Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel very sad right now and can't help thinking about the tragic ending in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. If BL is found deceased, two families will have suffered the loss of their children :(

“For never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo.”

― William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet

Waterproof Dry Bag

Does this look like the bag that was found?

waterproof-dry-bag-hq-642314.jpg
Yes! That's what it looked like to me when I watched it live on WFLA.

I agree. Many parents say sitting through a child’s murder trial is like losing their child all over again. Gabby’s family won’t have to face that. Plus it shuts down all the future attention-getting dramatics ie jailhouse snitches, protests, everyone else who’d be milking this tragedy for all it’s worth. JMO
Exactly. I think they know the jist of what happened. I’m sure the FBI has more details to give them than what we know.. I know most of us wanted him alive for those answers, but if he took the coward’s way out (or some random person got to him last night when the park was reopened), it at least puts it to an end. No more time and money wasted. His parents don’t have to hide anymore. Her family can start to grieve and with time move on without wondering where Brian is.

All the activity seems to be in the exact spot where the mustang was found. If that's correct this is very strange. LEO I'm sure covered this area very well. Even with flooding.

6968 Reisterstown Rd, North Port, FL 34291

Just because somebody is dead now doesn't mean they didn't kill someone before they were dead obviously.
I would be surprised if we ever learn much more about what happened to Gabby. MOO
Gabby is dead and was murdered. If they have good evidence that Brian committed that murder, they'll let the public know why they believe Brian committed that murder and why they are closing the case. Otherwise, it would be unethical for them to not look for a killer on the loose.

Wow!!!! :eek: I just heard the news and ran in here to read up on BLs articles being found. I prefer to come here for my 'news' since y'all are more thorough and quite frankly, believable in what you post. lol :p

OK! Got my coffee and will sit down and catch up on today's news. Just WOW!!!

ETA my first thought was the timing of the L's asking to come out for another search. Today, the day that his 'articles' are found. Kinda made me wonder if they planted the items as a diversion and that BL might not be there. Their timing just feels..... odd. I think I'm wrong about that, and he is indeed there, but the thought did cross my mind with how this case has gone in regards to the L's.

ETA (again) for y'all to SLOW down. I'll never get caught up with how fast you make this thread move. hahaha :p

I hate to even suggest this, but what if this just turns out to be another wild goose chase. Finding an item of his means that he was probably in that area at some point, but if they don't find any remains, could he still be on the AT watching this from hundreds of miles away? UGH. Fingers crossed for closure.

WFLA reported that the parents called LE last evening and told them that they wanted to go to the area, where the current activity is taking place, and that they wanted to search it. That makes me think that they had been in some sort of communication with BL and that communication stopped.
Also, WFLA reported that RL is at home and appears to be "dressed up." That's different from what we have seen previously. IMO.

something is SO off. After the park opens back up to the public it’s the parents of all people who find his things?

As of this writing, it has not been confirmed that a body has been found.

WFLA's JB Biunno has clarified that he initially misspoke and that the items that were found weren't necessarily clothing.

I hope that mainstream media will clarify the correct order (and details) of the following events:
  • The Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park is reopened.
  • BL's parents go to the park, meet with LE (Did they choose to go there, as SB said, or were they called there by LE?)
  • Items reportedly belonging to BL are found. (Who found them?)
JMO

the parents found the items

The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them.

Brian Laundrie search: Coroner arrives at North Port park after fugitive's items found

I am sorry to ask all of this. I took a two day break and come back to this. I checked BEs Twitter and he has a statement from SB. Is there in fact a white tent set up? His parents went to AT&T yesterday? I am so lost. I am sorry to ask, but if anyone could be kind enough to catch me up, I would much appreciate it.

I know that this doesn’t give Gabby's family (or us really) answers, but this can at least come to an end of this is that coward. Her family won’t have to sit through a trial and relive what happened. And I don’t feel bad for his parents.. their silence to me has shown guilt. I would’ve been screaming from every roof top to find my son.

Even if his family weren't involved in his departure or involved in anything that might have happened since then, the failure to reach out to Gabby's family when he arrived at their home without her and with her van....that is the thing I have never been able to get past, and I don't see at the moment how I ever will.

This is definitely not the outcome I was hoping for... (assuming his body has been found..) JMO. I also find it odd that yesterday they went to AT&T.. Could they have tracked his phone or something?

I do think we will get a report. We have seen that in other recent cases where the alleged perpetrator committed suicide.

For 2, if BL killed Gabby, he would still be responsible for her death in terms of "he did it" even if he's dead. In the Alexis Sharkey case, LE went to arrest her husband and he killed himself. LE released a statement that LE believes the evidence shows Tom killed Alexis beyond a reasonable doubt and they were prepared to prove that in court.

You need a live defendant for a trial so if BL is dead, there won't be a trial and that means there won't be a jury verdict regarding Gabby's murder. However, we will likely get to hear the state's theory and why they believe they have closed the case with the death of the prime suspect.

If he's dead, of course. JMO and all that.
If there is evidence that his parents assisted him in anyway in avoiding arrest for the pending charges, could charges still be pressed against them?

I don't really know how they'd prove it, unless there were any messages or the parents admitted it, but if they come out and say they believe BL murdered GP and believe his parents knew of the events upon his return, could there be potential charges in that area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes