Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayWill

JayWill Well-Known Member

Yes, a friend of my daughters did that too.

2. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Someone mentioned Moran in the last thread. The video in the tweet below shows a sign that reads Moran Vista Camping Area.

Andrew Buncombe on Twitter (Video)
    This is the campsite in Grand Teton scoured by FBI and park rangers in search for #GabbyPetito

Andrew Buncombe on Twitter
    These are the showers at Colter Bay Village in Grand Teton, where TikTok witness Miranda Baker says she and boyfriend picked up Brian Laundrie, hitchhiking by himself on Aug 29 #GabbyPetito
    [​IMG]

3. TotusTuus

TotusTuus Well-Known Member

Here's how I've done it: in fair , warm weather, you spread the tarp out on the ground to protect from damp and sleep on top of it in a bivvy sack or sleeping bag. In colder or foul weather, you use the tarp to make a shelter by casting it over tree branches and anchoring it to the ground. And yes, you could also use it as a blanket, or tie it to a tree. :) The tarp is a basic survival piece. What's weird is that he insisted to MB that he had only the tarp, not a bivvy sack or sleeping bag. That was one of the unbelievable statements that made her suspicious. No one with any of the knowledge he claimed would go out equipped (or rather unequipped) like that.

303gmf, silversurvivor, 000 and 18 others like this.
  4. builder

builder Well-Known Member

This is a great discussion about GP. I am glad there is some focus on her now. There are many possiblities regarding where he was camping in relation to he Jackson Dam and how far it was to the camp spot where the van was parked. I am glad they seem to looking in the right area. I pray they find her.

5. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

Agreed. You don't do tarp camping without a sleeping bag. And he didn't have one.

6. otto

otto Verified Expert

I curious about giving credibility to a tiktok crime tipster. Police have said "her story" "might be credible." The FBI are conducting the investigation. Perhaps the FBI told police that police can report that "her story" might be credible. I bet they tell that to all the tipsters - their story "might be credible" and they'll be in touch.

7. ninvestigate

ninvestigate Well-Known Member

Plus we know they have a tent -- it was in their videos and photos -- so where was it?

8. doyoulovemepfg

doyoulovemepfg Verified Insider - Faith Threet case

lol, so he was trying to convince her that he was a primitive camper? that's a little sus.

9. Elhe

Elhe Well-Known Member

I see a lot of people on Instagram calling themselves nutritionists. Mostly from those who tried to segue their pyramid scheme into lifestyle coaching by using the “nutritionist” title but including things such as life coaching, motivation, and gym/exercise training. They don’t have any education to speak of though.

10. Cedar Sherwood

Cedar Sherwood Former Member

The FBI is responsible for closing the Spread Creek area earlier tonight in a search for Gabby. Several agencies are involved. This suggests a significant reason for doing this.

And then there's the huge manhunt for Brian.

Why would the police organize a search for him? He's a person of interest who probably wasn't under an advisory to stay at his parents' home and not leave town. His attorney made it clear Brian is exercising his right to remain silent.

Does a search like this require a judge's approval? What's the purpose? He hasn't been named a suspect. Would they conduct a search out of concern for his personal safety?

It sounds like Brian leaving his parents' home enabled the police to obtain a warrant to collect some of Brian's personal belongings for the search dogs. But why?

I'm now wondering if Brian's departure coincides with something he learned was about to happen. I am heartbroken for Gabby and Brian.

11. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

I would like to know where their tent is?

12. ninvestigate

ninvestigate Well-Known Member

At this point, you might as well just bring your TENT. Also haven't seen evidence of trekking poles with these two, but not ruling it out, MOO.

13. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Gabby Petito: FBI and Park Rangers search campsite believed used by missing YouTuber
    [...]

A team of FBI agents and park rangers have carried out a major search of a wild campsite believed to have been used by missing YouYuber Gabby Petito.

Several dozen officers from the FBI, the US Forest Service, Teton County Sheriff’s office and other agencies, spent hours on Saturday searching for clues at the site at Spread Creek Road, about 20 miles north of Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

[...]

Officials have said very little about the search or what they may have found. The National Park Service said the operation was being led by the Denver office of the FBI. That office did not immediately respond to inquiries.

Yet, it appears the area, a so-called dispersal camping site which has no facilities appears to be considered for several reasons.

It is just a few miles from Jenny Lake, where a member of the public claims to have seen the white 2012 Ford Transit van that Ms Petito and her boyfriend were using for their cross-country trip, on 25 August.

It is possible that the couple may have stayed at the site. It has been widely reported that Ms Petito did tag numerous a number of potential campsites on an app called The Dyrt, among them this one.

It is also less than ten miles from where another visitor to the national park, Amanda Baker, said she and her boyfriend, gave a lift to Mr Laurie, who was hitch-hiking by himself on August 29.

[...]

14. gliving

gliving Woof

The friend's birthday was Aug 29 and Gabby didn't call her. So that's why she worried. They were going to meet up at a later date.

Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom

According to reports, Gabby also told a friend on August 27 on Snapchat that she was heading for Yellowstone National Park.

Gabby's friend told The Sun they were yet to pinpoint a date to meet at Yellowstone, but she was meant to call her on her birthday, August 29, to make concrete plans.

She never heard from her again.

15. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

If the report of the 2 elk hunters checked out he likely left it in Spread Creek

16. ami.too

ami.too New Member

So for real question …. Does it strike anyone else as odd that the FBI was immediately on this case?

17. Gobstopper

Gobstopper Well-Known Member

Her mom doest think the text received on the 27th was from her daughter.

18. Coquette

Coquette Observer

I understand. He was clearly a huge part of her life. It makes this all so much harder, IMO. And I appreciate your response very much.

Marg from Oz and Elhe like this.
  19. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

There are showers at Colter Bay. It’s possible he had cleaned up.

20. doyoulovemepfg

doyoulovemepfg Verified Insider - Faith Threet case

Do we know if the snapchat was a text or a photo snap? That would be really telling as to whether or not it was Gabby.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.