Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windsorite

Windsorite Well-Known Member

squareandrabbet likes this.

2. TotusTuus

TotusTuus Well-Known Member

Yep, there are nutritionist certifications. No sign that Gabby actually had any of them, though.

3. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Did it point you in the right direction?

4. Daae

Daae Well-Known Member

I really respect you Otto, but I disagree on this one. People should watch the 5 or 6 videos she has posted. Miranda said BL stated he left his "wife" (verified by Miranda's text to her mother) for several days, and hiked down the Snake River. Only Brian hiked away from the van.

5. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

I agree, and I would add that I don't see any romantic chemistry between these two.

Curious-A likes this.
  6. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

7. Cardinal47

Cardinal47 Well-Known Member

Yes I believe they would do that if the need was great.

silversurvivor likes this.
  8. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

There are roads. People camp in their vehicles.

9. HolographicOne

HolographicOne Well-Known Member

JaneEyre, kyrarose, Aimee2 and 2 others like this.
  10. LullabelleRosie

LullabelleRosie Well-Known Member

If the hitchhiking scenario is to be believed, I think he told them about Gabby bc a hitchhiker with a girlfriend or fiancée seems less dangerous than some random single dude- especially to a couple- they could relate with wanting to get back to their partner

11. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

Have you watched the videos? Sure, there are plenty of tips, but this one feels more reliable. The original point is that enough people found her persuasive enough that there was pressure for LE to take a look. There may be other worthwhile tips that haven't yet caught their attention.

Gabby and Brian were hikers and 10 miles would have been a long hike (but not unthinkable). But I don't see this as necessary to this possible scenario. Brian kills Gabby either at the campsite or on a trail somewhere, then he freaks out and heads north, thumbing his way - and then changes his mind and retrieves the van. If he killed her on hiking trail instead, it would have been even closer to retrieving the van. I've never seen hiking at all as necessary to this scenario except for when he fled after committing murder - and it's clear he was thumbing his way, not hiking.

12. otto

otto Verified Expert

I see this (see below) as the timeline. It's clear that Gabby disappears between late Aug 27 and Aug 29. Brian needed two days to drive home to Florida. We don't need tiktok to figure out when she disappeared or where she was last seen. That is widely available without tiktok.

Timeline of Gabrielle Petito’s disappearance

2 July, 2021: Gabrielle Petito and her fiance, Brian Laundrie, leave New York on a cross-country trip in a camper van.

5 July, 2021: The couple stops at Monument Rocks in Kansas.

26 July, 2021: two reviews added of places they stayed in Virginia and Florida.

29 July, 2021: she or somebody posted a review of BLM 378/Willow Springs Rd in Arches National Park

12 August, 2021: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm, GP and BL were at the Moonflower

12 August, 2021: afternoon, separated by PD. Video 2.

13 August, 2021: Brian's last post on IG of him alone

17 August, 2021: perhaps broke the engagement, Laundrie traveled to Florida by plane

19 August, 2021: video implying that they are at a campsite outside Capitol Reef National Park.

23 August, 2021: Laundrie returns to Utah

24 August, 2021: Ms Petito is last seen checking out of a Salt Lake City hotel with Mr Laundrie

25 August, 2021: Ms Petito’s mother, Nicole Schmidt, video chats with her daughter for the last time via phone. Ms Petito reveals she is in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.

27 Aug 27, 2021: Gabby tells friend via Snapchat they was heading for meet up at Yellowstone National Park and she will call on her birthday, August 29, to solidify the plan.

29 August, 2021: Missed birthday call with friend to discuss meet up plans at Yellowstone National Park.

30 August, 2021: Ms Schmidt receives a text purportedly from Ms Petito. Ms Smith says she is unsure if the text was actually from her daughter.

1 September, 2021: North Port Police Department said that Gabby's fiance, Brian Laundrie, returned home to Florida ten days before Petito was reported missing by her family.

11 September, 2021: Ms Petito’s parents report her missing.​

Partial timeline from:
    Boyfriend returned home 10 days before Gabby Petito was reported missing, police say

13. Cloudydiamond

Cloudydiamond Well-Known Member

What?

14. dtowndetective411

dtowndetective411 Well-Known Member

Maybe brian flew home on 8/17 for a funeral or something. Maybe it has nothing to do with storage (although no idea how GP’s mom got that idea, if not). But maybe it was for a very unrelated reason. Or maybe his dad needed help with a big manual project like a storage unit overhaul but that didn’t have to do with gabby. We just don’t know.

It does seem like he was home at that time, though. His sister also knew about him flying home, and started to say something about it during the interview (as in, she would’ve expected he would fly home again instead of drive, since he’d just done that) but stopped herself midway and said she shouldn’t say that because the police are working through it.

15. Beren

Beren Well-Known Member

I wonder what would have had to happen that a seemingly loving and mostly peaceful person who cares about plants and the environment to end up here in this situation today. I wonder what Brian is thinking now, especially when he thinks about where he was just a month ago.

I wish I could tell him it's not too late to come in. It'd be better for him.

16. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be ironic if the case is solved because "outdoor dude" can't readily determine N vs S?

17. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

I noticed it wasn't on the NPPD page.

18. Kdaiwes

Kdaiwes Member

I don’t necessarily think it was premeditated. I think he was in a panic trying to get back to the van to leave once he realized what he did or what happened. They could have just gone on a hike and got into an argument/went into a rage and he snapped.

303gmf, Curious-A, Seabunny and 3 others like this.
  19. Skigirl

Skigirl Verified expert in neuroscience

Plus, as he showed in his encounter with the police, he's just rather chatty when he's nervous. He was probably mentally rehearsing his story and this was a chance to voice it. And plus, he is starting to establish a set of witnesses who have heard that Gabby "stayed alone with the van" while was off hiking by himself. That set him up to "find Gabby missing" when he got back to the van.

20. OldProtozoan

OldProtozoan Well-Known Member

I was reading the timeline. This stood out to me. On the 30th, Gabby's mom, after having trouble getting a hold of Gabby, tried to contact Roberta, BL's mom, and Roberta did not answer. IMHO, the families had been in communication throughout this van-life thing, which would make Roberta's not returning calls a "clue". So, in my opinion, this isn't coincidence, this is because BL has communicated something to the parents in the 27th-30th timeframe. IMHO, this information prompted BL's parents to contact their attorney. So, in this fictionalized account of mine, the infuriating behavior of the parents has all been guided by legal counsel. I can further speculate that IF BL conveyed information of a criminal activity, then the family needs legal counsel, as accessory-after-the-fact charges may be at stake. Cornell Law School offers this definition. "An accessory-after-the-fact is someone who assists 1) someone who has committed a crime, 2) after the person has committed the crime, 3) with knowledge that the person committed the crime, and 4) with the intent to help the person avoid arrest or punishment. An accessory after the fact may be held liable for, among other things, obstruction of justice...the government has the burden of proof to show that the defendant assisted the principal offender after the crime." So, IMHO, the Laundries infuriating behavior is because they have been sucked into this by BL, and the Laundries, and all of us, have the right not to incriminate ourselves. We cannot be forced to give testimony against ourselves. IMHO, legal counsel may be guiding the Laundries behavior. It's not just BL anymore, and hasn't been since the August 27-30th timeframe. MOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.