Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

Moo. I have a hard time accepting that the spot they put the tent is where her remains are located. Even the most hardened grizzled SAR veteran wouldn't stomp all over remains the way they were doing. I think the tent is a staging area for the coroner to work and the remains are where that group is standing so still

ErinC, ReadingMaven, momsof3 and 35 others like this.

2. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

3. everybodhi

everybodhi Well-Known Member

Covering for him is how he became the person he is, your statement of understanding why his parents covered for him reminded me of an incident in my own family long ago.
    When my brother was a young 20 something husband, he slapped his wife in the face and she called the cops and had him arrested. He called my dad and told him this story, said he didn't hurt her and asked to be bailed out. My dad told him no, and don't ever lay a hand on your wife again.
    That was the only incident of DV or arrest for anything in our family, ever.

4. IzzyBlanche

IzzyBlanche Well-Known Member

That struck me too. What was up with the stickers?

5. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

im no rocket scientist but it dont take one to figure out that a man that was traveling the country with what he called the love of his life, that today was found dead at the same place they were last seen wasnt the one that killed her.Lets say she did in fact what, strangle herself, maybe cut her wrist? does that mean that you jump in Her van and haul tail it home and hide for days without saying a word about where she is? who thinks that way? NOONE.
    Now if yall got in a fight and you killed her, either on accident or purpose then yea, im sure you would run back home and lawyer up and keep quiet.. Brian killed that poor girl IMO and I cant wait till he is caught and made to pay for what he has done!

6. crussell821

crussell821 Who killed Abby and Libby?

Well, I wouldn’t do what he did. That much I do know.

ErinC, Marg from Oz, Alcina and 36 others like this.
  7. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I can give you some solid evidence that he was involved in her death. There are pictures of her van at the site of her remains.

He drove that van of hers home alone, with her wallet. Her body was left in a shallow grave, back where the van was seen parked. SO HE IS THE PRIME SUSPECT.

Please explain how her body could be found hidden there, where her van was pictured, and he came home alone in her van, and he was not involved in her death.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2021
  8. technicallymissing

technicallymissing Well-Known Member

yep, Gabby's father said somewhere she had recently purchased a drone for the trip to get those wide, high shots of the van.

9. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

Brian Entin reports that the statement, made via the family’s attorney, said:
    “The news about Gabby Petito is heartbreaking. The Laundrie family prays for Gabby and her family."

Its fairly clear BL told them what he did and minutes later all of them lawyered up. He should have tuned himself in. They made a very bad decision and in the process savaged the hearts and minds of her family, this country and the world.

The heart is seizing up and bleeding out...here's a Bandaid.

10. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

There are norms of human behavior. No matter how badly Casey Anthony's expert tried to argue that there are not.

Proudnanny, ar3593, MerBeach and 40 others like this.
  11. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

slapping, scratching his face after he
    pulled her face towards hers was self-defense.
    THe cops or park rangers probably sensed something was off but had it wrong. Having them separate was a good start.

12. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

Consciousness of guilt actions are evidence. JMO

13. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Body matching description of Gabby Petito found in Grand Teton

BL’s attorney’s statement on his car:
    Steven Bertolino, the Laundrie family attorney told ABC News on Sunday that the family picked up the car, Brian Laundrie was using, on Thursday morning from the reserve after going out on Wednesday to look for their son.

Laundrie left the family home on Tuesday morning with a backpack. Bertolino said that the family went out to the reserve on Wednesday to look for him and spotted a note from the North Port Police Department on the car saying it needed to be removed.

The family left the car overnight "so he could drive back," the attorney said. When Laundrie didn't come home Thursday morning, the family went back to retrieve the car.

The family then called police on Friday to file a missing person report, authorities said on Saturday.

14. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Just a PSA that defense attorneys don't often believe their clients are particularly good or likeable people. Just that they are entitled to representation under the law before the state can take away their liberty like every other person in America. Also it's a job - and it pays well.

You don't have to defend bad people for free on the internet.

laurmac, jash, ErinC and 72 others like this.
  15. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

Christopher, at the Moonflower, must be gutted by this too. He really tried :(

16. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

slapping, scratching his face after he
    pulled her face towards hers was self-defense.
    THe cops or park rangers probably sensed something was off but had it wrong. Having them separate was a good start.

17. Becky Starkey

Becky Starkey Well-Known Member

People clearly need to educate themselves about domestic abuse. It's all around you everywhere you go. Take it from me, I've been around it nearly all my 55 years. I can spot an abuser a mile away. That kid's first words and attitude was clear evidence of abuse and poor Gabby was let down. Our police training and procedures need a complete turn around, although... I better keep it zipped here. Folks, if you know of, especially a young lady with not much life experience and a long life yet to live, do what you can do, as discreetly as you can to get her out of it. And for those of you that don't know the signs of abuse, stop being so willfully ignorant and educate yourself.

18. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

T
    Although we do not know how Gabby died, and, yes, it is possible BL did not do the deed, he and his parents did not give information that could made this reality known. He tortured her loved ones. He cost time , resources in the search for her

if someone with you jumps to his death, or has a life ending accident, or disappears, there is a moral obligation to report it even if it risks getting you involved and suspected.

I’m being generous here in assuming BL did not directly cause the death.

19. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

If she killed herself, who buried her?

ErinC, Proudnanny, ar3593 and 34 others like this.
  20. Shane00

Shane00 Well-Known Member

Wow, beautiful.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.