Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is a really interesting angle. I can pretty easily imagine him already being in therapy, and trying to contact his therapist - cell phone - when he got into trouble. But confidentiality rules and law would prohibit the therapist from initiating contact with LE.

With one exception: if the victim of a crime revealed during therapy is a child, the therapist is a mandated reporter of the abuse. This was a big struggle when laws were made to require this reporting because the tradition and codes of the profession are pretty absolutist about confidentiality.

OMG, if people think it's weird for Gabby to have read about Zodiac Killer at age 22, they'd have been absolutely gobsmacked by the pile of serial killer books I read at that age. I think that was the peak age for my interest in serial killers, actually. And if I ever went missing and anyone ever looked at my current browser history, they'd see a lot of "clues" that would suggest I was researching how to stage my own disappearance, given my long history of interest in missing person cases.
LOL I always told my husband with all the Websleuth forums, true crime, and the stuff I look up because I don't know and want to learn about that alarms must be going off at the FBI, DEA, NSA, and any government institution that loves to track our data. I don't think they could ever pin my down to anything because I will literally read and search on anything.

“No one ever seems to help themselves by talking to the police,” said Gregg Lerman, attorney."

Pretty sad statement.
Keep in mind, he's a defense lawyer. IMO, over 99% of the time, his clients are guilty.

There's been some wrongful convictions to be sure, but nothing like the number of rightful convictions, or, IMO, innocent people who were POI but cleared, including boyfriends and spouses.

Cases today are much more about forensics: digital, biological, than a suspects words during an interview. And IMO, juries will be swayed by evidence that the accused didn't care about finding the victim.

Nothing for nothin, it was very specific, corroborated by texts that "someone" was in her car, and probably most importantly, it all fits. It fits with the mapping. It fits with the timeline. LE not corroborating this means nothing to me, personally. Because LE does not typically verify anything in an active investigation.

This is where we disagree. I think they have. Watch what they do, not what they [don't] say...

Since three people have stated that the FBI has released a statement that the tiktok tip is "probably," or "might be," helpful to the investigation, I look forward to seeing that link.

I think it has been addressed by NPPD:
North Port police told Fox News that they have indeed spoken with Baker.

"We have spoken with her and are potentially utilizing her info into our timeline," department spokesman Josh Taylor said in an email.

Full link to story below.

Gabby Petito: Police spoke to woman who claimed to see Laundrie days after Gabby last seen

Going off your post, but question to any poster:

I haven’t had time to look at the maps, but how far is this from spread creek mileage wise?

Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

This is just speculation on my part, but I think she posted those Tiktoks because LE, after interviewing her, told her it might be helpful. She emphasizes over and over that if anyone watching was in the same area during the same time, they should rack their memories and go back over their photos. She also says that LE is aware that she posted the Tiktoks and they're okay with it.
This actually makes a lot of sense. There are thousands of people who go through the national parks every day and people might not have noticed something amiss until they saw those TikToks. As much as that app irritates me, its algorithm has been really good for getting information out about this case as well as raising its profile and getting more people involved in the search for Gabby.

Really? Have you seen their house? Real estate is the best investment for your money. I'd think if they had it it would be reflected in not only investment properties but first and foremost, the home they reside in.

Not necessarily. A lot of rich or semi-rich people have gotten that way by being very careful with their money and living well within their means, including the kind of house they buy.

That said, check the average prices of a house in this neighborhood on Zillow. These aren't poor people, they just live in an expensive area. It might not look like much, but that's probably a $350-400,00k house in that location and this market.

So, BL arrives home on 9/1.
GP's mom has been trying to reach BL's parents and GP to no avail.
BL's mom doesn't respond at all. Hmmm. strange, she must have a reason she's avoiding GP's mom, GP had lived there for a year.
BL is home for 10 days before GP is reported missing.
Tuesday the car is not visible (Mustang) at the NP residence.
Wednesday morning it is in the NP home's driveway.
Brian Entin reported the parents left and would not speak to him.
Then they wait until Friday to enlist help or reach out to authorities?
They went and retrieved his car because they were concerned, then waiting 3 more days to report him missing?

All kinds of red flags.

Does anyone have more clarity on the silver mustang and how it got to and from the park?
Has there been ANYONE aside from BL;'s parents that have confirmed they saw him in Florida?

Last edited:
Really? Have you seen their house? Real estate is the best investment for your money. I'd think if they had it it would be reflected in not only investment properties but first and foremost, the home they reside in.

I think that's a false equivalence.

People say, after all, that the overwhelming majority of "millionaires", you'd never know it to look at them - some guy even wrote a book called "The Millionaire Next Door" about the habits of frugal people.

Not everyone feels the need to advertise their net worth with a sprawling showplace like Cardi B, KWIM? ;P

She was going to be in touch with her friend Rose on the 29th, her birthday, to plan to meet at Yellowstone later on.
I'm leaning to something having happened either the 28th, or 29th before she had a chance to contact Rose.....though anytime after the FaceTime with her mom on the 25th is possible too.
I think she was gone by the 29th.

The tarp bothers me. I highly doubt he’d been out camping for days as he told the couple who picked him up. They noted he was clean. The tarp was for another purpose I think.
What if we got this backwards, if he used the tarp nefariously why not leave it with her instead of carrying potential evidence around while hitchhiking? Or, maybe instead of leaving GP’s body and then hitchhiking back to the van he went to the van to retrieve it and he’s hitchhiking back to GP’s location to use it. Maybe he needed it to move her, maybe she was just injured and needed to move her. Maybe even he couldn’t find his way back to her. Maybe he made his way back but she had died. Why not call the police then? Maybe because he was terrified of the police, Afraid of the repercussions. Just throwing this out there. Maybe he wasn’t in the right state of mind as described by GP’s friend R and wasn’t making good decisions, or was confused…

It was in a news story that was posted here, but I'm not sure which one it was.
I think LE feels the TicTock story is credible enough if they are shutting down the campground.
Same with the Elk Hunters spotting the van in the campground, but I find it odd they were hunting Elk on the 29th when Elk season didn't start til Sept 1st.

Interesting point I am hung up on, too. Who saw Brian in Florida at all in September? Yes, we have claims -- but we don't know if it is because he was actually seen in Florida (perhaps at the van traffic stop, but again, I cannot verify this) or because his parents said he was home and "not available." The sister who came out on TV also said she had not spoken to Brian since this incident happened. She did not elaborate. Is it possible she did not speak to him because he was "off the grid" then?
We did assume a lot, but apparently his parents are "less than truthful". So, the question would be - did his attorney ever state that BL was in FL? I don't think so. We need credible information from someone credible. It's just so hard to believe he snuck out of that house this week. The car at the swamp story, the storage move story, nothing makes sense.

Would they leave all that crammed stuff in the van and hike miles into the forest for wild camping? Seems to me both of them were hyper insecure about being very far from the van in case the other had control of the van.

Possibly but your point is very valid. I sensed that in the bodycam footage as well. They seemed to have little to no mutual trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member