Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

If they were looking to see if a gun was in there that makes me even more convinced he may have been intending to kill himself.

But the lapse in time when it comes to the family reporting him missing is confusing and tends to lean me away from that theory. Why would they wait that long?

2. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Gabby Petito’s van spotted in stranger’s footage at Grand Teton National Park, family believes

"We were editing our sunday video, tonight and we were looking at footage from on August 27th, 2021 around 6:00pm to 6:30pm in Spread Creek Dispersed Camping," the caption reads on YouTube.

"We had passed by a white van with Florida Plates. We noticed it because we are originally from Florida and wanted to stop and say hi.

"When we passed the van, all the lights were off and it didn't look like anyone was there. We ended up leaving because we couldn't find a spot," the caption continued.

The 2012 Ford Transit had a variety of stickers on the back with a Florida plate QFTG03.

The Find Gabby Facebook page, which is run by Petito’s family, said early Sunday that they have seen the video and so has the FBI.

"We believe this is the van for multiple reasons," her family wrote. "Please do not clog up the tip line with the same video. This is in the hands of the right people. Thank you so much, this is exactly why we are asking people to review older photos and video."

3. Yes! Lol I think this is an accurate statement. imo.

Tutter, djudylynne21 and Midori_Azul like this.
  4. Mom24

Mom24 Well-Known Member

What is the app that someone was using to see planes? I was wondering if there were any air searches going on at Spread Creek.

Chypre and zelmajane like this.
  5. justaparent

justaparent Well-Known Member

I think they are looking at the timing when contact with family stopped (and not contacting her friend, Rose, as planned).

Some have said that a body begins to release gases very quickly. Would LE be able to detect that a recently deceased person had been in the van for several hours? It would’ve been pretty risky to travel with a body.

jmo

penguinface, Satchie and Colinj31 like this.
  6. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

ETA: removed misquote.
    No, it’s beginning at 1:33. If you keep your eyes on the back of the van starting about that time (I had to zoom in), you can see it close. There’s no tree or anything obstructing the door at that point.

7. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Well-Known Member

Just want to clear this up. The cops did carry that case in to the scene. It's on the WFLA J.B. Buinnos FB stream. The video is over 3 hours. I believe it's around the 2 hour 14 min mark.

8. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

That’s a very good analogy.

9. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

Technically, there was always a possibility that he hurt himself in the park. Doesnt seem very informative.

10. feralwriter

feralwriter Pls. read THE GIFT OF FEAR. Trust your gut always.

A Wiki page can have specified ways to built your own rocketship to Mars if it wants. Just because a Wiki page says something doesn't mean it has anything to do with what holds up under American law.

I think we can retire this "Zone of Death" stuff, imo, because no land area that sees a murder committed is immune from prosecution anywhere in the U.S.

Likely trolls are having a field day on that Wiki.

11. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

Chypre, TennesseeGal, CLGM and 6 others like this.
  12. cady

cady Well-Known Member

Especially if they saw the empty gun case when the picked up the car on Tuesday!!!!

penguinface likes this.
  13. Elhe

Elhe Well-Known Member

I don’t believe they made any income from social media at the time. She was in the beginning stages.

As for the van spotting by the Bethunes, was there a place around there to camp or hike? Is it considered suspicious at all based on the location?

14. TL4S

TL4S Well-Known Member

I wonder if he told his parents he was going for a hike and camping so to go ahead and pick up his car so it wasn't parked there overnight. Then, after two days goes by and they didn't hear from him, maybe they started to worry. Or, maybe on Friday they realized a gun was missing?

15. Alkali13

Alkali13 Wannabe Criminalist

I'm guessing they assumed he was hiding, which they were fine with.

Then they realized the gun was gone.

16. heather.scissorhands

heather.scissorhands Nancy Drew

they seem more interested in stalling than helping, imho

17. xrazer

xrazer Former Member

The handle on the case they were looking at not only does not look the one posted from Ebay but if you just search for "handgun case" on Amazon, none of them have as flimsy looking of a handle as the one the cops had. The handle looks like something on a lunch box, not on a gun case.

18. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

Coulter Bay may have been full or too expensive. She can always work on the videos without wifi, then just upload it when they get somewhere that does.

gayeld, PhoebeTries and penguinface like this.
  19. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

20. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.