Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

As others have said, dispersed camping. That is the advantage of van camping. The Class A in the video couldn't find a place to park, in that area. The van can just slip into a wide spot on the side of the road. It could fit into a normal parking spot at Walmart, or park on the curb in your neighborhood and get a nights sleep before moving on in the morning.

2. bammab

bammab Former Member

Thanks. It feels like it's been so long since I looked at their IG but it was only yesterday!

3. penguinface

penguinface Well-Known Member

Yeah, “your birds”…
    (jk!)

4. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

I can only speak for myself but I have never lost a client. I am actually concerned about the competence of his lawyer since his lawyer is not admitted to practice law in Florida and he practices REAL ESTATE in New York. So I don't know why he feels competent to advise a client in a jurisdiction in which he is not admitted in such a serious case involving a missing person. In much less serious matters I have recommended and facilitated a client hiring a local attorney who can help on the day-to-day issues in jurisdictions where I wasn't admitted or in cases outside of my core practice areas.

Being investigated for a potential homicide is not the time to cheap out and call a family friend. And it's borderline unethical for the attorney IMO.

5. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Well-Known Member

I think she's somewhere between Victor and Yellowstone on the West side or that's where things went horribly wrong. Maybe they were headed for Yellowstone and they got in a fight and he left Gabby. <modsnip> She was last seen on the 25th or 26th by a store owner in Victor, Wyoming. I think he hung in that area back and forth between the Teton area and Yellowstone. I think accidentally texted no cell service in Yosemite on accident on the 29th and meant Yellowstone stone. That way it would set off no alarms when she was supposed to call her friend on the 29th for her birthday.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2021
  6. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

ABC News contributor and a former FBI agent Brad Garrett speaks with us about the challenges law enforcement face with a case spanning several states and the only person of interest missing.

7. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

I like this theory.

Good morning, everyone!

8. MysteryMama

MysteryMama Well-Known Member

So could this explain his freak out in the hitchhiking story, if he thought they were taking him down 191 near the campsite and they went the other way to Jackson, he wanted out as soon as possible so he could get going the right way?

Marg from Oz, SuziQ, thebes and 13 others like this.
  9. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

It did cross my mind, they wanted the freedom to be young adults not live in their parent's house.
    Maybe his parents weren't as accepting of them as they portrayed.
    Hopefully, it will eventually all come out.

10. Lexiintoronto

Lexiintoronto Well-Known Member

Yes, in the Youtube video of their travels they shot some scenes in their tent.

Marg from Oz, JaneEyre and Colinj31 like this.
  11. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Well-Known Member

Yes, we have a travel trailer. I leave my flip flops outside all the time so I dont drag unnecessary dirt in. But if there's a book set outside I'm thinking there was a discussion of hey lets take a quick walk around. Just leave the book outside. We wont be gone long.

12. Windsorite

Windsorite Well-Known Member

I believe someone in an earlier thread said these type of sites at Yellowstone are harder to come by,
    if I recall correctly.

jarneson, Marg from Oz and bambi_sue like this.
  13. Whiteorchids

Whiteorchids Well-Known Member

I would have anxiety over that mess too. It was so fixed up and pretty in their YouTube video.

14. penguinface

penguinface Well-Known Member

There’s not enough room to sleep in the back of the van, the way they have it set up, IMO, and their one Youtube video shows that they sleep in the tent at least some, if not all, of the time.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  15. soylattesandsleuthing

soylattesandsleuthing Well-Known Member

Just looking at that photo gives me anxiety.

16. strawberry

strawberry Well-Known Member

Just waking up after working a late shift...so if this has been asked, sorry. How does this timeline/area match up with the alleged tik tok hitchhiker? This Northeastern gal knows nothing about the western US (sadly).

17. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

That is good info. I had presumed that BL had gotten a decent lawyer. It is possible this guy gave advice off the cuff just going by the general rule of thumb of “say nothing”.
    He likely thought this was just the usual young couple break up that would resolve itself without more than in family drama. That GP has not shown up has escalated this into a possible tragedy, and crime. She is likely in danger. Also social media is as hot as anything I’ve ever seen and the lawyer likely did not foresee this.

Why would Info as to where BL last knew she was and last contact date not have somehow been given to LE?

18. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Maybe he was in a frantic wicked hurry when he parked at that unlikely spot. For some reason.

19. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Could not agree with you more - our lawyers never advise outside of their practice area. Maybe the first statement was ok but as soon as he saw this case turn - and most definitely by Friday when parents called LE- he should have told them to hire a FL bar certified attorney
    JMO

20. MsWarrior55

MsWarrior55 Member

his lawyer at this point is hindering this investigation on purpose how is this not a crime?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.