Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree. Do you know when was the last verified sighting of him? I’m wondering how long it’s really been and if he is far far out of the area at this point

Aug 29th at Jackson potentially

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

LE has confirmed they find her credible and are working to verify.

As a Canadian I am confused as to what the perimeters are for the FBI getting involved in a case. Many thanks in advance.

Multi state for 1 thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you believe differently if you learned the contents of the backpack? What if it contained, say, a rope or a gun or a big bottle of pills?

My sense of this young man is that he is devastated at what happened, whether by his own fault, their joint faults or some other thing. He feels he's ruining his parents' lives, too. If ever someone had a reason to be depressed and anxious, it is he.

And anxious, depressed people are at very high risk (for various things, including misadventures in the wilderness and suicide).
I think his parents would have panicked sooner and contacted LE sooner if he did not bring the hiking backpack.

Is anyone interviewing neighbors?

In my 'hood, we all know when someone's kid is home from college, when their gf/bf is sleeping over, when someone's housekeeper is there (or supposed to be there), when someone is on vacation, when they got new furniture delivered, when they had a plumbing problem, are getting their bathroom remodeled or building a new deck etc etc. I admit, we are a nosey bunch, but there is some safety / security in that as well. Ha ha! We literally have a group chat and it is not at all uncommon for a text like "Does anyone know whose car that is that's been parked on the street all day?"

Anyway, I just can't imagine living on that block and not knowing at least something about BL whereabouts the last few weeks or someone seeing him home in August when he (maybe?) was home, etc. to confirm whether he's even been there at all.

This reporter was just in the Laundries’ neighbour’s backyard. (Nothing but a fence, and the neighbour barely knows them or has noticed anything.)

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439323513572134914?s=20

This is a pretty standard line. I don't believe it to be true.

I don't believe it either. I can't remember the last time I saw such a large police search force--armed and using bloodhounds--to search for an ordinary 23-year-old man who seemingly wanted to disappear? Having POI status rarely triggers that level of response.

I haven’t read through all the posts, but watched the police cam video in it’s entirety from the domestic violence incident in Moab on 8/12/21.

During the ride to his free hotel room, Officer Robbins highly recommended to Brian that they travel to Yosemite then Sequoia National Park, as though everything was going to be just peachy. I can’t get that out of my head.

Officer Robbins must be disturbed seeing how things really played out.

This is why the timing is just weird weird of the mysterious deaths of the couple in Yosemite. I know LE says it was likely a toxic/hazmat anomaly but they ultimately have no idea. So, many sketchy things happened in Utah, California, and Wyoming in August.

I was a part of a missing person’s search several years ago- a family friend’s daughter got a 2nd DUI, felt her life was over and disappeared. The thing that stands out to me about this case is that Brian left for the woods with a backpack- this girl we were searching for (who sadly had commit suicide and was found roughly a mile from her house) left EVERYTHING important to her- her purse, her phone, her money. The fact that he brought a hiking backpack makes me speculate that he didn’t just go to that park to “end it,” he went to that park to hide, or at least to throw off LE. I do think his parents have not heard from him and are afraid he might be dead. Lastly, did anyone anywhere- neighbors, strangers, anyone?-see him in the first part of September? How is it that he has been home since September 1st and no one saw him taking stuff out of the van after he got home? Entering or exiting his house? You would think the neighbors would notice this huge camper van in the driveway and at least think- oh, they are back from their trip!
PREACH. As far as I am aware, there is no corroborated nor verified information that BL was ever definitively in Florida this past week, let alone since 01 September. Of course, LE searching the area does suggest there is enough evidence suggesting that it is possible BL (or, frankly, even GP) could be present. I acknowledge there are also search parties for GP out west... and I'd like to add my opinion/thought (MOO COW!) that either search could theoretically turn up either party.

But doesn’t the van belong to her? What possible innocent explanation could he have given to his parents for ending up with his ex’s wheels and leaving her to continue a trip without a vehicle.
that's what bothers me so much...the van. i mean him not drinking from the water bottle i found odd but i think that's just me. but the van without the actual owner in it? I do think harm could have come to her from someone along the way but why did he leave her to begin with? She's clearly vulnerable and he was protective of her in the video, so why just split?
My gut tells me there was an accident, a 'crime of passion' if you will, and he freaked. He had a good long way to drive to ruminate on that and then gets home and leaves? To me, it sadly implies to something nefarious on his part with his leaving/absence from home.

The other missing people in that area just add to the complexity and confusion in this case. More room to speculate.

I really don't think BL is anywhere near that area. I think his family is buying him time to get away. If he were truly "missing" and they were worried about him, they'd have reported him the next day. They know exactly where he is.

I disagree. In this situation the last thing BL's family wants to do is call the cops. They are trying to avoid contact and involvement with the police. I think it's very likely that they would wait as long as they possibly could after they'd last seen him, hoping he would turn up somewhere, so they wouldn't have to get LE involved.

As a Canadian I am confused as to what the perimeters are for the FBI getting involved in a case. Many thanks in advance.

Usually they get involved crimes in cross state boundary lines or federal crimes. They also have crime lab services and identification capabilities that are utilized by local authorities upon request

My understanding is they can get involve in missing persons, particular with minors. I assume in this case it is the cross state boundary crime.

In these photos the mustang is not in the spot it is now. There was a post a few thread back where someone said they heard on a live where a reporter had not seen the mustang Tuesday but it came back Wednesday-anyone else remember that?
That was reporter Brian Entin. He is still on his Live at the Laundries home.

Here is video he posted on Tuesday 9/14 at 6:04 pm and he said the parents had left an hour previously.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437930287170822152?s=21

Then video of them returning in a red truck.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437932624534769668?s=21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member