Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

Constructing an alibi is why I believe he told them specifically that he had been hiking/camping for four days and she stayed back with the van. It put him in one place for four days during which anything could have happened to her while he was gone. He wanted to get that on the record.

2. Kano

Kano Well-Known Member

that's a jackery or a generic one. Right color pattern

3. Harvath

Harvath Well-Known Member

They were just in the press for completely failing the 100’s of girls Molested by the US Olympic Gymnastics DR. Having high faith/expectations in the FBI isn’t recommended. MOO of course.

303gmf, CalmSeas, Quill and 7 others like this.
  4. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

They are Istagrammers. They go where the best shots are. The more risky/secluded the better for views.

303gmf, gliving, CalmSeas and 5 others like this.
  5. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

Oh! They HAD a jackery, just like mine! I saw it in their video. That might be enough with their solar panels.

Anybody know how much sun the area got between the 25th and the 29th?

(I have a Prius wagon - built-in bed, freezer, Artic cooler, micro-oven, pull-out desk that converts to a dog bed at night, and room for the more than 100 books I took on my last road trip - pre-pandemic. Next time, it will just be Kindle.)

SuziQ, CalmSeas, Vegasgrl and 17 others like this.
  6. LAhiker

LAhiker Well-Known Member

Here's how I understand it: Let's say you hit "reply" to a post and type in the box below all the posts. Then you hit "post reply." Your post is posted, though it may take a while, so you may think the post wasn't posted and hit "post reply" again.

But let's say you hit "post reply" only once. In addition to being posted, your last post lives on in the reply box. (Sometime I've hit reply twice because I've seen the post in its draft form in the reply box. But again, let's say you hit post reply only once.)

Now you're ready to reply to a second post. You hit "reply" and compose your response. But you forget to delete your previous post that is still in the reply box. When you post your reply to the second post, voilà! your reply to the first post will be posted along with it. o_O

JMO

Marg from Oz and curious mouse like this.
  7. CocoTutu

CocoTutu Well-Known Member

OR if this was his attempt at an alibi cover story, maybe he bought a tarp for another purpose, and having told people he was using it to camp was part of that alibi.

8. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

and make it memorable with this $200 offer.

303gmf, CalmSeas, Marmlet and 18 others like this.
  9. shelbycat

shelbycat Well-Known Member

I hear ya but truly, there aren’t that many “cadaver dogs” out there.

10. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

Oh, trust me, they get no passes from me for their failure to protect those girls. None whatsoever.

11. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

I hiked a 1000 miles of the Appalachian Trail. Its pretty easy to get a ride. People pick up hikers all the time.

12. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

I do it this way:
    Click the post number. Box opens. Click the html tab. Select all. Copy. Paste.

13. bambibones

Actually, I think they are the sort for wide-open beaches - and the fronts of restaurants.

14. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

If you are basing that on the Moab DV stop, I think you misunderstood. I don't think she had a problem keeping hers charged, but I don't think he cared if his was charged at all.

15. bambibones

Actually, I think they are the sort for wide-open beaches - and the fronts of restaurants.

16. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Brian told the TikTokers he was hiking along the Snake River.

17. bambibones

But who believes Brian?

18. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

Well we know one thing for certain: the North Port police cannot verify that he was. And, that is on them.

303gmf, Quill, painterlady and 16 others like this.
  19. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

That trip back to Florida for a week bothers me. MOO

303gmf, Vegasgrl, Quill and 22 others like this.
  20. bambi_sue

bambi_sue Active Member

Longtime member here, but I’ve been away a long time, this case has hit close to home, though, so I’m trying to keep up on the threads.

I lived in Jackson until last year, another family forced out by the housing crisis the valley is gripped in. I want to provide a little context. Because of the housing crisis, many local workers actually live in their cars or vans, and these dispersed camping sites fill up with them as well as tourists. That’s good news, I think - someone local may have been camping in the area they’re focusing their search and have good info. Additionally, I’ve seen mentions of the sighting in Victor, ID, in that it seems an outlier. Victor is just over Teton Pass, a 40 minute drive from Jackson. It’s within the commuter area, and many people drive the pass every day to and from work (see: housing crisis). It’s a popular tourist day drive, and if they were considering going to Yellowstone, heading up through Ashton/Island Park/West Yellowstone from Victor would be a logical choice.

There are not as many dispersed camping sites available in Yellowstone, which may be why they didn’t go there, IMO. It can be impossible to find a place to camp in Yellowstone if you haven’t planned months in advance.

End of August, Grand Teton is just packed with tourists. Everything I’ve seen, even the dubious “hiking along the Snake River” is front country, they’re weren’t in the depths of the wilderness with that van. Every turn out, every point of interest, every road, every camp is packed with people in August. That doesn’t mean something bad couldn’t have happened to GP there, but it does mean I doubt BL was carrying GP bodily anywhere long distance.

Lastly, my husband and two kids and I rented a camper can for a two week road trip this summer and although we’ve been together 20 years and we’re both mild mannered well off adults, the stress of #VanLife was a lot! Finding a space that felt safe, going days without showers, the cramped spaces, the constant balance of labor, the feeling of never being able to escape the van was very real. Now, we had two kids driving us bananas too, but I can see how it could stress a young relationship and not be the idyllic life they thought they would be living.

thistle, Quiche, HLG_ and 70 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.