Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

I don't feel bad for Brian's family. If this was an accident or during a mental break, he could have confessed and been out of jail in 15-20 years. I'd rather visit my son in prison than visit his grave.

2. BluesClues0

BluesClues0 Former Member

How do you know he's not?

Some one else asked grieving so much that he has to lawyer up? No.... He probably doesn't give a **** about lawyers right about now. He did run home to mom & dad. So you want to crucify him for that? Could he have said something. Truth? Probably not. Really. Could his parents? Perhaps. Nothing anyone said was going to change anything though and I haven't seen GP's parents being receptive. Let's see how this unfolds but I think folks are expecting others to behave in very experienced ways when in fact, these are experiences that none of us (with few exceptions) have ever experienced.

3. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Ultimately, the only one to blame is the killer. That being said, I do think we need to look at domestic violence and mental illness differently and take it seriously.

MerBeach, Seenit, Chypre and 27 others like this.
  4. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

"Human remains" are just that...what remains of a human body. I wouldn't put too much stock into the use of that description. I've seen it used to describe anything from a leg in a shoe to a complete skeleton or even a body only deceased for a few hours. FWIW

5. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

Helpful to use the term CANOPY instead of tent just because it can be confused with their camping tent.
    UGH! I meant to link the post you responded to, sorry.

6. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

I thought I could see a body shape with light colored clothing under the dirt. The shape of the body was visible, so IMO, not what I'd call "buried," but I guess maybe "shallow burial" refers to this type of thing?

Yep, no cliffs, no big rocks, no bodies of water. I think he parked in that pull out not to camp (no need to choose such an odd spot - the dispersed camping nearby had better spots) and took her there.

I await the autopsy and hope that we get even more details.

La Louve, MerBeach, Seenit and 12 others like this.
  7. bellesnwhistles

bellesnwhistles Well-Known Member

I stopped watching after he showed up because it was really rough for me to watch but the short interaction I saw.. I definitely was not impressed with him. Watching that video was heartbreaking and and knowing what we know now.. I can’t imagine how gabby was feeling. RIP sweet girl.

Seenit, Chypre, Marg from Oz and 16 others like this.
  8. Skigirl

Skigirl Verified expert in neuroscience

Do you have a link? I can't find it...

Seenit, Marg from Oz and zoomom2 like this.
  9. JayWill

JayWill On Time Out

10. LietKynes

LietKynes Well-Known Member

bbm
    Ita.

Seenit, Marg from Oz and Aimee2 like this.
  11. shelbycat

shelbycat Well-Known Member

Y’all. Gray Hughes is analyzing the van video rn and examining the possibility that the back door is closing just as the couple filming the video come around the corner.

Seenit, Chypre, Marg from Oz and 14 others like this.
  12. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

He was there several nights, IMO. He could have moved the van. But Gabby was no longer there to take the reins of civility and love.

Yes, he stayed there so he could work on ditching her. What a P O S. May he...... Oh never mind, not worth it. How do these families raise the BLs and the CWs. What goes so horribly wrong with those families.

SHAME

13. IzzyBlanche

IzzyBlanche Well-Known Member

Where have they expressed their love for Gabby? Do you have a link? Because I missed it and I thought I'd read most everything about this case.

14. jtfolden

jtfolden Well-Known Member

So after they pass the van and come to the fork in the road, her body would have been far left of that area (thought maybe not at that exact time).

15. Gloomy Bear

Gloomy Bear Well-Known Member

I do have so little compassion for Brian.

The "love of his life" was missing for over 3 weeks after he STOLE *her* van and he sat inside the house thousands of miles away doing nothing. Not talking to Gabby's family, not participating in searches for her, nothing. Then he goes on a hike while refusing to talk to police, and Gabby is dead, and he is missing.

What part of this story should I be bursting with compassion for him?

La Louve, momsof3, MerBeach and 57 others like this.
  16. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Yep and he thought he got away with it - I do think the cell phone data also may have contributed to the search area location and I can’t wait to hear exactly how they found her. I’m so grateful to this family who posted the video which brought a lot more recognition and potential tips to Gabbys case. I could care less about her killers’ family as they cared nothing for gabby and her family
    JMO
    Sorry I’m just so pissed at this lovely young woman’s life being taken so ruthlessly and then he stole her Van!!!

La Louve, momsof3, Seenit and 23 others like this.
  17. wonderboy74

wonderboy74 Well-Known Member

I still think this is BL and Gabby that I drew arrows to next what I think is those two.

Attached Files:

18. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Agreed. I don't think it's coincidence that killers often come form families who cover up and excuse the evil deeds of their relation. \

Oh he was a suspect long before today. IMO. They just wouldn't say it.

momsof3, MerBeach, Seenit and 27 others like this.
  19. heli

heli Well-Known Member

Rainbow appears near where authorities believe they discovered Gabby Petito's body
    [​IMG]

20. feralwriter

feralwriter Pls. read THE GIFT OF FEAR. Trust your gut always.

So, if I thought I was going to be wrongfully blamed for something, & I saw the only option to live free would be running like a fugitive the rest of my life? It was my gf who died, but I wasn't the cause? I'd have enough faith in myself, my reputation, the life I've lived up to now, & my intelligence to be able to defend myself. I think most of the time, our American legal system puts the right ppl behind bars. And what kinda life can B expect to live the next 50, 60 years hiding? And his parents, too? Face the music, but that's just me. But I haven't killed anyone, sooo.

momsof3, JrzyGirl70, Seenit and 30 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.