Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Yes I agree

303gmf, SouthAussie, cuffem and 2 others like this.

2. rougeforces

rougeforces Well-Known Member

Except Brian nor his parents have offered any information publicly nor presumably to LE. All that we know so far about the flight home and back comes from the GP fam.

3. shelbycat

shelbycat Well-Known Member

Jerk Fried Chicken Y’all!!

<modsnip>
    AGAIN…..I corrected my mistake, please see post #360.

Meh. I’ll do the gauntlet. Whatever. THIS avid camper can handle it.:D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2021
    303gmf, Marg from Oz, EmmieA and 4 others like this.
  4. HogWild79

HogWild79 Member

He does seem a little obsessed with Fight Club and that doesn't seem to match the whole VanLife lifestyle. Living off the grid, living without material possessions. I think he is the type of guy to pull a Chris McCandless "Into the Wild" kind of thing. But maybe, Gabby was also into that kind of thing too deep down, which is perhaps why she hasn't been seen in three weeks. She could be on the Pacific Crest Trail, doing a Cheryl Strayed sort of thing.

5. Daae

Daae Well-Known Member

Actually it's only a 3 1/2 hour hike between the Jackson dam and Spread Creek dispersed camp sites. There is unaccounted for time between August 25th and August 29th which matches BL's story about hiking along the Snake River for 3 or 4 days. All these accounts make sense.

6. Colinj31

Colinj31 Active Member

i honestly believe there is no end in site for them. It’s just ever evolving. I also don’t buy any of this fleeing the country talk. How could he survive in another country alone at his age and with his means. I don’t have faith I could even accomplish that. Sounds scarier than living in jail.

7. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

Not everyone is speculating accident, only a few.With having the police called days before one disappears looks closer to some kind of assault not accident

8. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

There are photos and video of a white tent with orange trim that appeared to be the same tent in a YouTube video that Gabby posted on Aug. 19. There is also an image of a smiling couple next to a rock formation that appeared to be Petito, 22, and Laundrie, 23.

The location of the profile was Colorado Springs, Colo., and the tag line read “traveling in our tiny van.” The account was created in July, and appeared to be last updated on the 29th of that month. The couple did visit Colorado Springs on July 8, according to a timeline of their known travels complied by The Post.

Gabby and Brian V’ reviewed Utah’s Zion National Park on July 22, the last day they were known to be visiting the site.

“So beautiful here, Zion is just beautiful yes, but the tent sites here are really nice!” the couple wrote.

“Walk to the museum after dinner before it gets dark to refill on some cold fresh water and wait for the stars to come out!! So beautiful! And refreshing!! Great campsite! And clean bathrooms!”

[​IMG]
    Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie outlined road trip on camping site

9. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

where i live in the woods of Florida we see panthers here and there, but mostly they just want to eat my chickens..lol

10. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

OH!

Speculation: something happened to Gabby at Spreader Creek. He fled on foot (hitchhiking) up to Colter Bay where he would have changed his mind and decided to return to Spreader Creek. He caught a TikTok ride heading south to go back to get the van, but realized that Jackson was the wrong place and jumped ship at Jackson Lake Dam, which would have been a perfect place to get back on to catch 191 to 26 and back to Spread Creek.

This would be why they are doing a ground search i.e looking for a body at Spread Creek.

OR: like another poster suggested, bad things could have happened in Yosemite and he headed south.

upload_2021-9-18_19-34-47.png

11. sasha17

sasha17 Curiouser & curiouser

I'm looking at their Spotify account and the last activity I see says it was "18 days ago".

12. otto

otto Verified Expert

13. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

This is where I'm kind of stuck. What's the plan? You can't run and hide forever with just a backpack (that has a waist strap!).

I'm kinda of more inclined to believe that he's going back to GP to die "forever with her" kinda thing but my instinct says he doesn't have the cajones for that.

14. annpats

annpats Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't......but it can do.

Marg from Oz, dms, LietKynes and 3 others like this.
  15. SoBu

SoBu Well-Known Member

Have I missed word of any reward offered for info on Gabby’s whereabouts? Or is this a situation where that would not be helpful? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2021
  16. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Jackson is south of Colter Bay Village, Jackson Lake Dam, and Jenny Lake. North is Yellowstone Park.

17. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

I'm baffled for the need to empty the storage locker at all. The home wasn't being sold. They intended to return from their trip. It makes no sense to me. JMO

18. LvsAMystry

LvsAMystry Well-Known Member

my guess is the Spotify was last used on the ride to FL by BL

19. TexLil

TexLil Well-Known Member

MOO I think when everything started there wasn't really a plan. It was one quick (bad/panicked) decision after another and those have led to a very bad place and now there's no turning back the clock. I believe all three have now possibly committed crimes and things just continue to get worse. There is no end game left at this point. Possibly the parents' best case scenario is that their son is alive and they aren't in jail with him down the road. All MOO.

20. Mike in WNY

Mike in WNY Well-Known Member

Oh, I’m sure there’s a bit of “it just got personal” feeling at police headquarters when they found out he bolted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.