Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

It's very hard to tell but is critical to know that to know where they travelled from there.

They were either on Forest Rd 30290 or Forest Rd 30310
    near here:
    Google Maps

2. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

This is where the elk spotters also saw the van:

KSL’s Garna Mejia actually ran into a local man who said he and a friend saw Petito’s van as they were spotting for elk on Aug. 29.

“He thought he had seen the white sprinter van described — blacked out rims, wheels,” said Tyler Valentine. “We all live in this small town, so when this stuff happens, we all take a little bit of initiative and try to look out for things.”

What’s interesting about Spread Creek is that Petito had marked the place as a possible camping area through the Dyrt website, something Valentine and his friend were unaware of when we spoke with them.

Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

Sunny123, Laughing, gliving and 28 others like this.
  3. scandinavian girl

scandinavian girl Well-Known Member

I am in Sweden the time is 4pm here and I have been waiting for the thread to open AND finally the vid is here, have been watching it for hours. Is there anyone with great software who can see what is in the field on left side around 1.46 close to the van.

4. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

5. KAE

KAE Well-Known Member

If you watch the video there appears to be a pair of sandals on the ground behind the van.

jash, La Louve, Laughing and 22 others like this.
  6. Newton

Newton Active Member

I don't think he has had a clear thought out plan so it maybe something he threw into the mix just in case he could use it to his advantage later.
    IMO his behavior on the police body cam was erratic. It seemed like he was going over the top to suck up to the officers but would also throw in some salty comments.
    Examples: When he made a little production about sitting when the officer asked him.
    Talking about how they were going to get water and then being overly emphatic about not wanting a bottle of water from the officer.
    When he called Gabby crazy in between trying to minimize the situation and trying to come off as a sympathetic fiance.

7. proctorelites

proctorelites Well-Known Member

Imo, From the bodycam footage or somewhere, I have gotten the impression that he was going to take the van amd leave her, she knew it, and was scared he would do it. Why have a I gotten that impression? Did anybody else see that on msm, or the bodycam footage, or is this something I pulled out of left field??
    What kind of person leaves someone behind on a roadtrip?? Idc if I was being mistreated.

8. scandinavian girl

scandinavian girl Well-Known Member

and a hat on the dashboard, like a sunhat sombrero

9. Cloudydiamond

Cloudydiamond Awaiting Justice for Jennifer

I get that idea too. Maybe lots of pressure at home? I still think the parents at least should have answered the texts from GP family instead of going radio silent, saying he won't talk and we don't know anything, because he won't tell us. But I don't think that's true. I'm positive he said something that flipped them all out. Maybe not actually what happened to her, but something that indicated this was not going to end well. I imagine they will have to put their house up for sale soon.

10. NCHydrangea

NCHydrangea Well-Known Member

BBM

Hopefully, we will hear something from MSM or FBI concerning this exact thing in this exact time frame. I think LE is getting things narrowed down and I pray they can find Gabby soon.

Whew! There it is! Hopefully MSM will link the video. It’s the van.....stickers, without the stickers we were sleuthing earlier.

11. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

Agreed. I get emotions are high but the parents should really tread lightly with the attacks on Brian and his family in my opinion. Right now court of public opinion has already declared him guilty and his parents accessories. It reminds me of Lauren Spierer’s parents who were publicly relentless when it came to the boys who’d last seen their daughter before she went missing ans unlike Brian they had spoken to LE at first. But the public attacks didn’t bode well for them cooperating after as they all lawyered up and went quiet. For example, the family of Laci Peterson was very careful to not publicly condemn Scott Peterson until they had a clear reason and motive to do so (when it came out that he had a girlfriend). Don’t get me wrong, I am not attacking the parents for wanting answers from Brian or the family. It is beyond terrible for them to not have been forthcoming. I’m simply saying sometimes these families need to play ball in a way when it comes to the press and withhold putting pressure on who they suspect may be involved. At least until they have something more concrete to pin to them. It sucks but it’s proven to be effective unfortunately.

Laughing, Rush4087, LAhiker and 9 others like this.
  12. Dawookie

Dawookie Well-Known Member

It looks like a person digging. IMO

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2021
  13. Alias Gray

Alias Gray Well-Known Member

And a book

14. Herat

Herat Way out West

EXCELLENT !

This van with Florida plates was spotted by the couple in the motorhome at Spread Creek Campground on Aug 27 .

So IMHO it was most likely there from at least Aug 27 to Aug 29 when BL was picked up hitchiking back to this area from Coulter Bay.

The video doesn't mention how long it was there after this sighting. I didn't hear her mention when the motorhome left the campground.

I sure hope there are CCTV cameras in Coulter Bay that would have retained footage from 3 weeks ago.

15. Kano

Kano Well-Known Member

didn't see anything.. Looked like a hat on the front dash of the van.

16. MysteryMama

MysteryMama Well-Known Member

That looks just like the van. Stickers, hat on the hood, there are sandals below the ladder if you look really closely. Black rims. This has to be their van.

17. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

That's brilliant and generous of you.
    Thank you very much.

18. Shane00

Shane00 Well-Known Member

19. Hap

Hap Wisher & Dreamer

What if BL did not go to the gator park, but is in fact on his way to GTNP...? Either to do his own searching for a left behind Gabby, or to hide evidence.

Are there other family vehicles he could have taken? Could he fly or travel under the radar without LE being aware?

20. Waddles

Waddles Well-Known Member

Hmm I really don’t see that. Someone said this on Twitter but I don’t see

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.