Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yellow Rose

Yellow Rose Well-Known Member

About how far is this in miles...do you know?

2. hey-Debbie

hey-Debbie Well-Known Member

Did she say "body parts"? I was wondering if they would find her in tact with all that wilderness out there and it'

I agree and imagine after this some states will make an arrest mandatory. I'm sure all of those cops that came in contact with them that day wished they'd pushed harder. In the end there's only one person to blame right now and he's no where to be found.

3. orchidaceaes

orchidaceaes Well-Known Member

Because of the terrain, the weather for today, and the fact that this is Wyoming, searchers would've been on horseback no matter the location. Coroner said it was in a remote location.

4. Caring4Many

Caring4Many Verified Insider-Rose Marie Gayhart Case

For me it’s BE -I don’t live in FL but I’d definitely stick with him for my news if I was!

5. Auntie Cipation

Auntie Cipation Context Matters.

I'm not OP but I'm guessing they mean that since she wasn't in a situation where she might have, for example, fallen accidentally (such as below a cliff), it pretty much rules out an accident. Likewise if the body had been buried it rules out an accident that BL might have claimed to be unaware of. MOO

6. tresptip

tresptip Well-Known Member

On the timeline on first page it says it says
    "Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
    Note: a vehicle left driveway at 6:04pm

That was Tuesday,same day parents said BL went missing.I'm guessing that vehicle that left took BL to his getaway spot.

7. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

I'm sorry- she was buried 1000 feet away from the van? link please!

8. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

Everyone needs to watch all the chopper/aerial footage to get up to speed. The ones showing the body site, the unfurling of the tent etc.

It's clear in that footage that there is a gravel road nearby. The area covered by the tent has debris/grass/dirt. Her body is not exposed. So she is partially or fully buried (most likely).

It's pretty clear that she did not fall from a great height, hit her head while crossing a stream or succumb to the elements. This is in an area where there are other campers nearby.

There is concealment. Which indicates consciousness of guilt.

Even the murders of the two poor Moab woman, they were left out completely exposed, half naked in the river. I really don't think the two cases are connected at all now.

IMO Brian did it, Brian is guilty or at least responsible for Gabby's untimely death. JMO.

La Louve, ErinC, MerBeach and 49 others like this.
  9. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

10. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

It's devastating. Sadly I was expecting they would find her that way. There would be no other explanation for his vile behaviour after the fact. If he had an innocent explanation his parents would have called her parents, to say she had a new boyfriend and ran off. Or whatever his explanation was.
    But he didn't have one which its why he hid out and ghosted everyone. At first I thought he had gone into the park and killed himself. But I think he is too much of a selfish coward to even pull that off. I think his family found a way to sneak him off somewhere --- he is hiding on a boat or in an abandoned cabin somewhere, imo.

La Louve, CalmSeas, superbee and 28 others like this.
  11. dyannaON

dyannaON Well-Known Member

Gentle hugs to all. I hate that Gabby is gone. However I’m glad she was recovered quickly.
    Really thinking of her and her loved ones this evening. She seems like she had such a twinkle in her eye and a zest for life. xo

La Louve, CalmSeas, superbee and 26 others like this.
  12. Cecelia

Cecelia Well-Known Member

13. Caring4Many

Caring4Many Verified Insider-Rose Marie Gayhart Case

14. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

Well someone funded both of his trips back to FL

15. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I keep seeing this about being buried but no source. Do you mind posting one? I also may have missed it in all the excitement here, in which case I apologize. TIA

16. PoppyJune

PoppyJune Well-Known Member

Fly high sweet girl. And to all those that tried to obstruct the process in bringing you justice be held accountable.

17. Arkay

Arkay Well-Known Member

To the Bethune family…you won’t see this, I imagine, but what I see on the news is that your vlog with a snippet of the van helped to locate her body.

On your vlog you also explained that you lost your son in a car accident on the way to Disney, and that you had a Pay it Forward type of <modsnip> named for your son Ethan.

I am going to donate to that right now. I bless you, parents who lost a 7-year old, for noticing you had the van on your vlog and immediately contacting the FBI. Whatever peace may come to Gabby’s family, you played a large part. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2021
    Utsarah, Ooohm, La Louve and 112 others like this.
  18. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

19. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

And when the night is cloudy
    There is still a light that shines on me
    Shine until tomorrow
    Let it be

Though she is gone... I have a feeling Gabby's young life and light will continue to shine for many tomorrows!

20. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I wish they could take his parents into custody and tell them they can leave when they reveal their son's hidey hole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.