Ux

So, if I thought I was going to be wrongfully blamed for something, & I saw the only option to live free would be running like a fugitive the rest of my life? It was my gf who died, but I wasn't the cause? I'd have enough faith in myself, my reputation, the life I've lived up to now, & my intelligence to be able to defend myself. I think most of the time, our American legal system puts the right ppl behind bars. And what kinda life can B expect to live the next 50, 60 years hiding? And his parents, too? Face the music, but that's just me. But I haven't killed anyone, sooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123