Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note:

Please Read and Acknowledge

Where we are at this time:
-Brian Laundrie is officially named a POI by Law Enforcement
-Awareness foundation is approved for discussion
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved
-Gabby is still missing and considered the victim in this case
-Authorities have the van
-LE was at the Laundrie home last night
to talk with family - Protestors were at scene
-FOX 13 has reached out to authorities and police confirmed that they have been in contact with the TikTok user, Miranda Baker. They say her story is "possibly credible."
-Authorities are searching for BL who is now considered a missing person: current known search is at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park / Carlton Reserve
-BL’s parents shared with LE they have not seen BL since Tuesday

———————————————

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread. If you have question please PM a member of the Mod Team. We are here to help you!

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

Thanks for being amazing and valued WS members!!

Best to All,
Tiff

———————
Compliments of @oviedo
MAR 17
: IG Post- 1 yr anniversary
JUL 2: GP announced her engagement to BL

JUL 2
: Van Life Road Trip Began for Gabby Petito and BL - GP is the owner of the van
JUL 5: The couple stopped at Kansas' Monument Rocks
JUL 8: Their next stop was Colorado Springs
JUL 10: Petito updated her Instagram with photos of her walking at Grand Sand Dunes National Park
JUL 16: Petito’s smiling in a photo from the couple’s next stop at Zion National Park
JUL 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks
JUL 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park
JUL 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in hot tub at Mystic Hot Springs
JUL 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch
==================================
AUG 10
: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his gf then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.
AUG 12: The couple was at the organic store (Moonflower) from 9am to 3pm according to the police video - they were going to get water and showers - police report incident is at 4pm and the video is over an hour long of this incident. BL is taken to a hotel -Where does Gabby go for the night?

AUG 12
: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park - Believe the hike was august 9 and posted on aug 12
AUG 12 Moab, UT PD police incident report - no criminal charges,respond to an incident involving BL and Gabrielle Petito
AUG 12 Arches National Park - reservation only campsite (per PE) - Is this where Gabby stayed in her van/tent?

AUG 13
: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab
=============================
AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23 -Some reports say he moved stuff into storage and some say out of storage

AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted
AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats
AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)
AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it (this is new information for the timeline)
AUG 27
- Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.”
AUG 29- BL is picked up at 5:30pm while hiking alone in Grand Teton (tiktok)

AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite
August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify
SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone, retains an attorney & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted Brian and his mother, Roberta, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied The family alerted the National Park Service.
Sept 10-? Discovery of her Van
SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI
Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest
Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement
Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)
Sept 17- BL family asks police to come to their home
Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday

——-
Note:
September 1: POI BL is in Florida (we don't yet know when he left with her van to drive home to his parents house where he remains)

4 songs were added to the playlist "Mtn tops," on an account Gabby Petito appears to share with her boyfriend Brian Laundrie: Many of the songs, collected on an account she appeared to share with her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, focus on love and heartache.
"Your woman is your angel, is your left side, is your whole life; easily the most beautiful thing in the world," one song, Matt Berry’s "Woman," begins. "She'll soothe you; she'll accuse you; she'll confuse you; she'll lose you but always be the best friend you have in the world."

Another song, "Take My Hand," is about picking up a stranger at a bar. "The Badger’s Wake" is about a badger decomposing underground.

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

Missing woman's haunting songs on Spotify account may provide answers

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*
ETA discovery of the van by Gabbys dad on person is questionable- he may have driven by and called LE (need to research this)

I wonder if the police have searched the storage facility where BL and his father went and cleared it out when he flew home. Did they look at the security footage to see what occurred there? If not, they need to do it now!
I know people have said he wouldn't have driven back here with her body but anything is possible and if so, would he place her there? Could she have been alive for part of the trip he drove back to FL or dead in the back of the van? I think anything is possible in this case.
JMO MOO IMO

Yes I was thinking about that conversation when I posted it was strange he was offering $200 plus the fact he was heading to Florida with no money if he was using her credit card to purchase gas as I read earlier in the posts.

There are a lot of conversation idioms in this video that people are taking extremely literal. They asked if he had any money for a motel. As a vanlifer without an income stream they probably did have money but had it all accounted for future purchases - food, gas, park fees (if any), etc. So I can easily see him thinking, "no we don't have any money for a motel. I'll just camp out." and so just answered the cops actual question.

The same thing with the phone. He said he didn't have a cell phone. He could have meant I don't have it with me. Or that he has a block of plastic that people would call a phone, but he never uses it and/or it doesn't a plan, so in his mind he doesn't have a cellphone. GP did say he is very bad at keeping it charged. I mean, in the video he had to hunt down a charger to go with the phone that was stuffed down somewhere.

Personally, I don't believe he is in the reserve. Living in Florida he knows it's miserable in there, with the mosquitos, humidity, and alligators. He's not a tourist. This guy is not resourceful or a survivalist by nature imo, he wouldn't last a night in there, alligators and all.

Unless he was not planning on coming back, with a rope in his backpack, I think this location was planned a ruse. Parents "finding the car" and driving it back the same day is off too. How was he supposed to get back if the car was taken away?

Brian is elsewhere, maybe hiding in plain sight in a big city, with a wad of cash his parents gave him, or off to some barefoot commune who knows where.

Great points. I agree with all of this. But I am leaning more toward suicide worry than the legal worries at this point.
Still really weird they would *drive his car back home* if they were worried about his safety. Especially if he had left the house Tuesday, AND they found the car Tuesday, AND didn't say anything to the police until Friday.

Working on updating the timeline to include yesterday and today's events. Re: the search this morning, can someone point me in the direction as to what led them to this area? Do we know?
https://twitter.com/shannoncwtsp/status/1439237916790824964?s=21
Also: Is 160 acres correct? If so, that's really not that big of an area if you bring dogs in. They test on 40 and 80 acre plots, so it wouldn't take too many. And they certainly can get through heavily wooded better than any human. How much is water?

Additionally, is there anything else that needs to go on the timeline? Thanks!
c2rhub.com/gabbypertitotimeline
Ok, so not sure where the original acreage came from, but it was very inaccurate so just disregard my original comment that I can no longer edit or delete lol.

You're very generous. I don't think for one moment they're telling the truth. Certainly not the whole truth. Selective truth? Perhaps.

MOO.
Well, that's what I mean. The information they gave to police in order to find BL is probably true. But they were very careful about revealing any information in relation to Gabby, since they consulted the attorney before reporting their son missing.

They must know the trouble they would be in if they intentionally mislead investigators in finding their son. I don't see them risking that. I don't think their attorney would let them do that, either. IMO

Can they arrest the parents if there's evidence they lied to LE last night? There must be several charges regarding the entire investigation, if they are lying.

Yes, the NPPD spokesperson confirmed it was FBI at their house last night. Lying to a federal agent is a felony under 18 USC 1001. 5 years in prison and the feds are not shy about prosecuting this.

i doubt anyone would have been involved to a great length, she had already called her Mother while sitting in the back of the rangers SUV. she would have gotten out the next morning on her own recognense and they would have continued on with their trip. IMO, it wouldnt have made her seperate from him, she didnt even wanna seperate that same night and made sue he had his phone charger so she could get in touch with him. this incident happened 2 weeks before she last had contact with her mother so it woud have just been a bump in the road IMO!!

No. It’s not that simple. First, to be released on one’s own recognizance, it usually has to be a petty crime and domestic violence may not be considered a petty crime, even if she was charged with misdemeanor DV.

She may have been able to easily make bail, but there would be no traveling on with Laundrie. She would’ve had to show up for future hearings. She would’ve very likely been given conditions for bail such as no contact with him. She may have had travel restricted to the state she was in and/or her home state.

Most states don’t play with DV.

I believe they - no, not them but their attorney- is smarter than that.

Lying could land you in jail. Don't lie, just don't say more than you have to.

I agree. They really haven't said anything, except talk to his lawyer.

I don't want to defend the parents, however, they may be in total anguish about the whole situation. I am sure the lawyer told everyone - talk to no-one, to take away any judgment call and mistakes.

I wonder if they may finally crack and have to talk.

<modsnip>
There are a lot of conversation idioms in this video that people are taking extremely literal. They asked if he had any money for a motel. As a vanlifer without an income stream they probably did have money but had it all accounted for future purchases - food, gas, park fees (if any), etc. So I can easily see him thinking, "no we don't have any money for a motel. I'll just camp out." and so just answered the cops actual question.

The same thing with the phone. He said he didn't have a cell phone. He could have meant I don't have it with me. Or that he has a block of plastic that people would call a phone, but he never uses it and/or it doesn't a plan, so in his mind he doesn't have a cellphone. GP did say he is very bad at keeping it charged. I mean, in the video he had to hunt down a charger to go with the phone that was stuffed down somewhere.
i keep a lot of old phones just for storage, apps, being rough with etc in situations i don't want to break my actual working phone lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I don't believe he is in the reserve. Living in Florida he knows it's miserable in there, with the mosquitos, humidity, and alligators. He's not a tourist. This guy is not resourceful or a survivalist by nature imo, he wouldn't last a night in there, alligators and all.

Unless he was not planning on coming back, with a rope in his backpack, I think this location was planned a ruse. Parents "finding the car" and driving it back the same day is off too. How was he supposed to get back if the car was taken away?

Brian is elsewhere, maybe hiding in plain sight in a big city, with a wad of cash his parents gave him, or off to some barefoot commune who knows where.
Honestly at this point, I am not convinced he was ever in North Point recently. I don't believe this family one bit.

I wonder if the police have searched the storage facility where BL and his father went and cleared it out when he flew home. Did they look at the security footage to see what occurred there? If not, they need to do it now!
I know people have said he wouldn't have driven back here with her body but anything is possible and if so, would he place her there? Could she have been alive for part of the trip he drove back to FL or dead in the back of the van? I think anything is possible in this case.
JMO MOO IMO

Yeah, among other things. I kind of feel like NP Police was just sitting there waiting to talk to Brian rather than actively investigation, as they appear to be now. imo.

My best guess at the moment is that IF what the Laundrie's have told LE is true, they realized on Friday that Brian had taken the gun out of its case that was stored in his car, and that created a sense of urgency. I noticed that Josh Marshall, the Spokesperson for the NPPD, said he 'could not speak to that' when asked if BL owned a gun. They would certainly know that information.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member