Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I didn't much care for that statement on his part either.

I mean, anyone knows that you have to throw your heart over the fence, as the equestrians say, if you have any hope of making it as an influencer, etc.

You can set a timeline with goals and say "If X hasn't happened by Y date, I will take such-and-such action and/or consider throwing in the towel", and indeed should; but you can't half-*advertiser censored* it from the start, because that's almost a guarantee of failure.
So if BL didn't believe in her "van life" social media... then what was his plan for living (and funding) the "van life" otherwise?

If he didn't want her to do the social media, and he wasn't doing the social media, then WHAT were they doing with their limited funds, long term? How was this going to work? What was BL's plan?

Last edited:
It could also be something like BPD or bipolar that is controlled with medication and therapy, but BL could have gone off it, etc. The parents could have been prepared because stuff like this has happened before. I have a close family member who is severely mentally ill and every time something "happens" it's almost like we expect it because it's happened similarly so many times before and many times, these behavior patterns have gone back to childhood even though at the time we didn't realize that that's what was going on and this was prior to substances, intimate relationships, etc. being involved.
True. Most prescriptions can be faxed to a pharmacy; but, there are some medications that have to be picked up directly from a physician's office which is inconvenient and impossible on a long trip away from home. If he had a 90-day prescription before he left, he would still have meds. But, he could lose the meds. or just stop taking them. Also, some medications can only be filled 30 days at a time and those are the ones you have to pick up from the docs office.

These two were as far from being primitive campers as you could be without an RV. And they made up for not having the RV in restaurants and high-end takeout foods. No, LB didn't have a tarp because he wanted to do some primitive camping. No way.

primitive camping isn't that difficult. Heck its easier than typical camping. You have a lot less stuff to worry about and to carry. I've actually seen a "backpacker" who didn't even have a backpack. He had a very big trench coat that he stuffed the pockets with various stuff and just curled up in the coat to sleep. I've seen people roll up in a tarp like a burrito - no tent, no sleeping bag. You don't have to be Grizzly Adams to do it.

But I don't think he was camping anyway. I think they were at that dispersed site LE is checking and went off to do a sunset Instagram pic and he had a tarp and his backpack and a few other things for the short adventure. They fought. He killed here. Then he carried her body far away from the site and ditched her. By then it was dark and he got lost and ended up miles from the van when the sun came up and had to hitch a ride back to someplace he recognized before he could find the van again.

I quit reading/posting at 5ish est sat since college football was on and I’m a grad of an SEC school. It’s a big deal to all of us. Still….y’all got through another new thread in just a few hours. Man this thing is moving fast. Having said that…..I get it. This is a crazy case with a lot of twist and turns….and we all hope Gabby will be found alive and safe. Sadly. It’s not looking like that but we all still hope and will until the very last moment.

Since these National parks are so heavily hiked, do they also have overnight lean-to or rustic shelter cabins like Appalachia hiking trails? I've never been out West or East, but I know those exist. A tarp wouldn't seem so skimpy if BL found some other rustic type shelter, perhaps left over from other hikers.

My mind keeps going back to what is known about Israel Keyes and how he moved around and hid. Wonder if BL knew the locations of old mines or caves...

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’d had a psychotic break. I’ve had one; it’s terrifying and you’re most Definitely in another world.

If she is deceased, then Brian having had a psychotic break seems likely.

That would have happened after the Aug 27 snapchat, perhaps after midnight, so early on Aug 28.

If she is deceased, he made the decision to hide the body and hightail it to Florida. He did not call for help. He made a choice. That gave him roughly 24 hours to hide the body, sleep it off, and drive to arrive in Florida on Sept 1.

The friend's birthday was Aug 29 and Gabby didn't call her. So that's why she worried. They were going to meet up at a later date.

Gabby Petito's pal says she missed meet up but sent 'strange' final text to mom

According to reports, Gabby also told a friend on August 27 on Snapchat that she was heading for Yellowstone National Park.

Gabby's friend told The Sun they were yet to pinpoint a date to meet at Yellowstone, but she was meant to call her on her birthday, August 29, to make concrete plans.

She never heard from her again.

yep, they were not planning to meet up til September. Now-ish, I think. Sept 17, maybe?

Here's how I've done it: in fair , warm weather, you spread the tarp out on the ground to protect from damp and sleep on top of it in a bivvy sack or sleeping bag. In colder or foul weather, you use the tarp to make a shelter by casting it over tree branches and anchoring it to the ground. And yes, you could also use it as a blanket, or tie it to a tree. :) The tarp is a basic survival piece. What's weird is that he insisted to MB that he had only the tarp, not a bivvy sack or sleeping bag. That was one of the unbelievable statements that made her suspicious. No one with any of the knowledge he claimed would go out equipped (or rather unequipped) like that.

Got it, thank you so much! It seems like it’s a specific camping tarp. I was picturing the blue plastic tarps you get from Home Depot for when you’re painting or doing construction. Like that’s what you manage to pack?? :confused:

I can understand why a statement from the FBI would be more convincing, but it certainly doesn’t seem like they generally comment about tip credibility after looking through their press releases and media presence. It’s possible they leave that to the local authorities.

I found her to be credible but that may be because I’m a Mom who would have reacted exactly like her mom. I believe she did state that he said his name was Brian but did not mention Gabby by name.

It was in a news article, not a press release. Of course, now I can't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossJoss