Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sleuthypsych

Sleuthypsych Well-Known Member

I think the only way he is there is if he decided to end it. He seems relatively intelligent so hiding out in a place you frequent seems unlikely.

2. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

I'm going to bet BL's backpack is found and the consensus is going to be that he was eaten by gators. This family has an amazing ability to manipulate LE.

3. Gloomy Bear

Gloomy Bear Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I'm thinking too. He has been home since Sept 1st. Tuesday was Sept 14th. That is two whole weeks for them to calm down, make a plan, and follow through. They also dropped him off, left him there alone without any means of getting back home, and waited until Friday night to report him "missing." It's a bizarre thing to do, but this is a bizarre, not normal case so far. He's most likely long gone out of Florida.

4. WahooSleuth

WahooSleuth Well-Known Member

Wasn't it Yellowstone where they were supposed to meet, and the idea is that BL most likely said Yosemite in the "no service" text but meant Yellowstone?

5. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Great find - consistent with some other things we know. I just can't figure out how BL got from there to FL in 2 days - although...if it's true that he sometimes had trouble sleeping/went without sleep, he could have driven straight through. If Gabby had disappeared (by any means), his mental state would not be normal.

Quiche, Warwick7, LietKynes and 13 others like this.
  6. ninvestigate

ninvestigate Well-Known Member

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
    Yes, recently saw that there's an old story where a person with the same name as this TikTok-er (and appearance, IMO) "went viral" after some sort of event in a bar when she reported she was called "fat" or "disgusting." Anyway, I don't know all the details, but I'd suggest anyone questioning the veracity of the TikTok-er Google her name to find out about this prior "going viral" incident and make their own judgement calls. IMO MOO!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2021
  7. redfishingirl

redfishingirl Well-Known Member

And only that $200. I get frustrated at some of the things people attach to when reading sometimes...

sonjay, EmmieA, LaurieLou and 14 others like this.
  8. Centaurus

Centaurus Active Member

The only thing I can think of is they didn't want it impounded? I know at the parks around here, you have to pay for daily parking or your car can get towed.

9. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

Here’s the link to Rose interview she’s Gabbys good friend from Florida

Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

maureen718, bellyup and silly1 like this.
  10. LullabelleRosie

LullabelleRosie Well-Known Member

Where or who is the officer that pulled him over on September 1st? Did he notice anything strange? Why was he pulled over? What resulted? None of this has been answered.

InsertCleverUsername likes this.
  11. Knitty

Knitty Well-Known Member

She wasn't taken to jail, because she wasn't arrested. She spent the night in the van, unless I've misunderstood this whole situation.

12. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  13. bykerladi

bykerladi Well-Known Member

IIRC she was supposed to meet a friend for dinner and never texted her the details. Her friend told MSM she thought it was odd.

14. GRT

GRT Well-Known Member

I feel exactly the same way. The mother obviously knew something was wrong from the getgo because she would not respond to GP's mother's frantic texts. That's cold.

IMOO, the only reason they ever agreed to talk to LE was because the protesters got too close to their house and they were afraid.

sonjay, Bogbean, Warwick7 and 12 others like this.
  15. dtowndetective411

dtowndetective411 Well-Known Member

It would still be feasible. Even leaving morning of 8/30. Driving 18 hrs day 1, 12 hrs day 2 and 4 hrs day 3. On adrenaline and possible mania, yes it’s possible.

16. 24Brix

24Brix Well-Known Member

I have to say, early on I was getting that bizzaro vibe we all got from Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky’s “van life” adventure a few summers ago. (Sadly, their names stick in my head while the names of their victims currently escape me.)

It turned out nothing was as it seemed in that case, especially early on. BL’s infatuation with Palahniuk and the IG pics of GP reading “Fight Club” and “Zodiac” just reinforced the feeling that we haven’t been getting the whole story.

LE’s formal disassociation of this couple from the Moab murders helped me abandon that track of thinking. But this new “on the run” chapter has got me comparing the two cases again. I wonder if these two were aware of that story at all?

I don’t know what to make of any of it at this point. At least KM and BS’s families were somewhat helpful compared to BL’s family’s stonewalling and silence if not outright complicity. I sure hope electronic data is pouring in fast and furious for these two. IMO SW’s can be issued quickly for missing and at-risk persons nowadays.

MOO as always…

17. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

She had plans to communicate with her friend on the 29th to make plans for them to meet up in early Sept.

18. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

That friend has corrected this to "Yellowstone." I just heard her say it with her own lips over on Youtube, but she was incorrectedly quoted by DailyMail IIRC.

Gabby's extensive list making shows no intention of going to Yosemite - and the friend now says it's Yellowstone.

I found the MSM link:

Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom

Gabby's last text (the one her mom believes is fake, for obvious reasons) is the only place "Yosemite" is mentioned. The friend gave an interview to The Sun and plainly says "Yellowstone."

19. Kano

Kano Well-Known Member

unless Brian had hidden her phone and she never received those texts.

20. rleigh123

rleigh123 Well-Known Member

It's common sense and against journalistic integrity to "couple up" a missing woman with the man who is a POI in her disappearance.

It makes it sound like some poor couple went missing together.

It's careless and unethical.

IMO nothing I said indicates "guilty before proven innocent."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.