Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoeInVA

MoeInVA Well-Known Member

I can’t keep up with these threads. But can someone confirm, is it true this Brian never held a job? Is there any word at all in employment?

I just need to know if he was allowed to be a total freeloader driving a mustang and dating a beautiful girl or if he actually worked (on or off books).

Thanks.

Seenit, Marg from Oz, ctmom and 6 others like this.

2. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

If she killed herself, why didn't Brian notify authorities? Why did he flee the scene, lawyer up and refuse to speak to her parents? There is nothing compassionate about the guy. He's a toxic narcissist who is incapable of empathy. JMO

3. Skigirl

Skigirl Verified expert in neuroscience

They are treating this as an identification pending forensic follow up. Her family is treating it as true. I think it's safe to say that it's a positive ID and the rest is a formality.

4. Springrain

Springrain Who was the 1980 Ventura County Jane Doe?

He is at HIGH risk of suicide imo. Prayers they can catch him and throw him behind bars before he takes his own life...get the truth out of him!

What did you do to Gabby, Brian?

5. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

I was looking at the helicopter footage from the media thread. Here is a link to the news station replaying cuts of it.

6. 911. All he had to do was call 911. But instead he drove thousands of miles away as fast as he could and stayed silent. The grief of Brian? If he lives, who will he be trying to control next? The grief is that murdering sociopaths live among us.
    MOO

Bogbean, La Louve, Seenit and 30 others like this.
  7. IzzyBlanche

IzzyBlanche Well-Known Member

IMO, they knew a lot, else they would have spoken to Gabby's parents a long time ago and contributed what they could have toward the search for her.

8. Skigirl

Skigirl Verified expert in neuroscience

Just a point of clarification. The woman was a park ranger, not a police officer.

Seenit, Marg from Oz, LAhiker and 5 others like this.
  9. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

I disagree. They could arrest him right now if they could find the fleeing POI.

Reasons:
    Her van was pictured right there, where her remains were eventually found. HE was later found with HER van, and her credit cards, and refused to tell anyone where she was.
    So we know he was with her at one time, in the location her body was later found. And he then took the van and her wallet, and ran back to his parents, alone. I think that is absolutely enough for Probable Cause warrant.

Bogbean, Ooohm, La Louve and 53 others like this.
  10. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

What grief? People who are grieving don't abandon their dead and just go home and refuse to give any answers to their dead loved one's family.

IMO he is evil.

Bogbean, La Louve, Seenit and 59 others like this.
  11. Chypre

Chypre Active Member

Great post. This case is heartbreaking heartbreaking . IMO the interaction with law enforcement (and the infinite amount of other domestic call body cam videos that could be researched as well) has so much potential for analysis and training purposes. I don't blame the police. Yes, she could have been taken out of harms way but for how long? It still was brewing. I think the police treated them in good faith. It wasn't perfect. It is a real tragedy that they met in the first place.

12. dubster

dubster Active Member

I believe he pulled over to this spot because there is a small wooden log bridge that leads to the open field, this would make carrying her body easier

[​IMG]

jash, Bogbean, Seenit and 14 others like this.
  13. captdj

captdj Well-Known Member

I hope they can determine time of death...and cause of death
    but since we know she had no contact after 25th facetime and then 27th (maybe) snapchat is uncertain. But he is hiking the 29th. then rushed home to FL that night if the fuel stop at 11pm is accurate.... I think they picked the camping area then she died......and yes they may have tried to get a regular campsite at a state park but they were all taken. It has been crazy this year trying to get reservations in state parks.... and again maybe they wanted free camping since this one was on her Dyrt account.

14. thebedbug

thebedbug Well-Known Member

There isn't a lot to explain BL's actions in any scenario - including some kind of DV murder.

I hope we get answers.

La Louve, Seenit, LaLaw2000 and 4 others like this.
  15. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Very, very telling. Search warrant must be close to being executed.

We’re outside #BrianLaundrie’s home in North Port. Police tell us they will soon move us back away from the house. I was also told to move my car so that the FBI didn’t come in and tow it. FBI is not here right now.
    6479ECE6-9E3A-47E4-93AF-66D119BC8D38.jpeg
    https://twitter.com/mckennakingtv/status/1439735352021995521?s=21

jash, Bogbean, MerBeach and 57 others like this.
  16. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

There were other campers in the area. The Bethunes said they turned back because they couldn't find a camping spot. If Gabby had been left out on her own, abandoned, I have no doubt she would have found help.

17. Beren

Beren Well-Known Member

It's so hard to have compassion for him when we don't know that he is in fact grieving. In fact, we know nothing of what he knows and thinks. But it does seem odd to most people that he decided upon the course of action he has taken if GP had, as you say, in fact committed suicide for some reason at that spot on that particular day. We know nothing but can only speculate based on the observable facts and what can most likely be deduced from them.

Bogbean, La Louve, momsof3 and 10 others like this.
  18. crumbcleaner

crumbcleaner Well-Known Member

The remains are consistent with description of Gabby. I’m assuming they use identifying features (tattoos), clothing & maybe jewelry to come to this conclusion. I don’t think that they would say the above statement if they weren’t 99% sure. They notified her parents as well.
    Gabby Petito update: Human remains found in Wyoming are 'consistent' with description of missing 22-year-old - CNN

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  19. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

Don't see it that way myself. What I see is a son who called them from Wyoming & who told them he had accidentally killed Gabby during an argument. Any remotely decent people would have told him then to stay out, they were coming out, but that he would have to turn himself into LE & explain what happened. No kind of parent I can understand would be willing to put Gabby's parents through the hell of not knowing where their precious child was, and no person I can understand would have been ok with Gabby being left out there alone.

MerBeach, momsof3, Seenit and 33 others like this.
  20. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

Ah, this is terrible news.

Not unexpected, but terrible news. At least the search didn’t have to drag on forever, and her family can have some modicum of peace.

RIP, sweet girl.

When did his parents do anything to indicate they “love” or even care about Gabby?

Did they say it? Because I certainly didn’t see them say it.

Even in their lawyers’ statement, they haven’t said it.

I agree that they are not the same people as Brian, and according to the rules of WS they are probably still victims; but they're the least helpful and cooperative victims I can remember seeing in recent crime history.

La Louve, momsof3, Seenit and 24 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.