WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

Here’s video of the NPPD spokesperson answering about the TikTok tipster. At 8:08

https://twitter.com/thenewsoncnbc/status/1439018696853401602?s=21

2. jtfolden

jtfolden Well-Known Member

But you don’t need internet until you’re ready to publish, right? You can record video, make graphics, write text/captions and upload it all later.

3. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

I think he had a change of clothes and the clothes he was wearing during the "act" he ditched. That is why his clothes were clean (and his backpack "light"). MOO

4. shelbycat

shelbycat Well-Known Member

What if he packed a change of clothes after whatever happened with GP and before hitching the ride? MB did mention how his backpack wasn’t that full…

but…then again…we have no clue what type of pack he was carrying. Was it a small pack or a big one?

I’ve got tons of backpacks. Some I’ve used to travel for 6 months overseas and some I use for day trips. Sometimes, my extended trip pack can look full with just a week’s worth of clothes and a sleeping bag but then also my day trip pack can look pretty sparse with a day or two worth of supplies.

5. WillieMac

WillieMac Chief Procrastinator Extraordinaire

This comment touches on something I've been trying to recall lately: Do we know if anyone other than family can verify that BL has been in FL since 9/1? I feel like some sort of interaction between he & someone has been mentioned at some point thru these threads but I can't recall for sure & the number of posts & pages & threads here has become overwhelming for me. Can anyone help me out with this?

6. MysteryMama

MysteryMama Well-Known Member

There is a "General Store" right next to the showers that looks like from the pictures it could very well sell tarps.

What if after he did something to her, got to the showers to clean up then got the tarp at the General Store to take back for disposal?

lightlady, wnk, girlhasnoname and 9 others like this.
  7. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

I know. It's just that hiding a body is really hard. And so much more so in such a popular outdoorsy spot.

Do you have an argument at the edge of a cliff, or standing in deep water?

Or do you spontaneously walk far, far into an unscenic forest that no one else wants to go to?

It starts to feel like premeditation, though that makes no sense.

8. shelbycat

shelbycat Well-Known Member

I like your confidence :cool:

Truthful Lies and Marg from Oz like this.
  9. Harvath

Harvath Well-Known Member

I just wanted to add….I grew up in suburbia(east coast) and have traveled all over quite a bit(granted never to Colorado or Utah). BUT….I’ve spent many of nights deep in the woods with friends around a big campfire. It’s a glamorous and fun experience. The stars(depending on how far you are from the city are beautiful etc). You really feel relaxed, at peace and more in tune with the world and those few that are with you in that moment.

Having said that….toward the west coast….Rocky Mountains to the national parks of Colorado and Utah etc. That’s a lot of vast unwelcoming terrain to those that don’t know it, understand it and respect it. My friends and I grew up “camping”…more so staying up all night around a fire deep in the woods of suburbia. What Gabby and BL were doing at least from my POV was taking that mindset and applying it to a very vast and unwelcoming terrain. I agree, I think/MOO they were vastly out of their element and skill set. Too young to realize it or how to handle it when they finally did. I can certainly see the friction between the two regardless of relationship issues….just dealing with day to day issues trying to survive and the arguments that followed had to be extremely hard. Including talks of If either was even cut out for it. If she denied it or thought he wasn’t believing in her etc. It could make an already really rough situation….hit a boiling point between the two. Neither seeing the reality in front of them….just running on emotions and the fantasy of living a dream.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  10. vanlifelady

vanlifelady Well-Known Member

Unless he bought a new backpack, his backpack would look like whatever it has in any videos or photos it might be in on Instagram. They would have only had room for one backpack per person.

11. cantstop

cantstop Active Member

She could have definitely been working on it. I did RV life for a year and I'm also a blogger and YouTuber (not about RV life). WiFi is hard to get when you're traveling, but there are TONS of things you can do without WiFi like write posts, graphics, edit videos, etc. It's not as easy, but you just do what you can and save the most important tasks to get done with WiFi for when you can get it (like uploading everything).

thistle, 303gmf, Jealoushe and 13 others like this.
  12. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

I forget how to reply to a post in a closed thread. can someone help please?

13. grammieto5

grammieto5 Well-Known Member

"Faith on the edge" nine days, he can't move his legs. I think I may have lost my faith, but he didn't. I'm glad he had Andy. Thank you for telling me about Mike Turner.

14. ninvestigate

ninvestigate Well-Known Member

I don't know, it seems like he's had trouble telling north from south...

303gmf, Marg from Oz, otto and 2 others like this.
  15. Hyway

Hyway On Time Out

Or dropped into a crevice

16. Kano

Kano Well-Known Member

i'm no youtuber but i am a fan of a lot of these types of channels. It seems most of their editing, writing etc done away from wifi and then they will have a day they have connection and upload their weeks worth of work or that weeks video content

I'm not saying he was telling the truth or that is what was really happening. Just that's the process i know from people that do this youtube van camp life

17. jtfolden

jtfolden Well-Known Member

That’s possibly true, too. However, if he was leaving her in a huff would he have packed much? Also, he could have started out with more (food, water) and had depleted that by the time he was trying to get back. We don’t really know how empty that pack was…

18. feralwriter

feralwriter Pls. read THE GIFT OF FEAR. Trust your gut always.

Good point. He could have just packed them right after. I'm trying to recall MB's wording. I think she said he had on jeans & a long sleeved shirt. Now whether his old clothes had evidence, blood, etc. on them, & where he put those, who knows. Plus his hiking boots MB said he had on. Maybe scruffed up, but maybe also easy to clean. I was under the impression he did not have a very large pack on him.

19. Soulmagent

Soulmagent Well-Known Member

I cant believe people are out there in nowhere picking people up and hitching rides. Is there a time warp they drive though to get to these awful decisions?

SuperTmo, Vegasgrl, CalmSeas and 15 others like this.
  20. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

I don’t believe it either and I doubt he had a tarp.

I am thinking they planned an early morning hike up the Snake River. Somewhere along the way, he either ditches her or kills her, he continues up the Snake River to the showers, and hitchhikes back to the van.

Sunny123, 303gmf, MsBetsy and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.