Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfpintny

halfpintny Well-Known Member

Did he say if it was there on Monday or is there no live footage for the 13th?

2. LullabelleRosie

LullabelleRosie Well-Known Member

I wonder if he said something like “I’ve got $200 to my name,” and the girl who picked him up interpreted that as offering $200 for the ride

Midgie2 and sleepyhead25 like this.
  3. ocean.eyes

ocean.eyes Active Member

I saw this asked in the previous thread but don’t recall seeing answer. (Although it’s very possible I could’ve missed it!)

Does anyone know if LE finds any pertinent information during their current missing person search for BL (for example, tracking info that places BL and GP together for the last point in time), would that information be admissible in a criminal case? Or not, because it was found during a missing person search?

Lurkiee and InsertCleverUsername like this.
  4. Jessthinkin

Jessthinkin Well-Known Member

Seems like Leticia Stauch went from Colorado to Florida in just 2 or 3 days (with Gannon's body)... :(

5. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

My opinion is based on my own family's experience dealing with toxic narcissists and the need to obtain protection orders.

This case involves a missing young woman and the man who purportedly loved her refused to communicate with her parents. In this case, I don't believe the term is "over-used."

JMO

6. Yaritza

Yaritza Active Member

New thread by then probably. Unwind a little. I should as well.

skyedaze likes this.
  7. Kapua

Kapua Well-Known Member

I want to know if anyone saw a man that looks like BL enter the Reserve with a backpack, or if there are security cameras that saw either the Mustang or BL, and at what dates and times.

8. Windsorite

Windsorite Well-Known Member

What's the hurry? We're talking Moab, UT not NY, Philly, Atlanta, Chicago etc. MOO

EmmieA, silly1, JerseyGirl and 2 others like this.
  9. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

They didn't elaborate so I think that remains to be seen.
    You're welcome! :)

JayWill, MsBetsy and ninvestigate like this.
  10. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

I believe the story. I just am not sure if he ever used his own name, or ever just Brian, or if Miranda recognized him later, not sure if he mentioned "Gabby", details like this that Miranda repeated without specifying who said what. Probably the $200, which she does not claim to ever seeing was more of a jest, "Hey take me to Jackson I'll pay ya 200 bucks!" This would fit in with his chatty manic monologue of exaggerations and lies as per the body cam.

What else could have been in Jackson Hole that he didn't want to see, or did he just realize he was passing his own van or a specific trail he needed to return on. Or the Idaho connection.

So I believe her, just maybe we didn't get the whole dialogue word for word that the cops would have heard.

11. rleigh123

rleigh123 Well-Known Member

And let's hope they don't send him off to the Swiss Alps.

Lore Listener and PIUK like this.
  12. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

If anything, he took his beloved hammock.

13. halfpintny

halfpintny Well-Known Member

To my knowledge the ownership of the van has not been established. I understand it to be "theirs." And if I'm playing devil's advocate, the parents may not have know exactly who owned it either.

NCHydrangea likes this.
  14. dacjess

dacjess Where is Summer

I’ve read a few times about someone being presumed innocent. IMO that’s only in a court of law. If we were jurors, that would be the standard we’d bear. But there’s no law that people need to carry that same presumption into an internet discussion. As long as we abide by the terms of the WS site, it seems rational to discuss BL’s behavior as outside the norm. We are clearly unable to rule against him in a court of law so seems this would go without saying. JMO.

15. Herat

Herat Way out West

Miranda Baker has another video out that I watched on Youtube. She discusses the original video and makes a couple of comments to clarify the business with "Jackson" and "Jackson Hole". [There is only one town that is properly called Jackson Hole, but often shortened to Jackson. They are the same place]

She says he seemed to mix up north and south. I'm left to infer that he thought that he was heading north to a town called "Jackson" rather than south. When they mentioned Jackson Hole he became alarmed and demanded to be dropped off, so they let him out near the Jackson Dam, which is south of where he was picked up.

Tutter, samsmom, penguinface and 5 others like this.
  16. CanadianWells

CanadianWells Well-Known Member

Part of what they're doing is continuing to assess and waiting for background info to come back and be looked at. Most people can hold it together for a bit if they're covering something, but their stories/demeanor can change if LE stays around a bit longer. A lot of info comes up when they run your info.. potentially every time your license has been run during traffic stops, even if you were the passenger.
    It's precautionary. Someone was upset enough by their behavior to call the cops, so they're doing their due diligence.

17. Coquette

Coquette Observer

That's your opinion and you are surely entitled to it. I just fully disagree. I've spoken to enough LE folks to know how careful they have to be on DV calls. I actually had to make a call about a couple arguing next door recently that sounded far too heated and potentially physical. I was outside with other neighbors trying to gauge things. The Sheriff's came out and stayed for more than a hour talking to the couple. We were all so relieved they took it seriously.

18. cybele

cybele New Member

With all the attention this case is getting, I would not be surprised to learn that people are messaging the people he follows/his friends. Probably blocking him to distance themselves from the public frenzy. All MOO.

19. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

Agree. I'm not sure where that 9/1 date came from

Caring4Many and ninvestigate like this.
  20. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

We haven’t seen their report. They might have had reasonable cause to spend that time. Given the present circumstances, it would seem they did.

amateur opinion and speculation

Dre and dacjess like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.