Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very unfortunately, when the LE press conference said "human remains" were found that matched Gabby's description, to further deepen this sadness, her body was left at Grand Teton NP - where there are both black and grizzly/brown bears - at the WORST POSSIBLE TIME. Because right now, in autumn, is when bears do what is called "hyperphagia" where the bears become incredibly hungry and will eat massive amounts of food, even non-selectively eating carrion, in order to bulk up their fat as much as possible before they hibernate for the winter in their dens.

Just a really terrible tragedy, including the location and timing of where she was found. I doubt that LE will find BL alive.

My heart is breaking for Gabby's family and friends. We knew this was the probable outcome, we prepared for this, but when we hear that it's all true, it's still so hard to swallow it all.

I reserved a tiny amount of headspace that it was possible she had an accident, fell, or something, and BL panicked and left because of what happened with LE on 8/12. Now that we see the area she was found, there is no doubt in my mind he killed her. He killed her and left her, and ran away like a baby. I hope LE finds him ALIVE and nails him.

#JusticeforGabby

I stepped away from the computer for 30 minutes and come back to the news. I am sad. This whole thing has been horrible. We all knew the statistics but we held on to hope anyway. I wish it hadn't turn out like this. I just hope that now, Gabby gets the justice she deserves. Rest Easy Sweet Girl.

Gratitude:

Gratitude to each of you, to the public, to people that went through videos from travel to help in the search for Gabby. The care and compassion of WS Members in seeking justice for victims is why I am here with you. You played a role in helping Gabby’s parents get this far. You sent prayers, you kept the story alive, and you did it with class. YOU HAD A POSITIVE IMPACT.

Now - let’s find BL…

Peace to Gabby’s Family and Peace to Each of You.

{{Heart}},
Tiff
Tiff you managed this thread like a boss. I would not trade places with you for all the candy in the world! Thank you for staying on top of this frenzy, and keeping it all sorted for us.

If not for the vlogger’s video coming out I’m not sure she would have been found. It’s serendipitous that they caught just seconds of the van which gave LE a place to look.

Earlier today human remains were discovered consistent with Gabrielle Petito,” FBI spokesman Charles Jones said. “Full forensic identification has not been completed to confirm 100% that we found Gabby, but her family has been notified of this discovery.”

Jones said the cause of death was yet to be determined.

Shortly after the FBI update, Petito’s father tweeted an image of her with wings.
FBI: Remains found in Wyoming fit the description of Gabby Petito

I feel sick.

One of the reasons this case resonated with me in the beginning is because they seemed like such a normal, authentic, happy young couple with troubles that could happen to anyone. I don't see a sociopath.

A good deal of what happened here (as far as we know with the details that ARE out) could happen to anyone. That awful day in Moab, anything.

Love your loved ones, and take care of yourself and those you love.

Is it certain BL killed her?
Until they can determine the cause of death, nothing is certain. Unless LE has concrete evidence that they haven't released yet, we won't se BL charged with anything or even named as a suspect. Right now all we know is that there was a death, not that there was any crime.

"Rose Davis, 21, of Sarasota, described Laundrie as a controlling and manipulative boyfriend, in one incident stealing Petitio’s ID so she wouldn’t be able to go out to bars with her.

Petito had described the strange episodes to Davis, which at times forced Petito to sleep at her house.

“He’s got these jealousy issues and he struggles from what Gabby called these “episodes,” where he would hear things and hear voices and wouldn’t sleep,” she told the outlet."

The friend also reported that Gabby's boyfriend would set up hammocks for Gabby and her girlfriend at the beach but then would not sit with them. Weird.

Brian Laundrie was controlling, had 'episodes': Gabby Petito pal

I can even fantom what has transpired, even though i knew it was a probility. Fly high dear Gabby, may you rest in forever peace, as for Brian, if your not dead already, i hope you are found soon and made to pay to the fullest extent!!!

You don't have to know someone personally to have them touch your life in a way that makes you invested. You don't have to be a parent of a 22 yo woman (as I am) to have followed - but the body cam footage, her face, and her body language makes you just want to wrap her in a blanket of safety and take her home. Rest in peace dear girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288