Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a conversation thread, which I think began with a response I made to another poster. The post you quoted is part of that conversation. You can view the history of the conversation by clicking the 'up' arrow on each relevant post.
Thank you, and I had clicked back up the conversation a couple levels but it seemed more a side conversation that didn't really have any bearing on anything. :)

At that time, no one knew anything except what BL told them. I'm not so sure the parents knew the truth. That may have been the reason he left, because his parents were putting 2xand 2 together and asking questions after 9/11. I personally think they gave the lawyer card to police because they thought it was a bad breakup and didnt want to be involved, but were giving BL a lawyer in case Gabby and parents were coming after him over it. And I believe Cassie and think it was horrible all those people were harassing her at home like that. The guy from Nation news was intense in his questioning, not even stopping half the time to listen to her answers,, all the while a lady behind him spitting out angry questions too. In this "my rights" national division, it occurs to me no one was thinking about hers or her husband's and kids. She seemed to have no choice but to speak so there wouldn't be violence at her home! All the people demanding answers have gotten pretty hateful and scary. I understand their feelings, but I don't think the public should be doing that, its the job of the police and FBI. I'm not sure why its allowed!
The man that was interviewing CL in front of her home was not from Nation news. He was one of the protesters that has been in front of BL's parent's home. Just FYI

But the Moab incident was not public until after she was reported missing in September

To be more clear, Gabby and Brian were not well-known (either inside or outside the van life/influencer community) until September 13, when the first articles about her disappearance started coming in. They had a few hundred social media followers and 500 YouTube views. The Moab incident was a month before the story broke.

Something to consider, those who have poo pooed the idea of false walls or trap doors or anything possibly constructed by the L's, people who own multiple properties are usually well versed in maintenance and upkeep of said properties. There are exceptions of course but that is often the case. They also are well versed in rehabbing houses that are in bad shape so they can then rent them out. This would require construction in said houses. They could also contract out in which case they would "know a guy" who could assist them. There's no telling what is in their house and previously constructed way before any of this mess. IMO.
So you're saying it was premeditated, and well in advance BL's parents had a false wall constructed for the purpose of hiding their fugitive son? You really believe that? I feel like I must be misunderstanding you.

The “Travel & Lifestyle” community is a big thing on social media. You’re right that she was creating a brand, etc. & the kind of editing she was doing in that first video did take a whole lot of effort. People that try to make a living on social media spend hours editing pictures to post, etc.
Unless you just happen to have something go viral & get a lot of eyes on you that way, it is very difficult to become an influencer & build your audience. It takes years. & with the social media algorithms the way they are, you have to create content to post almost every single day to get the engagement & have the algorithms pick up your content & push it out to other people. That is the hard work on the front end that has to be put in if you want to become an influencer & that be how you make a living. Once you do that & build a big audience, it is extremely good money. However, getting there & getting those algorithms to push your content so you can build your audience…that part is extremely difficult & takes a lot of work to create mass amounts of content in order to post almost every day.

I just saw this being discussed so I thought I’d weigh in just knowing how social media works & knowing the influencer world
Thank you! It is always nice to hear first hand experience.

"a carton of Brian"! :eek: :D:D:D

As for underground hiding speculation, Twitter is currently going insane over ideas he's alive and under that little garden box the Ls have been watering:confused:

lol that’s what my previous post was getting at :D
The thought is almost as preposterous as “he/she reads books about bad people so must be bad themselves” (on which note my browsing history would make me a serial killing mass murderer school shooter psychiatrist!)

Been sticking with my self-imposed “only check Gabby’s thread in the evening” rule & feeling better for it, even though I miss some interesting things. Currently feeling very grateful for the WS rules, because dang are the crazies out on SM. Is it a full moon tonight? :D
New moon, actually, so imagine if full... :D

"a carton of Brian"! :eek: :D:D:D

As for underground hiding speculation, Twitter is currently going insane over ideas he's alive and under that little garden box the Ls have been watering:confused:

What if there is simply some sort of communication device in the garden? They could speak with BL and update him with inside information on the progression of the case. LE might have those satellite dish shaped listening devices for when they are outside but if they are not constantly monitoring them or not using them at all...IMO.
Edited to add: Or if checking the garden could be a signal to BL that they have prearranged. As in if you see us in the garden (via MSM) it means this. IMO.

I totally agree with this, however every time I bring it up I am lectured about how much work goes into editing photos for Instagram and posting one (ONE!) video (from first hand experience: this is not true) and am told I am insulting Gabby's "art" -- this is such a valid point that I feel deserves discussion -- how exactly did she expect to make money from the minimal effort she was putting into it? Maybe you'll have better luck than I have at getting others here to agree it's worthy of discussion.
I think that video took a TON of time. It's almost professional quality IMO.

A lot of "influencers" have started with less of a plan than our enterprising Gabby. You never know what will go viral. That is the element that can't be planned but can lead to real income if it happens and is exploited with hard work. There are many elements to successful vlogging. There is no singular path.

The reason it is popular is because online content can be marketed for profit....maybe a little or maybe a lot.

She/they saved money, bought a travel vehicle and started an adventure. Even if she only went home with life experience, she would have many skills in vlogging that she could use in job hunting, furthering her education, etc. Many people have capitalized this skill set.

I admire her passion which is indicated to me by her willingness to not just treat their time on the road as a "vacation." She was putting in some sweat equity. What if BL had been willing to do the same?
MOO

#JusticeforGabby
Wasn't BL's 'equity' the driving part?

Florida landscaper here. Have had to move and plant many huge palms.
A lot of land in Florida, especially land beneath "newer" suburban developments are on reclaimed land - land that's been dredged up from the Gulf. In many places, if you dig a 1ft. deep hole, you hit water. If you dig a 2ft. hole, you hit water. When that happens, you have to reposition palms, because planting them in those conditions rots them quickly.
In other places, the reclaimed land is solid shell, commonly named "hard pan", because it is almost impossible to chop through it with ordinary digging tools. You need heavy equipment. Even using heavy equipment, removing the layer of hard pan results in again finding water. Another reason why many Florida homes don't have basements.
So, I find it highly unlikely anyone could quickly dig a tunnel for escape from a suburban home built anytime after the 1930's.

Police Report Shows Brian Laundrie’s Car Was Never At Carlton Reserve As Parents Change Timeline Of His Disappearance (msn.com)

According to a redacted police report about an abandoned car — believed to be Laundrie’s — the Ford Mustang was discovered at 6968 Reisterstown Road at Myakkahatchee Environmental Park.

Their stories seems to be changing daily.
Would this be considered “at the Reserve”? I guess I assumed it was in a parking lot. I’m not at all familiar with the area.

Okay, the Dr. Phil interview with the Petitos has been approved (Thanks, Tiff).

Dr. Phil was not the best interviewer here for "our" purposes IMO. Not to discredit him in any way, we look for the smallest of details as clues, he is simple giving an interview. So, with that said, I found the family to have given us a lot of info we did not know or have confirmed.

At 11:49

JP states he told them they were gonna call police and still received no response from them. At this point, the Petitos still believed BOTH of them were still missing.

At 19:21
NS - “And they had (or have) the keys…”
JP – “And, how they threw the key away…”

And Dr. P does NOT follow up on this.

Um, come again? They threw away the key? Why would they ever bother doing that? Was there some sort of thought that maybe they’d say GP came back, left, and took the keys with her? MOO This is just one more of those nonsensical pieces of information that we are hearing that make so little sense that you cannot help but think it could be significant IMO.

Anyone else hear this? Thoughts?

At 10:15

JP makes a deliberate concerted effort to correct Dr. Phil that it is not accurate to say BL returned to FL without telling anyone but rather that (to their knowledge) he returned to FL without telling them. And, I'm with him on this. I have always thought the parents were consulted for guidance and that they told him he should get back there and they'd figure it out from there. MOO. Translation of that MOO, I still believe the parents knew something happened before he arrived home and as they cancelled and rebooked that camping trip. MOO. Speculation.

WTF?! I swear I read that the parents went out to the "Carlton Reserve" to look for BL themselves, prior to reporting him missing and that is when they came across the note about the car and decided to take it home. I could be wrong and I will try and locate it (ugh!!! there is so much about this case - trying to find a specific piece of information from weeks ago could prove frustrating) does anyone else remember reading this.

Would this be considered “at the Reserve”? I guess I assumed it was in a parking lot. I’m not at all familiar with the area.

17.3 miles from where they focused their search

"It was widely reported that Laundrie’s parents had found the car near the Carlton Reserve and had driven it home before reporting their son missing.

If the police report is accurate, this means that Laundrie’s car was actually found around 17.3 miles from the Venice side of the Carlton Reserve, which is where police focused much of their search."

The Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park is situated on 160 acres of heavily wooded land north of I-75 and connects to the Carlton Preserve.

Your Local Parks | North Port, FL

Police Report Shows Brian Laundrie’s Car Was Never At Carlton Reserve As Parents Change Timeline Of His Disappearance (msn.com)

According to a redacted police report about an abandoned car — believed to be Laundrie’s — the Ford Mustang was discovered at 6968 Reisterstown Road at Myakkahatchee Environmental Park.

Their stories seems to be changing daily.
Unbelievable. They need to be charged with obstruction, providing false information and they need to pay for that search!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie