Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

For some reason they really want to impress that the mustang was at the reserve. (family does). If they drove it back on Tuesday, worried about his life, why wait until Friday to call the PD, and Saturday to mention the Mustang? Seems to me they are trying to drag it out as much as possible to keep the cops busy. Sure they could have left another car for him. Or at some other entrance to the reserve where he would know to go to get out, with a handy car waiting, or car/driver.

2. Lying is their default. They hate law enforcement and authority, and will do nothing to help. imo

3. Yaritza

Yaritza Active Member

Thank you mods for your hard work!! I tried looking into other SM but people are all over the place with incomprehensible theories and I run back here lol. Thank you for keeping up with the threads. :)

4. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

It's like having asking a general surgeon who is a friend do a knee replacement. While that friend may be a wonderful surgeon, the kind of expertise needed for that knee replacement would make it unethical for the friend to attempt to do.

5. rosesfromangels

rosesfromangels Amateur speculations and opinion only

No

JerseyGirl and Cindizzi like this.
  6. vprld01

vprld01 New Member

These pics look like their van has windows on their back doors. One has a decorative cloth over it, prob to block out light, the other almost looks like wax paper. The video of the elk hunters van does not appear to have windows on the back. Is everyone positive this is the same van, or just hopeful for a lead?

PhoebeTries and LAhiker like this.
  7. vanlifelady

vanlifelady Well-Known Member

Why does it seem like this investigation is rife with absolute incompetence? Is this the standard and we’re just seeing it before this case is so public? Not digging on LE, genuinely asking. I did 911 dispatch but only saw the front end of things.

8. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Oh dear, please no! To go somewhere (Argentina!? :rolleyes:) or simply to be where he probably won't be found. Paranoia, thy name is Brian; and I could go on...

charminglane and bellyup like this.
  9. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

My question is, why aren't they releasing who the owner is? I agree, they know who owns it.

10. bammab

bammab Former Member

No but if you go to the listing it shows when the listing was added. Some were an hour ago, some were this week. But as mentioned a page back, someone tested and old likes follow on relistings.

11. TheTruthWillOut

TheTruthWillOut Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but they really are taking the p....Ever heard of running the plates, NPPD? The Moab PD did just this when Gabby and Brian were pulled over right?

Why are they are bending over backwards and defending this family baffles and frustrates me.:mad:

12. Herat

Herat Way out West

The Dyrt side says that WiFi in Spread Creek Dispersed Camping area is only FAIR

If your income depended on spending hours a day working on a blog, why would you stay in an area with only FAIR Wifi, when you could drive 15 miles and be in Coulter Bay in an internet cafe with fast WiFi, a table, food and coffee, and a chance to get out of the van?

Just like they were in the co-op cafe in Moab for 6 hours while she worked on her blog.

Did she ever get to blog in Coulter Bay? Was this where she video chatted with her Mom? Does that mark when she disappeared?

And this just blows his alibi about "his fiancee working on her blog in the campground" away. IMHO, she was alread deceased on 8/29 when he was hitchhiking.

I might also note that a tarp can be useful to haul thing over dirt and sand when they are clumsy to handle.

My guess is that she is in the Snake River

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    LAhiker, Cindizzi, BeachSky and 2 others like this.
  13. Alias Gray

Alias Gray Well-Known Member

I think if people repost their items it reloads the likes, so not her could be people relisting things. MOO

14. AdahJo

AdahJo Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answer re: his trip to Florida by plane. The part that puzzles me the most is how badly the family has managed this if he is guilty of murder. I still think he lost her somehow and because they had already been on the police radar, he wasnt going to look good because of it. The idea that he left and flew back as a result of a breakup seems believable, but she is afraid to drive the van by herself so if he left her there with it she could have gotten more and more unwound, calling him over and over from the hotel room. I could see him flying back to get her back home, or perhaps even to reconcile. But he couldnt find her. I still think if he actually killed her, even in passion, he would have planned better for the eventual arrest than just hiding in his parents back bedroom. The reason that matters at this late date is that I think his mood could be a lot more desperate if he lost her during a quarrel and by now it's obvious that something has happened to her. It might make the outcome different.

Gemmie, Cindizzi, Misy and 2 others like this.
  15. cantstop

cantstop Active Member

Re: the couple would have noticed the door closing

It was so far away at that point, they probably weren't paying attention to it yet because they were looking around for spots and it didn't go from wide open to closed. It wasn't until they got closer and saw the Florida plates did they really acknowledge it. IMO

But like someone else said. It really doesn't matter. There's no way to tell who was closing it, though it does look like her sandals so I would assume she was there at that point so she must have been there when they initially parked at that location. MOO obviously.

spandangly, Quill, LAhiker and 8 others like this.
  16. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

I think it was me who originally posted it here last week but after looking into it recanted. So yeah, if the listing gets updated the previous list date becomes the updated date. So those “likes” are by no means recent.

17. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Well-Known Member

I want to clear this up. Our mod was right. LE did carry this into the scene. There's a very lengthy video on WFLA J.B. Buinno's page around the 2hr and 14 min mark it starts. The police do carry this case in.

18. Dawookie

Dawookie Well-Known Member

That case in your link is much different in size than the one the cops looked at. It's wider longer and not as deep. Pelican and other companies make cases the same styles as their gun cases that are used for electronics, camera equipment etc.

19. Meredith28

Meredith28 Well-Known Member

20. CCTinsley

CCTinsley New Member

--
    Wait, do you mean 1:43-49 in the video?? Because 1:33 the van isn't even into view yet. I am just mainly seeing the angles of the black ladder on the back of the van, not really the back doors being slightly open and then shut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.