Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thor124

thor124 Active Member

I hope they find him alive and able to speak. That's the best outcome, and we might learn what happened to Gabby.

I personally think he left his parents a note on Tuesday. That would explain why they went and got his car.
    If that's true, maybe it has some answers.

2. GoldfishMango

GoldfishMango Well-Known Member

I agree. They are the types who need to see a video of the actual murder to convince them he did it. They just can’t think outside the box. I agree about the Ignore button. It’s very useful.

3. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

I was just watching the video of the police stop and I just hope everyone knows what a DV victim and her perpetrator look like when stopped by the police. The victim will be upset (crying, angry etc). The victim might be disparaging of the self, or self-blaming (result of gaslighting). The perp will be calm and chummy with the cops, minimizing any evidence (such as scratches that could be evidence of the victim's self defense), and inquiring or referring to WHAT THE VICTIM IS TELLING THE COPS and/or trying to "set the record straight". Gabby should not have been arrested during the stop but they should have detained him for suspicion of DV. They need to look at who is the person in control at the time? HE was driving. Her comments make no sense unless he lashed out at her bc she was just doing normal things that he had convinced her were pathological (such as cleaning the van). It's not that hard to determine what's going on if you know the very typical tactics of DV.

Video could show Gabby Petito's van during mystery period

Bogbean, La Louve, marylamby and 33 others like this.
  4. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

Frankly, their actions led to their judgement. No sympathy.

Bogbean, La Louve, marylamby and 30 others like this.
  5. AdahJo

AdahJo Well-Known Member

The neighbor across the street has been very friendly with and accomodating to reporters. It's probably that one. When they told the reporters they couldnt park on the street, the neighbor offered to let some park in their driveway.

6. kittythehare

kittythehare Well-Known Member

Good.
    I'm glad you're going.
    If you see some wild flowers you might pick a bunch and leave them from all of us, in her name, with a prayer?

Carpediem.
    Take extra care out there, ya hear?
    Namaste.

7. feralwriter

feralwriter Pls. read THE GIFT OF FEAR. Trust your gut always.

Honestly the only thing I can figure out is DENIAL. Denial is how so many overlook DV. There's no other explanation I can come up with. Now, whether it's willful denial, or just run of the mill head-in-the-sand denial, that's up for debate. But yeah, it's denying reality. Very puzzling to me.

8. missslaurenlady

missslaurenlady Member

Remote controlled drone cameras likely took the aerial footage. You can purchase them for various $$$ online. Various city codes, rules, and laws apply within city and county limits about flying them in airspace where planes fly and where neighbors live Etc…

9. JJ Ray

JJ Ray Data Driven Empath

Did I miss where the official statement said she was buried?

Many early on listed them as both being interested in "true crime" and serial killers, etc. I didn't catch this a week back but BL posted a picture from Blood Mountain sometime back in late spring.

Login • Instagram

So prior to that they had visited this place in Georgia. Google blood mountian and you get...

Murder of Meredith Emerson - Wikipedia

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  10. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

I THINK WE BROKE WEBSLEUTHS! I can't respond to peoples posts without for some reason adding a bunch of other posts so I'm just going to say RE: BL's family giving their condolences. SAVE IT! ( I have other words but I don't want to make the MODS work O/T) Now we need to see what the cause of death is and find BL. This horrible ordeal is not over by any means. Although I wasn't expecting a positive ending to her missing I was praying for one. Just heartbreaking. IMO

11. Evanesco

Evanesco What happens in the dark will always come to light

Thank you!

12. Cindizzi

Cindizzi Well-Known Member

13. Falcon500

Falcon500 Verified Law Enforcement Detective/L.E. Procedures

Isnt it interesting that the people who preach about never talking to the police are the ones who are outraged that the suspect in this case didn’t immediately talk to the police upon his arrival in Florida. The Constitution is convenient when you want it to be.

14. Beren

Beren Well-Known Member

Whoa there. You're entitled to believe what you like, but calling BL the #1 victim so strenuously on the day GP was found deceased and abandoned and unreported is probably not in the best of taste. MOO

laurmac, Bogbean, La Louve and 55 others like this.
  15. Freth

Freth Well-Known Member

16. MollyDDD

MollyDDD Well-Known Member

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

17. Evanesco

Evanesco What happens in the dark will always come to light

Thank you!

Marg from Oz, Curious-A, abr and 14 others like this.
  18. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

19. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

I thought I could see a body shape with light colored clothing under the dirt. The shape of the body was visible, so IMO, not what I'd call "buried," but I guess maybe "shallow burial" refers to this type of thing? Like, a body outline was clearly visible (I thought - helicopter tactfully changed angles and that channel has trimmed the video - KSL).

Yep, no cliffs, no big rocks, no bodies of water. I think he parked in that pull out not to camp (no need to choose such an odd spot - the dispersed camping nearby had better spots) and took her there.

I await the autopsy and hope that we get more details.

20. DetectiveDraper

DetectiveDraper Well-Known Member

If anyone has links to the original helicopter/aerial broadcast of the area where she was found I would really, really appreciate the link. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.