Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Springrain

Springrain Who was the 1980 Ventura County Jane Doe?

Am I wrong or have the remains not been confirmed to be that of Gabby's? I know it is probably her, but I have not seen any statement that the remains are definitively hers. Just don't want to jump the gun!

2. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

3. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

Surely he is now a suspect? I mean they wouldn't announce it at the last PC. But, hope it's coming...

4. AZDesertGal

AZDesertGal New Member

In a death investigation, even the tiniest, most seemingly insignificant details should matter.

The news is coming over the radio, and they are not saying the found body is Gabby's. So either they are not quite up to date, or it has not been confirmed.

5. Beren

Beren Well-Known Member

Does anyone know why it took so long for the FBI to be involved?

Doesn't it seem like maybe the parents did finally fess up that a crime was committed in WY in order to have them look for their son? Is that the trigger they needed to get the FBI involved in the search for GP?

Otherwise, he was not a suspect. He was a free man. He was allowed to take a hike anywhere he pleases. So many adult males don't come back for a few days. Why would they send such a swarm of people to go look for him otherwise?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  6. citygirl

citygirl Well-Known Member

My advice? Keep
    My advice? Keep your free spirited girl as close as you can.
    It is a dangerous world out there.
    MOO.

superbee, LAhiker, LaLaw2000 and 7 others like this.
  7. captdj

captdj Well-Known Member

Im not sure but the video looked to be close to the creek bed
    about site 5 or 6
    there are two river bed raised area like sand bar near the land that is on the map that was on the video.... but could be anywhere but just looked like the area. JMO

8. ArmChairDet

ArmChairDet Well-Known Member

If the remains were found 1000 ft from van location, I would think the van was there for that purpose. That would explain the poor selection of camping sites. It does not look like a site that would be chosen unless every other was taken.

9. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Bogbean, La Louve, superbee and 49 others like this.
  10. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

11. rkendmar

rkendmar Well-Known Member

Pinpointing the location of Gabby's body appears to be related to the 'vlogging' family from FL who noticed her van and had dashcam footage of it.
    They contacted LE this past Friday with this information and video.

12. LaineyJ

LaineyJ Well-Known Member

I believe their statement as much as I believe that their silence was due to innocence/lack of knowledge.

not at all.

they’ll only cry if it’s THEIR son who’s found dead. Never mind the young woman who was so close to them. I dislike this family so much.

Bogbean, La Louve, ErinC and 48 others like this.
  13. SoCalDavidS

SoCalDavidS Well-Known Member

Seems to me that it all comes down to the medical examiner's report at this point. Obviously a ruling that her death was accidental, exonerates him completely, but an inconclusive ruling would have essentially the same effect. I truly hope that the Coroner is still able to determine cause of death with enough certainty, that a solid case can be brought against BL.

I can't see his parents getting charged. I am unable to remember any case where that happened. If they did somehow aid in his escape, they'll probably get away with it.

Marg from Oz, LAhiker, *JMO* and 8 others like this.
  14. PixieStix

PixieStix Well-Known Member

The remains found are consistent with being Gabby but not 100% confirmation. I think it's safe to say it's her especially considering where she was found. She was found not found from the last video of where their van was seen by the YouTube couple in Grand Teton, WY.

Giving you the link to the live feed I am watching.

15. BluesClues0

BluesClues0 Former Member

Sorry but I think most of you folks are missing it. Perhaps it's me. I don't think Brian killed her. Maybe I'm wrong. I think she killed herself. We will soon know the truth. But it does bother me how folks have so little compassion for the grief of Brian. It is sad. Everyone has an agenda. But sometimes life doesn't follow the agenda. Regardless, pray for Gabby, Brian and all parents.

16. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Updated - body found - a sad day for all of us
    ————-

Snipping the timeline and working on it - specifically the cars in the driveway during Sept12-17

AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
    AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
    Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
    AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it

AUG 27
    - Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
    AUG 27-a Van is seen in the side of the road and youtubers post it - MSM picks up the story - could be Gabbys
    In the video the lady says it was recorded Aug 27, 2021 at between 6:00 to 6:30 PM
    AUG 27 & 30
    : text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
    After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.
    AUG 29- BL is picked up at 5:30pm while
    hiking alone in Grand Teton (tiktok reported in MSM)
    B alleged that Laundrie had confessed to camping at an unregulated site in the National Park "in the middle of nowhere along Snake River."

AUG 29 Elk hunters spot van

AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite
    August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify
    SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone, (retains an attorney we don’t know when) & is uncooperative with the investigation
    SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service.

Sept 10- Gabbys Dad contacts LE?

SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
    Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI

Sept12-15- working on which cars were in the driveway- camper, mustang, red vehicle

Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
    Note: a vehicle left driveway at 6:04pm

Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest

Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement

Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
    Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)

Sept 17- BL family asks police to come to their home
    Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday
    Parents admit driving the mustang back after finding it at the preserve
    Sept18- searches for Gabby and BL
    Sept 19 - searches continue
    Sept 19
    - FBI announces body found and offers condolences to the family of Gabby Petito in press conference
    —-
    WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Elk hunters sighting
    Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida
    Reporter Brian Entin video he posted on Tuesday 9/14 at 6:04 pm and he said the parents had left an hour previously.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437930287170822152?s=21

Then video of them returning in a red truck.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437932624534769668?s=21

——-
    • this reporter says that Brian’s family called police this morning and says he was last seen at the reserve by them and they came here on Tuesday and saw his mustang and drove it hom
    Updated with new YouTube video

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  17. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

[​IMG]:(

Rest peacefully, sweet girl. Prayers for her family.

I hope justice is swift and unforgiving.

La Louve, Sundog, superbee and 22 others like this.
  18. stormymama

stormymama Well-Known Member

Rest In Peace, Gabby.
    I’m heartbroken for her family.

19. Cecelia

Cecelia Well-Known Member

20. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Billy Jensen's book, Chase Darkness with Me, covered how he thought LE needed to embrace digital media platforms to share images of suspects and requests for information in open cases. He talked about how the spread of CCTV, private security cameras, and people recording and posting images and videos can help bring in evidence in open cases. I think this case is a good example of it - crowd sourcing images and videos at specific places give LE more contemporaneous evidence to help narrow down places to look.

Jensen runs campaigns using targeted Facebook ads to ask people in specific limited areas - like blocks of where a crime occurred - to try to get people to identify unknown people from surveillance videos. It is interesting to see how it works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.