Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katydid23

katydid23 On Time Out

It appears from overhead shots of the crime scene, that she was partially buried in a very shallow way. Game.Over. No need to prove accidental if she was buried. That is proof enough that he was involved in her death, imo.

2. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

FBI: Human remains found in Wyoming likely Gabby Petito

LIVE Updates

Schmidt and Petito family lawyer releases statement after likely discovery of Gabby Petito
    "I am making a personal request to members of the press and news media to refrain from contacting the Schmidt and Petito family," lawyer Richard Benson Stafford said in a statement Sunday. Due to today's developments, we are asking the press and news media to have some decorum and sensitivity for Gabby's family and allow them to grieve. I will be in contact with you when Gabby's family is ready to make a public statement."

"I would also like to personally thank the FBI, the Suffolk County Police Department, the North Port Police Department and especially the Grant Teton Search and Rescue team," the statement continued. "Your tireless work and determination helped bring Gabby home to her parents. The family and I will be forever grateful."

The statement comes as authorities located a body believed to be that of Petito Sunday.

The investigation is still ongoing and a cause of death has yet to be determined.

HayLouise, lowes123, Bootsctr and 9 others like this.
  3. vls12345

vls12345 Well-Known Member

Yeah. I agree. I am just feeling heartsick over this.

Since LE were called & it was a DV incident on video, how much DV was GP potentially a victim of during her time of living in the BL household, not to mention during the trip? Had GP endured DV for the years she was with BL? Is DV something BL learned at home? If so, is his mom also a DV victim? (*Not* that it excuses BL or anyone in his family.) I wonder about the family dynamics. MOO.

La Louve, momsof3, MerBeach and 19 others like this.
  4. Trebor5591

Trebor5591 Well-Known Member

It was on an earlier post. About 1000 ft away.

Marg from Oz and PixieStix like this.
  5. gliving

gliving Woof

LAhiker, NoSI, NWLady and 12 others like this.
  6. Seabunny

Seabunny Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing. IMO, the back door did shut. I think Gabby was alive at this time, in the back, and BL was in the front driver seat. I don't think he chose this spot ahead of time with plans to kill and bury her. I do hope we find answers, whatever they may be.

My heart is so heavy.

LAhiker, builder, Boxer and 3 others like this.
  7. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

YES! YES! YES!

8. CrimeDawg123

CrimeDawg123 Well-Known Member

Maybe he needed to get his gun from back in Florida.

Quiche, Aimee2, jakat and 3 others like this.
  9. KaylynnCouture

KaylynnCouture Well-Known Member

Why, Brian? Why?

JrzyGirl70, LaLaw2000, Quill and 4 others like this.
  10. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

….So why did he proceed to leave her body there, take her car (which wasn’t his) across country, ignore texts from her mother, have his own parents ignore texts from her mother, hire an attorney and then act like the most guilty person on the face of the earth?? Someone killing themselves around you isn’t illegal. Why did he not tell anyone?

11. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

They should’ve immediately placed him under surveillance,” said Ed Gavin, an expert in missing person cases and former acting chief of the New York City Administration for Children’s Services. “Immediately.”

They should’ve been all over him,” Gavin added. “The fact that they let him out of their sight, that’s a no-no. Time is of the essence with these investigations.”

“I think what I would do if I was running the investigation is ask for permission to [look at Schmidt’s phone] because you don’t want to alienate the family, you want to do it in as cooperative a way as possible,” former veteran FBI agent Oliver Farache said.

“You want to look at the phone, see if anything was deleted, see exactly what kind of conversation they were having and looking at the whole thing, not just the last few days,” Farache said. “And the history of the texts that mom exchanged and dad as well will give you a clue into the missing person’s mental state as well.”

One retired NYPD detective said keeping tabs on Laundrie was a no-brainer.

“You always have to try to build a case and if it means surveillance to see where he’s going or what he’s doing … then you do that,” the ex-cop said. “You don’t need a search warrant to surveil somebody.”
    Handling of Gabby Petito case under scrutiny amid boyfriend hunt

12. rkendmar

rkendmar Well-Known Member

Just for clarification:
    Are you saying that you believe that GP probably committed suicide?
    Who buried her body?

13. Veronica Sawyer

Veronica Sawyer Well-Known Member

If her information was in fact key to the discovery I applaud the FBI for being so on top of the tips coming in.

momsof3, LaLaw2000, LAhiker and 11 others like this.
  14. Hap

Hap Wisher & Dreamer

I hope so.

LAhiker, SaguaroSpirit and Msskeptic like this.
  15. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

To everyone who thinks the Moab PD did a poor job, what outcome did you expect? A poor job would have been spending a few minutes to give Brian a ticket (potentially adding to stress and negative outcomes later), taking Gabby's word for it that she's ok and blowing off the situation as "just two people arguing". like many on this thread.

It was called in because it was two people loundly arguing with phisical contact, Gabby being pushed out of the van and having to climb back through the window. Imagine that in your head for a minute. It is not normal and it is concerning and to anyone with sense looks like a toxic problem. LE may have recognized things in Brian that they didnt want to provoke for Gabby's sake. and they did the right thing by separating them and leaving Gabby in posession of her belongings, phone and means of transportation.

16. sunshineray

sunshineray Well-Known Member

Just that he left the area in her vehicle without her. He drove cross country back home and wouldn't talk to authorities after a missing person's was filed by her parents. The van, her van, the one he drove alone back to FL, is documented as being right there in the area of her discovered dead body, on a certain night. That's it.. so far.

17. SouthAussie

SouthAussie Well-Known Member

Perhaps a disclaimer is needed. No evidence that we know of.

Pretty sure that the police know a whole lot more than we know.

18. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

19. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Do you have a timestamp? TIA

LAhiker, fcavanaugh and PixieStix like this.
  20. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

I fully concur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.