Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the last text in California been discounted and for that reason the search effort appears concentrated in WY.

We believe/know that Gabby and BL are physically separated ?

BL phone, the van, and testimony from the parents indicate BL is in Florida ?

BL has a Lawyer representing him and family. Sister has stated not seeing or talking to BL

The Spotify songs noted being posted by Gabby & BL around the time between last visual confirmation of the van in WY and FL.

My thoughts to consider:

1. Was BL placed in a compromising situation where he was helpless to prevent the events of Gabby separating from him ?

2. Did he ask for and receive help from his parents in managing his part of the crisis ?

3. The arrival of the van in FL without Gabby means that there was a situation where Gabby could no longer stay with the van. Why ?

4. Was the location of Gabby's phone last txt in California confirmed. Is it possible that a traveler other than BL or Gabby had Gabby's phone ?

A few plausibles:

<modsnip>

BL witnessed an obduction of Gabby and was told that she would be harmed if there was any public notice of an obduction noted. Remaining silent saves Gabby ?

BL have Gabby's phone to a stranger that promised to send a text when in California (payed or not to do so).

BL was involved in something that is incredibly difficult to defend.

They are protecting Gabby from harm by not disclosing details that would result in the potential for Gabby to be harmed.

The Spotify songs imply a story of separation such that Gabby's phone is in California and BL is on his way home to Florida. BL gave up or lost Gabby but also believes something has happened that will require legal protection. Either BL is forthright with his family or he is not. Either way, he requires a defense lawyer.

I only present these thoughts as a tool to rule out and enhance a boundary of discussion. I

I like how cleanly you lay out alternative scenarios.

Gabby's mother doesn't believe the "Yosemite" text on the 30th was from Gabby - not her style, and Yosemite was never in her plans.

LE now has access to both GP's and LB's phone records which will tell them where they (probably) were. I wouldn't hope to see those records until someone is charged. They might tell us about them upon an arrest.

Regarding the threat of danger in the Florida wild...

Many people stay overnight in wild Florida. Gators generally do not care for human interaction. It's mostly only gators fed by humans who end up attacking humans. Florida's black bears have no interest in humans. There are only about 200 panthers in Florida, and they have little reason to attack humans. There is plenty of food out there to keep panthers and smaller wild cats happy.

One time, I slept on the edge of a hiking trail. I didn't even have fire. Nothing bothered me. I could hear gators and boars all night. But I was just fine.

The greatest danger in Florida's wilderness areas is probably dehydration. It's still very hot and humid here in Florida. Hiking would require a few water bottles and some sort of purifying system.

I don't know how sure anyone is about his supposed trip to the nature reserve. But it's just as likely that he hitched a ride up 75 and got the hell out of dodge that way.
This reminded me - one of the social media posts talked about not bringing their purifying straws for the hike because there was no water, so they had to bring the water. So, they had straws with them (if we believe the post). I can't link because I can't recall which post. I remember because I bought a straw for my emergency pack recently.

No, it doesn't make them evil murderers.
But it has been thought by many psychologists, that people who draw/listen/create/play violent works have more of a propensity towards potential violence. They have an interest in it in the first place, usually for a reason.
Please provide a source showing the percentage of people with those interests who turn violent.

Creating morbid art is not the same thing as torturing animals.

I was kind of hoping the "who is the abuser" conversation died when we re-opened the thread but since it hasn't I'm going to bring this forward with some more comments.

IMO the totality of the evidence we have shows they were both being abusive to each other.

THEY BOTH put marks on each other.
ONE officer determined that Gabby was the “primary aggressor”. I’m super supportive of LE in most instances However, IMO that officer made a bad call in calling Gabby the aggressor because NO ONE ever asked Gabby when the injury to her face occurred so a timeline isn't clearly established. That officer did not contribute to the police report and the officers that did contribute state it was a mental health episode and not domestic violence. Everyone here is talking about looking at this incident with a bias from their own lives without considering that officer that determined that Gabby was the primary aggressor stated that his ex wife and him had these issues and he himself could have been biased.

Transcribed from body cam video
9:04
Officer: "Did he hit you"
GP : "He liked grabbed me" (puts hands to face grabbing to demonstrate)
Officer: “Don't worry, be honest”
GP: “He like .. he like this .... (puts hands on face grabbing again) He didn't like hit me (makes punching motion) (inaudible)
Officer: Did he slap your face or what?”
GP: “He like grabbed (inaudible) it cut me here ... (strokes left cheek) ... I can feel it now ... *starts crying* (see photo - this mark is exactly where she's touching her face)”

12:24
Officer: “This officer noticed you have marks on your face”
BL : “ I put marks on her too “

21:08
Officer giving witness statement : He said he never saw the male strike the female. He saw the male trying to lock her out of the vehicle ..... he hung her backpack on the back probably so she'd have her *expletive* ... the witness is saying I never saw him hit her I saw him shove her he couldn't say if it was an aggression against her or a defense against her.

From Police Report :
Officer Eric Pratt : "It wasn't clear, but I believe it was reported the male had been observed to have assaulted the female" "It appears this incident is more accurately categorized as a mental health break than a domestic assault"

Officer Robbins:
Christoper stated that Brian got into the van, he saw what appeared to him as Gabby hitting Brian in the arm and then climbing through the driver side window as if Brian had locked her out and she was trying to find a way in.

Brian said Gabby thinking he was going to leave her in Moab without a ride , went to slap him. As Gabby started to swing Brian pushed her away to avoid the slap. But she still caught his face leaving some visible scratches.

After evaluating the totality of the circumstances I do NOT believe the situation escalated to the level of domestic assault as much as that of a mental health crisis .

They did BOTH have their own cell phones in case of emergency.

————
We also have witness testimony that BL was controlling to Gabby. Including limiting her friends, taking her ID and limiting her activities (Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online)

And we KNOW that BL left her somewhere, returned to FL alone and is now on the run.
Seriously disturbing and alarming dynamic between them!
That kind of intensity in a van, with all kinds of other pressures happening probably reached a crescendo and exploded. IMO. A perfect storm.

Shame .
Seemingly unpreventable.
Like a karmic clash of gigantic proportions.

In my imagination.

Question: If someone was deceased, how long would infrared from a helicopter be able to detect them?
I watched a video the other day featuring people from Equusearch (on DutyRon) where they were talking about special infrared drones and it was absolutely amazing what they could do. It picked up differences of less than a degree. They also mentioned that they could detect after people were deceased once the decomp process started. They even said they could pick it up underground. I had no idea the technology was that specific. I don't think is true for all infrared but these particular drones they were using could. His name was Gene Robinson.

This as just made my day, we’ve seen nothing of any of GP’s searches or search teams photos. It’s been all BL, I can’t explain how much this touched me emotionally. Really hope there’s a closure brought real soon to her family’s, try help end this heartbreaking torment and torture they’ve faced daily since they reported her missing. #FindingGabby

It is fascinating how much the attention has turned, but Brian being missing is the fresh part of this news and that's how the "news" works these days. It's unfortunate. I did see someone last night request we split the threads into two; keep this one going for Gabby and have another for Brian. I kinda like that idea but they're too closely related.

The #FBI seeks assistance from anyone who utilized the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area between the dates of August 27-30, 2021 who may have had contact with Gabrielle "Gabby" Petito or her boyfriend, or who may have seen their vehicle.
https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status/1439391998092496899

This FBI request had me confused but I just mapped it out and it fits. Northern most location Yellowstone; Colter Bay is south of that; Spread Creek southeast of that. This tidbit from them sounds VERY encouraging to me. They know something.

This is what I narrowed it down to last night:

8/24: Gabby checks out of Fairfield Inn and Suites
8/25 0r 8/26: Owner of Rustic Row in Idaho says Petito and Laundrie spent about 15 to 20 minutes in the store.
8/25 or 8/26 - Possible sighting of BOTH in Grant Village, Yellowstone
8/26 - UNVERIFIED sighting of BL alone in Bullwinkle's Bar, West Yellowstone, MT
8/27 - ??? (whereabouts unknown)
8/28 - ??? (whereabouts unknown)

8/29: Laundrie alone. Hitchhiking. No vehicle. Stated he had been at Snake River (probably a cover). Picked up Colter Bay, Grand Teton. Skittish when he realized they were traveling back to where he left, instead of away from it. Exited vehicle abruptly at Jackson Damn.

This leads me to think that whatever happened occurred in that 3-day span of 8/26-8/29.

Last edited:
This as just made my day, we’ve seen nothing of any of GP’s searches or search teams photos. It’s been all BL, I can’t explain how much this touched me emotionally. Really hope there’s a closure brought real soon to her family, try help end this heartbreaking torment and torture they’ve faced daily since they reported her missing. #FindingGabby
They seem to have a solid idea of the area in which this occurred. It's a needle in a much smaller haystack now. This bodes well.

You're a little bit behind. California is not relevant. The Yosemite text was IMO almost guaranteed to be a mix-up. Possibly intentional, but I don't know. I've mixed the two up MANY times.

very well could have been her trying to send a clue to where she was taken. This whole thing is so weird. I just wish we had an alternate timeline with only physical evidence and not all of this out of touch mom/dad stuff! Maybe they don’t have the right info? By design? Idk. Seems like a lot of assumptions have been made and other assumptions haven’t been discussed.

So he bought a plane ticket so he could save money on storage? How many months of storage would that plane ticket have paid for? Sounds bogus to me too.

What if they broke up, he flew home and moved his own stuff out of storage back into the house because he was no longer going to be on the trip. When GP spoke to her dad in the hotel, she didn't tell him BL left because it wasn't a planned trip back but rather he just left in a huff and she didn't want her parents to know she was alone.

Then GP and BL cool off and make up and he decides to join her again on the trip and flies back.

JMO but that seems more likely than a planned trip to empty out a storage locker that could have been done before they left?

I find it sad that one of the stickers, that was NOT on the van at the Moab traffic stop, is one from Venice, FL saying "Today is a good day". Venice is the City one exit North of North Port. So did Brian buy it on the way home? Seems reminiscent of Casey Anthony's tattoo "Bella Vita" or Beautiful Life.
Any idea what the black triangle sticker is? It's not in the police video either.

LOL, I was gonna say, "panthers" is not what I think of when I think of swamp wildlife... I'd be more likely to expect them in the Grand Tetons, or at least a catamount. It's gotta be the gators, IMO.

As for the "water purification", let's not forget, it doesn't take much planning or space. I, for example, have a SIGG type bottle with a UV light in the cap that swears it purifies water; or there's the good old classic water purification tablets.

Agreed, but then again, a lot of people are VERY white bread. Millions of people back in the day bought and/or read Jessica Mitford's book about the commercialization of death and the funeral industry; it was a huge bestseller; I bet there are just as many people out there thinking the folks who up and read that book are ghouls.
Meanwhile, I'm just thinking of how many people came to gawk at Ed Gein's house when it was considered okay to just traipse around crime scenes.

Having interests in dark things does not make a murderer.

P.S. The commercialization of death and the funeral industry is fascinating and infuriating.

I would expect drawings like that from a 14 or 15 year old but not a man his age. MOO.
Not forming any judgment against his personal taste in music or art or what it even means - but I simply find it interesting how much it contrasts with GP's light, bubbly, healthy, uplifting, positive influencer vibe she was trying to create.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88