Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post removed>
Based upon all the photo's from the FBI search the other day there is no way that GB's van was in the Laundrie's garage. There is a photo of her van inside a garage but I believe that is from LE and when it was, and still is, in their custody. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
The three of them could not have slept in that little over the truck van. Tent? Maybe. I just can’t imagine any 23 year olds camping with parents.

For what it's worth, I'm 33 and have gone camping with my grandparents every summer since I was 6 years old.

Although, on the flip side, he doesn't seem the sentimental type

it’s not enough to get him officially accused of murder. Much less convicted. In a court of law , he is innocent until proven guilty. A plausible alternate scenario is all that is needed to be found not guilty unless there is some direct admissible evidence showing he did the deed.

This is simply not true. Circumstantial evidence is enough to prove guilt. Most crimes don't involve a whole lot of direct evidence at all. And secondly, it does not need to be just any plausible alternate; the actual jury instruction here in CA says it must also be reasonable. If it's possible but not reasonable, the jury can and should disregard it.

Yes..legally that is the date.
If you sign a death certificate you note that' time of death' , meaning time a person is officially 'pronounced legally dead' by a licensed medical person. I have signed several days after death even though it's quite evident they passed days before.
I did not know that. So, if someone is found a year after actual death , and forensics can date it back to at least that long since death , official death date is date actually found and so declared dead? That’s what goes on gravestone?

That beggars belief. If that were the case, joyrides would be legal and I'm pretty sure they are not. Er, JMO, MOO, etc. etc. etc.
Joyrides are if owner of vehicle dies not declare otherwise and press charges.

I know this has been said before, but I’ll say it again because I can’t stop thinking about it. There has to be SOMETHING at the Carlton Reserve for them to be searching so long and using all of the resources available. I just don’t think BL’s parked car and his parents telling them that’s where he went to go hiking would be enough to keep up this intense search in this one area. I could be wrong though.

I swore up and down that I thought there was no way BL would kill himself because he’s a narc, however, if BL is there, I really don’t see him being alive at this point.

i wish we could go away from this narrative: they were in a long-term relationship. They BOTH worked on the van. They BOTH put money and sweat into it because they lived together and (IM ASSUMING) pooled resources like almost every other couple does, especially when you’re young and broke. They BOTH drove it. They BOTH lived in it. This isn’t a casual friendship where he stole the keys and took off. My husband and I have cars in each of our names but they’re OUR cars. We’d never say “don’t drive my car, it’s mine.” We are so hyper focused on him stealing her car when it’s clear it was theirs; regardless of the title.
They were not married not community property. Her name was on the registration and title it was HER VAN.

I’m not saying that isn’t suspicious! But from their point of view that van was theirs (gabby and Brian’s) they both worked on it, put time into it, drove it and lived in it. It was also registered to the Laundrie’s home, no? Yes the title was in her name technically but I’m sure people who knew them saw it as theirs. And who knows what crazy story he told his parents! “She broke up with me again and ran off with a guy! She’s awful! She hurt me so badly! Now i have this stupid van and i don’t know what to do!” I’m not saying it’s believable, the truth, makes sense, none of that. But it could have happened. We DONT KNOW.

"Technically"? No: legally. It was HERS if her name was on the title.

Whether Brian was supporting himself or not, the discussion was brought up as to whether or not his parents were enabling him in any way ?
And I think it's relevant.
Not so much the still living at home --my friend lived at home until she was in her early twenties as she was finishing her rn courses and her parents lived in a college town. Saved on dorm expenses and food as well. ;)
Her parents were glad to have her and she still had a lot of freedom.

I do think BL showed some unhealthy traits that may have been ignored ?
Warning signs : Were there any earlier in his life ?
Imo.

Here's what I take from the neighbor video. BLs parents bought a camper van and were planning on going camping for Labor Day weekend 9/4, 9/5, 9/6. Friday Saturday and Sunday. Their 23 y/o comes back on 9/1 from what they were told was a breakup with his girlfriend/fiancé for the second time in a month and they take him along on the camping trip. they could not have traveled the following weekend otherwise they would not have been home when the police came. Frankly I found the whole cringy neighbor interview hard to watch and makes me think they wanted their 15 seconds of "fame." Edited because I always forget the MOO

I’m thinking similar thoughts. Although I don’t think the neighbors are seeking fame - I think they legit thought they had a credible tip (and maybe they do - who knows) and they just wound up looking kind of confused on the news.

What we have so far are neighbors who just moved across the street from BL’s parents in June. They seem to not know much about the Laundries. It sounds like they didn’t even know that Gabby and BL lived there at one point or that they were on an extended trip.

The neighbors are the ones telling us that the Laundrie’s got a new camper after BL returned. For all we know, the camper could have been in storage and not new at all. These neighbors wouldn’t know because they just moved in recently. Also, the neighbors didn’t remember the date of the trip. They were guessing it was a week or week and a half after BL returned. The wife never even noticed the packing - it was the husband.

I think it will be fairly easy to for LE to determine if the camper was new and when the trip occurred. If it was a Labor Day trip and they stayed at a campground with amenities, they probably have no problem producing receipts - they likely had to book the trip well in advance for a holiday weekend. LE should also have some idea where the camper went since it was attached to BL’s Dad’s pickup truck - he probably has Sunpass or EZ pass and probably took a toll road to go somewhere.

I want this to be a great lead as to BL’s whereabouts, but it just doesn’t seem like it at this point.

I wonder if the restaurant where the couple think they saw him arguing with the waitress has CCTV? I wonder if he was arguing about the bill, perhaps the gratuity was automatically applied as is often the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong