Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

At this point, I don't care about BL, my thoughts are with Gabby and the searchers at the campsite and Snake River. Godspeed.

Estelle, Marg from Oz, SuziQ and 13 others like this.

2. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

3. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

*Nancy Grace speaking

4. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

MOO I am pretty sure that isn't a field. I am not familiar with the area, but it looks like the creek to me and the spot where the dark spot is the raised bank on the other side.

5. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

The case is a social media obsession. On TikTok, the hashtag #gabbypetito has gained more than 275 million views, and many creators are sharing updates – often of unconfirmed reports, screenshots of texts from amateur sleuths about their theories and their own feelings about the case.

Some of the creators more actively posting about the case have changed their bio to: "Let's help find Gabby Petito." Subsequent hashtags include #findgabbypeitito and #gabbypetitoupdate have drawn more than 30 million views and 22 million views respectively. The #brianlaundrie hashtag has more than 100 million views.

"He approached us asking us for a ride because he needed to go to Jackson (Wyoming)," she said. "We were going to Jackson that night so I said 'hop in,' and he hopped into the back of my jeep."

On Instagram, the top account when searching Gabby Petito's name is @gabby.petito, which started posting three days ago, and is "a community dedicated" to Gabby.

Twitter is also being used to spread information and updates about the Gabby Petito case, and some users even posting memes about how they're attempting to solve the case.

<modsnip>
    Gabby Petito mystery prompts searches by police, social media sleuths

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2021
  6. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Can anyone fill me in on what happened, if anything, from midnight EST til now?

7. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

There are clearly two plenty of YouTube video of both shoes circled in red and also a book or something.

Marg from Oz and PixieStix like this.
  8. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

LOL didn’t she just have one YouTube video? Influencer? She aspired to have a YouTube following but I always wonder why they keep calling her a YouTube as if she is well known or something.

9. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Thank you! I’ve been updating her media thread and it seems to be all about the search for BL- glad to post the update on the search for our missing girl Gabby

10. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

I hate to say it but if you’re innocent and have nothing to worry about not talking makes sense too. The optics of that approach are obviously not good as the person staying quiet comes across as cold and selfish but it makes sense nonetheless.

11. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

It looks like a place you would park if your vehicle broke down or for a short amount of time but not a place to camp or for an extended period.

12. HolographicOne

HolographicOne Well-Known Member

Just to the left (north) is the creek.

Attached Files:

13. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

That fits as I think she was gone by the 29th. Jmo

14. Herat

Herat Way out West

It looks like its where Spread Creek gets it's name for. There is one main channel, on the north side and the south side closer to the van is just a wide wash of rock and gravel that occasionally contains water when the creek is fuller, such as in spring or after a major rain.

15. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

If it was a crime to be a hypocrite we'd have more prisons than schools.

16. LullabelleRosie

LullabelleRosie Well-Known Member

We have a camper, my husband hates stickers that people put on theirs- maybe bc of her “self-proclaimed neatness/ocd” she didn’t want them on there but Brian did to showcase all the places he’s been, look like a much more experienced camper. Maybe he took the van because he felt it was his, and putting the sticker on it on the way home was his way of further claiming it to be his. They frequently fought over the keys to the van. I think who “owned” the van may have been a hit button issue for them.

17. Thinker22

Thinker22 Well-Known Member

The youtube vid of the van has a discrepancy in the narrative. Woman says it is August 27th. Man says it's Saturday evening. Aug 27th is a Friday on my calendar.

Marg from Oz, d4j, PixieStix and 4 others like this.
  18. TheTruthWillOut

TheTruthWillOut Well-Known Member

I searched the specs for this model year and it seems all models had A/C. Whether it was in good working order would be another matter. What you thinking?

Marg from Oz and PixieStix like this.
  19. Herat

Herat Way out West

Yes. I think this means the van is there for at least the days/nights of 8/27 through 8/29.

It also, IHMO, eliminates the possibility of the bar sightings in Afton or West Yellowstone, or camping at Grassy Lake or visiting Yellowstone.

Marg from Oz, Kudzu, Seabunny and 6 others like this.
  20. docgoogle

docgoogle Active Member

Agree 100%. Whatever happened, I don't think it happened in the van; more likely it happened on a hike. And I don't think she was transported in the van afterward or they would have found something and issued an arrest warrant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.