Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
From this location in the river it is a very long walk to get to Coulter Bay but he could have done it in 2 days for sure, camping with his tarp. He passed the dam, so was familiar with Hwy 191 and Teton scenic road to be able to know the tik tokker was going in the wrong direction.

If Gabby is not located near the van, it seems likely she will be located in the area marked on this map in the red circle (or down river, south).

In or near the Snake River. JMO.
I think she will be found soon.
At this point, I don't care about BL, my thoughts are with Gabby and the searchers at the campsite and Snake River. Godspeed.

The case is a social media obsession. On TikTok, the hashtag #gabbypetito has gained more than 275 million views, and many creators are sharing updates – often of unconfirmed reports, screenshots of texts from amateur sleuths about their theories and their own feelings about the case.

Some of the creators more actively posting about the case have changed their bio to: "Let's help find Gabby Petito." Subsequent hashtags include #findgabbypeitito and #gabbypetitoupdate have drawn more than 30 million views and 22 million views respectively. The #brianlaundrie hashtag has more than 100 million views.

"He approached us asking us for a ride because he needed to go to Jackson (Wyoming)," she said. "We were going to Jackson that night so I said 'hop in,' and he hopped into the back of my jeep."

On Instagram, the top account when searching Gabby Petito's name is @gabby.petito, which started posting three days ago, and is "a community dedicated" to Gabby.

Twitter is also being used to spread information and updates about the Gabby Petito case, and some users even posting memes about how they're attempting to solve the case.

<modsnip>
Gabby Petito mystery prompts searches by police, social media sleuths

Last edited by a moderator:
And why is there only 1 flip flop? I have zoomed in and out and only see 1. Both BL and GP wear that style but GP have the thinner top straps like in this pic. No one is walking in just 1 flip flop or just bringing 1 flip flop inside the van. Can anyone else find both?
There are clearly two plenty of YouTube video of both shoes circled in red and also a book or something.

Actually this case went international. It was even on the Dutch news.....You could ask why..Still cucumber time as we would call the time there is not much to fill the news. Terms used "influencer", "social media star"....kind of made me laugh. She was only a young girl traveling, making you tube video's like so, so many. Nothing special, besides she is missing and of course that is very sad.

LOL didn’t she just have one YouTube video? Influencer? She aspired to have a YouTube following but I always wonder why they keep calling her a YouTube as if she is well known or something.

I've never believed this to be a stunt. We have seen too many stories like this. The actions of BL screams guilty. Nothing he has done has made sense. Except not talking. That sort of makes sense. BUT if you're innocent you have nothing to worry about by talking to LE and giving them as much information as possible to help find GP. If they find GP and none of the evidence points to him then he is off the hook. I don't understand not wanting to clear your name. His parents should have been pushing him to talk. BL and his parents know something bad has happened therefore they aren't talking.
I hate to say it but if you’re innocent and have nothing to worry about not talking makes sense too. The optics of that approach are obviously not good as the person staying quiet comes across as cold and selfish but it makes sense nonetheless.

Re the tarp: Tarps are now available in many different colors, not just blue. You can find camo and brown tarps most anywhere and I have clear tarps that I wrap around my chicken run in the winter.

I’m not an expert, but it looks like the van would only have ac like we have in a regular car. Wouldn’t there be a be a box on top or somewhere for the AC for campers? Also, the couple stated that the van seemed deserted, so I take that to mean that it wasn’t running. Would it be too hot to be “chilling” in the van with doors and windows closed?

The position of the shoes seem to indicate she took them off before getting into the van, and if she took them off to change into boots, for example, seems like they would be pointed away from the van.

I do see a book, which would be a strange thing to leave on the ground, and maybe a glasses case on top.

That location doesn’t look to be an ideal place to camp. It looks more like a little pull in with not much room to pitch a tent.

IMOO
MOO
It looks like a place you would park if your vehicle broke down or for a short amount of time but not a place to camp or for an extended period.

So, the most recent Red White & Bethune Youtube vid that shows the van... the van has stickers, but not as many as in other more recent photographs(?). Does Laundrie really seem as though he'd be the type of guy who would be attentive to stickering had he been involved in something horrific/tragic? He does not, to me. And, remember, it's probably not likely that he even knew that there was any documentation of the van in that camp. To me, this suggests that Petito - who, to me, seems far more likely the sticker aficionado, placed the stickers on the van subsequent to RW&B's vid.
That fits as I think she was gone by the 29th. Jmo

MOO I am pretty sure that isn't a field. I am not familiar with the area, but it looks like the creek to me and the spot where the dark spot is the raised bank on the other side.

It looks like its where Spread Creek gets it's name for. There is one main channel, on the north side and the south side closer to the van is just a wide wash of rock and gravel that occasionally contains water when the creek is fuller, such as in spring or after a major rain.

I thought about his environmental beliefs when I heard that the mustang was his car. I used to have one and mustangs are very impractical (in terms of storage and carpooling) and gas guzzly cars for their size. Is the environmental interested new for BL? Or just an angle for the youtube career? MOO

If it was a crime to be a hypocrite we'd have more prisons than schools.

So, the most recent Red White & Bethune Youtube vid that shows the van... the van has stickers, but ot as many as in other more recent photographs(?). Does Laundrie really seem as though he'd be the type of guy who would be attentive to stickering had he been involved in something horrific/tragic? He does not, to me. And, remember, it's probably not likely that he even knew that there was any documentation of the van in that camp. To me, this suggests that Petito - who, to me, seems far more likely the sticker aficionado, placed the stickers on the van subsequent to RW&B's vid.
We have a camper, my husband hates stickers that people put on theirs- maybe bc of her “self-proclaimed neatness/ocd” she didn’t want them on there but Brian did to showcase all the places he’s been, look like a much more experienced camper. Maybe he took the van because he felt it was his, and putting the sticker on it on the way home was his way of further claiming it to be his. They frequently fought over the keys to the van. I think who “owned” the van may have been a hit button issue for them.

I don't think she was deceased in that.van!
Cadaver dogs would.get.the scent and Brian would have been more than a POI!

Agree 100%. Whatever happened, I don't think it happened in the van; more likely it happened on a hike. And I don't think she was transported in the van afterward or they would have found something and issued an arrest warrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708