Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

If the FBI can't get you a cadaver dog then what the heck use are they?

2. jtfolden

jtfolden Well-Known Member

People living this lifestyle, usually have ways to deal with charging/power concerns. Also, even if he wasn’t near the van - we have no idea how close she was to it.

BeachSky, Marg from Oz and cuffem like this.
  3. vanlifelady

vanlifelady Well-Known Member

We manage on a Yeti 200 with a solar panel. They could have made it work with a similar setup.

gliving, SuziQ, CalmSeas and 10 others like this.
  4. Elana619

Elana619 Active Member

I’ve hitched rides in the backcountry before. Usually just people passing through pick you up.

5. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

Websleuths used to have some Search and Rescue members, I hope they join the thread soon.

6. shelbycat

shelbycat Well-Known Member

I think it’s been posted here before that they did have some solar power set up in the van.

7. ABCDiana

ABCDiana Active Member

This is possible, but I don't know why they'd be hiking up the Snake. It's not exactly easy hiking, with creeks and cobbles and marshy bits and vegetation bound to get in your way. And if they're trying to be influencers, there's so many more scenic, iconic glacial lakes and mountain views that would make for better photos and easier hiking.

8. feralwriter

feralwriter Pls. read THE GIFT OF FEAR. Trust your gut always.

"Still hidden" - do you mean something could have changed in the interim? I'm trying to think of what outside force in the area could have altered her.... maybe animal scavengers. Or maybe some part of him wasn't really sure she was dead.

9. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

I think it's not uncommon in those crowds. It's a cool, mellow, laid-back, nothing bothers you attitude. And if you have a Jeep (also cool) with a cab and an open back, it wouldn't be as dangerous as a completely-enclosed car.

[​IMG]

10. Kano

Kano Well-Known Member

they would need a jackery or something like it with a folding panel since they didn't have one on their van. Just fine for lap tops, cell phones etc. Going to need some real solar or generator for cooking, climate control, ice box and things like that. They clearly not that far into the van life.

People should look up van builds on youtube just for kicks if they get bored. Some neat little things going on

303gmf, Rhapfan, painterlady and 6 others like this.
  11. ninvestigate

ninvestigate Well-Known Member

Kind of reminds me of the Phoenix police officer who was hiking with Angela Tremonte (without water, just a few weeks ago, very very hot). She was later found dead (waiting on autopsy results personally) -- and he continued the hike to later take an Uber (???) back to the vehicle after he claims he became lost. Contradictory stories also came out whether he'd hiked this route before (incl. a claim the fire department later rescinded about how he hiked the trail all the time). The Uber ride seemed like such a weird thing to do (just turn around and hike exactly back? There was a bachelor party all on vacation that managed back just fine and saw you several times...) So, IMO, a quick ride with strangers COULD be a decent attempt at an alibi all things considered.

12. thebedbug

thebedbug Well-Known Member

Just an FYI - the TikTok videos are linked on the first page of this thread (and presumably will be in future threads). They aren't long. A lot of the questions about them can be answered by watching them.

13. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

:D

Seriously, though - manpower, helicopters, superior technology, etc.

14. GoldfishMango

GoldfishMango Well-Known Member

I don’t think he had to hide her body at all. If you recall the post GP made about climbing out on a dangerous ledge behind the famous arch in Moab they took risks. IMO they were hiking and did something beyond their skill level. Either he pushed her off a mountain ridge during an argument or she fell.

If she fell he panicked because of the prior LE encounter and feared being blamed or at the least being held accountable by her family for endangering her by doing something stupid ( see above r/t The Arches).

If he pushed her/she fell he panicked and fled the scene frightened and possibly got lost. I’ll be generous here, maybe even looking for help. Walking alone in the wilderness his mind started plotting a way out of this and he did what was normal to his character. He decided to run. I think the rest, hitchhiking, showering etc is just noise.

He got back to the van and headed home. I do believe he called his parents on that trip and they helped him devise a plan to escape. Someone met him between WY and FL and drove that van back. BL is hiding but will be found eventually. Gabby may or may not be located.

15. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

I'm not saying he was rational. In fact, I am suspecting the opposite. He killed her in a rage of passion and the rationality didn't return until after he had dumped the body down a crevice/cliff like a child hiding food under his napkin.

16. shelbycat

shelbycat Well-Known Member

didn’t say I agreed with it.
    IKR?!

Marg from Oz, LAhiker and JayWill like this.
  17. JayWill

JayWill Well-Known Member

@PommyMommy said to go to the post number, click on it and select copy all. I hope that I have that right.

18. MysteryMama

MysteryMama Well-Known Member

One of their (I think his) early instagrams showed a solar panel, I'm assuming they had that and an inverter for charging.

19. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

I don't see any evidence that he was ever in the wilderness at all - other than his story to Miranda TikTok - it it was full of other lies.

303gmf, CalmSeas, BeachSky and 7 others like this.
  20. RyanCV

RyanCV Member

It looks like they have a couple battery banks per 7:22 video here. At least a 24owh Jackery per here

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.