Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABCDiana

ABCDiana Active Member

Thankfully, that's for the mountain, so even the base is a higher elevation than where most of the searches are. (Spread Creek looks like it's closer to 6500 ft.) Snow is possible at the lower elevations, but unlikely. Just a lot of cold cold rain.

2. heed101

heed101 Well-Known Member

Brian Laundrie's Sister Speaks Out: 'Obviously Me and My Family Want Gabby to Be Found Safe' This article and other articles say that she last spoke to Brian on September 01 and that Brian returned the van home on September 01.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  3. SovereignSnake

SovereignSnake Well-Known Member

I completely agree. When Gabby's mother originally made this statement, that I'm not certain. The article went up today just before noon (Eastern Time) but yes, I'm with you, the timeline is very spot-on. Unless Gabby's mother has some texts that she's sure are from Gabby that we are not ware of because I did think about that comment her mother had made in the very first press conference about texting with Gabby up until the 27th (and this Snapchat to a friend about heading to Yellowstone) and then nothing until the bizarre Yosemite text on the 30th. What did those other texts say in regards to their movements and the timeline I wonder?

4. Cloudydiamond

Cloudydiamond Well-Known Member

Well they're not your typical "Leave it to Beaver" parents. Nor is the son.

5. Curiousobserver

Curiousobserver Well-Known Member

Except he never used any alibi, he hasn't spoken to anyone.

smp10, 10ofRods, gliving and 2 others like this.
  6. Right, so unless there is a reflection of him with his hands around her throat, I'm not so sure of the significance of someone in the van or not. Maybe I'm missing something. imo

lilithblue and kittythehare like this.
  7. cady

cady Well-Known Member

would the atm have video of him?

MartaMartian, Herat, LAhiker and 2 others like this.
  8. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

True they never said. I assumed t was a Fl news channel interviewing her but can't say for sure.

9. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

Agree, their only priority is to continue to protect him, bail him out. I don’t see that as “not thinking straight” but deliberate action. They have had a few weeks to correct course if they so choose to. They are still refusing to discuss GP with LE.

La Louve, smp10, 10ofRods and 3 others like this.
  10. dtowndetective411

dtowndetective411 Well-Known Member

I didn’t say it was a dead person, it looks like someone’s face in the window, that’s all. I said it could also be trash or a bag, shaped in that way so it looked like a nose. Was just pointing out that maybe the car camera at slowed down speed caught something in the window that the drivers couldn’t see at full speed. Not a ridiculous statement, IMO.

10ofRods, mnmsl5, Ontario Mom and 4 others like this.
  11. GussiedCanoodler

GussiedCanoodler Well-Known Member

12. Lexiintoronto

Lexiintoronto Well-Known Member

13. Elhe

Elhe Well-Known Member

Even if Gabby wasn’t on any paperwork Brian’s parents could have still allowed police in to search her belongings if they were stored there.

14. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

zelmajane and Jurisprudence like this.
  15. sandy11382

sandy11382 Well-Known Member

But if somebody is reported missing - wouldn't the first thing for LE to do is to enter their residence? And yes, she was living there and her van was there even if she wasn't the home owner. I am not talking about an investigation, or interrogation - just simply a WELLNESS CHECK. Her car was there. As far as they knew - she could have been inside, captive or injured, why not at least get a warrant just to search the place? why wait a week?

16. JayBird08

JayBird08 Member

This is true but if from where they were sitting they could not see anyone in the van then it's unlikely that we are seeing something they are not from the dashcam. I might be wrong but I think someone suggested they could see someone sat in the passenger or driver's seat? I'm confident if that was true they would have seen that too.

17. Turkeytrot

Turkeytrot Well-Known Member

All I know for sure, how incredibly frustrating this must be for Gabby's family.
    I hope Brian is found alive and cooperates. Maybe wishful thinking.
    Nothing would surprise me at this point. I'm still kind of shocked that he "went missing."

18. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for a report like this. I hoped we wouldn't hear it for at least another week or two. This is very unfortunate. They really need to start leaning on these parents hard and if they removed his vehicle from the reserve days before they reported him missing this is enough to haul them both in. They do not need the Feds blessing here unless they were wholly uninvolved in taking their MP report, bc their lie is a direct violation of Fl law.

ExitMusic likes this.
  19. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

That Gabby's social media presence ceased. That all phone communication ceases after the 25th (and the text on the 29th...is not from Gabby - I agree with her mom). She's trying to launch a vlog, the effort stops in the middle (after Moab). Brian is seen wandering around (alone) near Colter Bay and tells people Gabby is at the van. Brian's stuff is seen in the car cam video, outside the van, but no sign of Gabby.

LE have not named the parents as persons of interest - just Brian. Why doesn't Gabby call her mom or dad when she gets to their house? (Or sooner).

Gabby's phone pings are going to tell a story - I doubt that phone made it to FL. Total radio silence from Gabby?

So back at you: how do you explain that? She had a complete personality transplant? Or Brian kept her from her phone? What explains that?

20. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

LE is not going to divulge their investigation to the public. You do not know what LE was or was not doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.