Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the deal with the stickers? There are stickers on the van in the video taken by the Bethunes. Would he have put those on while still camped at the location where the body was found? Maybe a way to disguise the van?

The stickers seem to be placed right around the critical time of late 27th - Sept 1 and probably by BL. I know I thought nothing of it earlier but why if he had just killed her? To disguise the van? The Florida license plate out West was giving them away - stickers would do nothing to hide that.

van.png van2.jpg

I've watched this a hundred times and see absolutely no evidence of anything anywhere. It's very strange...
I think this is like claims of seeing someone digging in the background of the van footage or that they see a face in the van window, etc... people's minds are trying to form shapes and images out of randomness.

I am not a criminologist, but would they congregate like that and set up a processing tent anywhere near where the remains were found? If that is a crime scene they sure are contaminating it.
What I saw was they were standing around in a circle in an area that appeared to be where something was buried under. It looked like they were trying to block the choppers from seeing it. The canopy just appeared to be a place to shade where they will place the items of evidence under, process it, and take photos. I also do not think the body was under the canopy.

I don't believe this scenario, but if you want one that works to show his innocence it goes like this. She wants to work on her Vanlife channel, he wants to go exploring. They argue. He says, fine stay her and work on your video I am going to go camping. She tells him "fine, go, but I won't be here when you get back. I'll leave with (insert friends name here who she plans to meet up with in Yellowstone) . You can go to he double hockey sticks and take this nasty van with you (its obviously trashed by now)".

He goes on his little walkabout and when he comes back she isn't there. Maybe she went off and killed herself or someone saw her alone in the woods and killed her. He gets pissed thinking she left him. and drives home in a rage. 2 weeks later his mom gets a text from GP's mom saying she is missing. She doesn't answer immediately and instead asks him whats that all about. She thought they had just broken up. He now realizes he Effed up. The family gets nervous about his action and calls their friend the real estate lawyer who callously tells them to say nothing.

But that scenario is a load of swiss chees full of holes.

This actually seems like a possible scenario, and actually exactly what I have been thinking as far as alternate scenarios go. I am curious what holes you see. It's certainly not the simplest explanation, but sometimes that's how the truth shakes out.

Just really open for discussion and not argument, so hopefully you take it as such :) Question everything! Haha.

Imo.

The stickers seem to be placed right around the critical time of late 27th - Sept 1 and probably by BL. I know I thought nothing of it earlier but why if he had just killed her? To disguise the van? The Florida license plate out West was giving them away - stickers would do nothing to hide that.
Yeah, the stickers have me curious too... maybe, even during his flight home, he saw a sticker and thought of her and added a new one "for her."

View attachment 313512 View attachment 313513

A symbolic gesture to show that the van belonged to him now that she was dead?

Woke up France time to the devastating news. Scanned through the last two threads. I’m so deeply sorry for Gabby’s family and loved ones. She suffered and the L’s allowed her family to continue suffering with their silence. It’s heartbreaking. The outcome is sadly very unsurprising from the outset, he drove off back home with the van, he knew, we knew she was gone. I hope her family gets answers. RIP Gabby, your life cruelly ripped short

Regarding a defense.....if he's not dead

An autopsy will determine that there is no stranger DNA on her remains, nor under her fingernails, in her hair or on her clothing. Only Brian's and her own.
She will have no signs drug overdose (whether prescription or otherwise).
No signs of rape, unknown man's semen
No animal attack.
Obviously no sign she hanged herself.
No indications of self harm or homicide by a stranger.
And if she was buried, or partly so, suicide is ruled out anyway.

Just thinking aloud if this goes to trial, how does the defense argue reasonable doubt? I am not an attorney, so my musing is very rudimentary.

I would also think that forensics on site, between where the van was parked, and where she was concealed will also provide evidence.

I hate all this....my God, she lived with him and those parents for 2 1/2 years. She didn't deserve this, neither does her grieving family .

What I saw was they were standing around in a circle in an area that appeared to be where something was buried under. It looked like they were trying to block the choppers from seeing it. The canopy just appeared to be a place to shade where they will place the items of evidence under, process it, and take photos. I also do not think the body was under the canopy.
...and I think the body actually appears to be offscreen from the footage of setting up the canopy. At the end of some of the videos, once the canopy is set up, the men that were previously huddled all immediately walk off in a specific direction.

Regarding a defense.....if he's not dead

An autopsy will determine that there is no stranger DNA on her remains, nor under her fingernails, in her hair or on her clothing. Only Brian's and her own.
She will have no signs drug overdose (whether prescription or otherwise).
No signs of rape, unknown man's semen
No animal attack.
Obviously no sign she hanged herself.
No indications of self harm or homicide by a stranger.
And if she was buried, or partly so, suicide is ruled out anyway.

Just thinking aloud if this goes to trial, how does the defense argue reasonable doubt? I am not an attorney, so my musing is very rudimentary.

I would also think that forensics on site, between where the van was parked, and where she was concealed will also provide evidence.

I hate all this....my God, she lived with him and those parents for 2 1/2 years. She didn't deserve this, neither does her grieving family .
Based on what I've heard about BL alleged significant mental health issues (e.g., signs of psychosis with visual, and auditory hallucination along with total sleep deprivation) I think an insanity defence might ultimately be the way this goes IMO.

Agreed, everyone has a persona they put on for the "stage" of social reality - classic sociological reassoning. IMO he exhibited anti-social traits on the basis of his alleged NEET lifestyle and controlling nature combined with further alleged psychological dysfunction (as alleged by GP friend in her interview).

Agree with this, I also think her desire to produce the image on social media caused her to overlook her danger. In the LE video, he belittles the issue and GP cover up as it was a one time incidence. This DV behavior must have been ongoing to escalate to the tragic end.

I actually agree. That fits with the orientation of side of the road the van was seen on in the video. And it looks like the wash of the creek is in the right place from this perspective.

Yeah, if you watch the video with Google Maps and the campground map open, you can see where they pass the two ends of the loop into #5 (there's a red camper and black truck in there, IIRC), and then they pass the van, and then they turn around at the fork. The van is about midway between #5 and the fork. GP was found pretty much directly across the creek bed from there.

I became interested because her fiancé returned early without her and didn’t speak up. That was the most interesting bit and the most confusing, it drew me in.
I became interested because her fiancé returned early without her and didn’t speak up. That was the most interesting bit and the most confusing, it drew me in.

Cases where there is a large social media presence with a lot of footage available such as this and the Watts case tend to draw people in because you get a much better sense of who they were than from random stories with no “personal” touch. This is my explanation. I’m Asian so her being white doesn’t do anything for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member