Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
Missing woman disappears after road trip with boyfriend as mom reveals message to authorities

Gabby Petito, 22, set out on a road trip with her boyfriend in a converted camper van in early July to tour National Parks, but she disappeared in late August and her family hasn't heard from her in more than two weeks. Now, her mother is pleading for help finding her daughter.

Nicole Schmidt, Petito's mother, said that the last verbal conversation she had with her daughter was on Aug. 25.

"I don't know if she left Grand Teton or not," Schmidt said. "I did receive a text from her on the 27th and the 30th, but I don't know if it was technically her or not, because it was just a text. I didn't verbally speak to her."

[...]

The couple stopped in Grand Teton National Park on Aug. 25, Petito's last known location, before a planned trip to Yellowstone. They were traveling in a 2012 Ford white van that was converted into a camper.

[...]

A spokesperson for the Jackson Police Department said that an "attempt to locate" call was recently filed for Petito. The Suffolk County Police Department is also investigating the case. Suffolk County PD declined to comment on Sunday.

Petito is 5’5" and has blonde hair and blue eyes. She has a triangle tattoo with flowers on her left arm and a "Let it be" tattoo on her right arm.

Anyone who has seen Gabby or has any information on the case should contact the Suffolk County Police Department at 1-800-220-8477.

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note:

Please Read and Acknowledge

Where we are at this time:
-Brian Laundrie is officially named a POI by Law Enforcement
-Awareness foundation is approved for discussion
-Find Gabby FB page is not approved
-Gabby is still missing and considered the victim in this case
-Authorities have the van
-LE was at the Laundrie home last night
to talk with family - Protestors were at scene
-FOX 13 has reached out to authorities and police confirmed that they have been in contact with the TikTok user, Miranda Baker. They say her story is "possibly credible."
-Authorities are searching for BL who is now considered a missing person: current known search is at Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park / Carlton Reserve
-BL’s parents shared with LE they have not seen BL since Tuesday
-Video of couple dash cam is approved

———————————————

-Gabby’s case is not connected to the double homicide - DO NOT BRING IT BACK INTO THE Thread
-DO NOT BRING IN COVID / COVID SHOTS
-DO NOT BRING IN MENTAL HEALTH

-Do not start or encourage conspiracy theories
-Speculation or suggestions of a hoax or drug use is not permitted
-Include links to sources
-Do not link to unapproved social media
-post to engage in dialogue, not to bicker or argue with fellow posters
-No sleuthing BL’s parents
-WS is Law Enforcement friendly - it OK to have an opinion on the status of events but do not openly bash LE on WS

Violations of the bullets above will result in an immediate time out. If you have a concern, please use the report link at the bottom of any post rather than stating your concern in thread. If you have question please PM a member of the Mod Team. We are here to help you!

Complete list of rules can be found here: RULES

Thank you for helping us keep this thread open and running smoothly by following the rules and guidelines above. We don’t like closing threads any more than you like experiencing a thread closure.

Thanks for being amazing and valued WS members!!

Best to All,
Tiff

———————
Compliments of @oviedo
LAST UPDATED 10:30 AM EST SEPT. 19

Snipping the timeline and working on it - specifically the cars in the driveway during Sept12-17

AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it

AUG 27
- Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27-a Van is seen in the side of the road and youtubers post it - MSM picks up the story - could be Gabbys
In the video the lady says it was recorded Aug 27, 2021 at between 6:00 to 6:30 PM
AUG 27 & 30
: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.
AUG 29- BL is picked up at 5:30pm while
hiking alone in Grand Teton (tiktok reported in MSM)
B alleged that Laundrie had confessed to camping at an unregulated site in the National Park "in the middle of nowhere along Snake River."

AUG 29 Elk hunters spot van

AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite
August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify
SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone, (retains an attorney we don’t know when) & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service.

Sept 10- Gabbys Dad contacts LE?

SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI

Sept12-15- working on which cars were in the driveway- camper, mustang, red vehicle

Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Note: a vehicle left driveway at 6:04pm

Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest

Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement

Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)

Sept 17- BL family asks police to come to their home
Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday
Parents admit driving the mustang back after finding it at the preserve
Sept18- searches for Gabby and BL
Sept 19- BL search planned
—-
WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Elk hunters sighting
Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida
Reporter Brian Entin video he posted on Tuesday 9/14 at 6:04 pm and he said the parents had left an hour previously.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437930287170822152?s=21

Then video of them returning in a red truck.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437932624534769668?s=21

——-
  • this reporter says that Brian’s family called police this morning and says he was last seen at the reserve by them and they came here on Tuesday and saw his mustang and drove it hom
Updated with new YouTube video

Last edited:
I can understand why a statement from the FBI would be more convincing, it certainly doesn’t seem like they generally comment about tip credibility after looking through their press releases and media presence. It’s possible they leave that to the local authorities.

I found her to be credible but that may be because I’m a Mom who would have reacted exactly like her mom. I believe she did state that he said his name was Brian but did not mention Gabby by name.

They were elk spotting. Hunters usually go out spotting first the few days before the season starts so they know where to spend their time hunting.
Thank you. I did read that after I posted. This thread is moving so quickly that before I get done typing my post, there are a few more pages posted.. Thank's for correcting me.

It's also one of those choices that makes camping more affordable. Definitely not unusual to have at all as your only form of shelter, especially if you are interested in primitive camping.

These two were as far from being primitive campers as you could be without an RV. And they made up for not having the RV in restaurants and high-end takeout foods. No, LB didn't have a tarp because he wanted to do some primitive camping. No way.

I don't know where this came from but you usually can't do anything in a pharmacy aside from working the cash register unless you are a pharmacist obviously or, you are in school. Pharmacy work can literally be a matter of life or death. One mistake and you could kill someone. So, I'd be surprised if she was a pharmacy "tech" who was actually filling scripts. Not sure letting her do it would even be legal in Fla. And, if it is and they allowed it, they took on huge risk.
My step-daughter was a pharmacy tech for a few years and she had no post high school education. She was trained on the job and certified with her state. I think that's actually how it is a lot of places.

Exactly. A woman called in a tip to FBI. Then she made sure that everyone knew about her tip to the extent that it is reported in the news. There are pages of comments discussing the tip that she called in to FBI even though it is an uncorroborated tip. Should we discuss what must be thousands of other tips as well? What makes this tip different? The FBI certainly have not treated this tip as special.

It's a nice story that makes no sense regarding Gabby and Brian walking 10 miles or so to camp. Why would they do that when they have a perfectly good vanlife van for sleeping safely? Where was the van allegedly parked while Brian was freaking out about hitchhiking to Jackson after asking for a ride to Jackson?
There's a difference between Jackson and Jackson Hole, the later being what she said got BL all freaking out. IIRC she mentioned driving through Jackson Hole.

Jackson Hole it an area of a whole valley and the town of Jackson sits at the valley's southern tip.

When I read that I thought ok why diesn't he want to go through the valley? Was he there already and afraid to return, afraid of being recognized for some reason? Maybe she's in the valley somewhere? Just some thoughts and I'm sure I've missed loads, these threads are going so quickly!

I don't know where this came from but you usually can't do anything in a pharmacy aside from working the cash register unless you are a pharmacist obviously or, you are in school. Pharmacy work can literally be a matter of life or death. One mistake and you could kill someone. So, I'd be surprised if she was a pharmacy "tech" who was actually filling scripts. Not sure letting her do it would even be legal in Fla. And, if it is and they allowed it, they took on huge risk.
I’m thinking she was a checkout girl in the pharmacy at Publix

It's also one of those choices that makes camping more affordable. Definitely not unusual to have at all as your only form of shelter, especially if you are interested in primitive camping.

These two were as far from being primitive campers as you could be without an RV. And they made up for not having the RV in restaurants and high-end takeout foods. No, LB didn't have a tarp because he wanted to do some primitive camping. No way.

I can understand why a statement from the FBI would be more convincing, but it certainly doesn’t seem like they generally comment about tip credibility after looking through their press releases and media presence. It’s possible they leave that to the local authorities.

I found her to be credible but that may be because I’m a Mom who would have reacted exactly like her mom. I believe she did state that he said his name was Brian but did not mention Gabby by name.

My step-daughter was a pharmacy tech for a few years and she had no post high school education. She was trained on the job and certified with her state. I think that's actually how it is a lot of places.

Question for the people here who believe Brian never stepped foot in FL or his house… how did Gabby’s van get to his parents driveway? Where did Brian go from Wyoming? And why would his parents claim he’s missing now if he’s been on the run this entire time?

Just curious.
Hypothesis answered in previous post, Tentative.

“It’s muddy, it’s wet, there are a few unpaved dirt roads that are out there basically running along the power lines, you know its a place that people hike, there are mountain biking trails out there,” North Port Police Department spokesman Josh Taylor said Saturday, adding the search could take “a long time

“Were we trying to keep an eye out kind of where he’s at so that when needed we could potentially reach him? Yes. But our focus was putting resources on trying to find Gabby,” Taylor said, describing Laundrie’s disappearance as “certainly a twist.”
Brian Laundrie search ends with 'nothing found' on day one

His most recent upload to Pinterest was a zine called Autistic Burnout. Maybe he just liked the design or maybe he was researching it. https://www.pinterest.com/blaundrie1197/
When I looked up that term it says, "People suffering from autistic burnout often feel: Increased frustration; More frequent emotional outbursts; Chronic fatigue or exhaustion." A lot of speculation, but isn't this all just...
This is very eerie. There were some things I saw online... ramblings that mimic this pin. I'll have to do some research, but whatever I find, it probably won't make it here.

But wouldn't you have both a bivvy sack and a tarp?

I can see not taking a tent, but the overnight temps were in the mid-30sF for that brace of days. Those aren't extreme lows, but only if you have a good sleeping bag. MB said that this guy's pack was almost empty and that he told them he did not take a sleeping bag. Lying out on a tarp in 30F overnight weather is a recipe for hypothermia, and BF claimed he'd done that for multiple days while remaining pristine and clean. I completely understand why MB's bs detector went up.

There are probably 100's of campers sleeping under a tarp tonight. Its a popular lightweight backpacking shelter choice.
Sure, in some places

But this is camping at 9600 ft elevation. For Aug 28 2021 the nightime low was 33F and the high was 70.

At 33F I really need a good sleeping bag and full clothing like long sleeves, long pants, socks and a hat

I don't know Florida, but it's on the ocean? Could he have just sailed off somehow? But with who, how? By himself? Whose boat, etc. I feel like this takes the cake for dumb question of the day. :)

I'm not one of those people; just someone with an active imagination.

Why would his parents report him missing now? The circus outside their house finally got to them. They wrongfully thought if they found out he wasn't at the house they would leave.

Where did Brian go? To Alaska in the footsteps of Chris McCandless (this mostly just a joke, but who knows, he could be a fan of Alexander Supertramp).

Getting the van to the house from Wyoming. well, my imagination fails me except for crazy stuff that just wouldn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288