Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a harsh insult. The police were trying to defuse the situation. They need more intensive training to catch all the red flags.
No, Officer Robbins was. The other one screwed it all up, jumped to conclusions, interrupted Robbins questioning, and was like a dog with bone in trying to get her charged when he had 1/4 of the facts. Had he not showed up it might have been discovered that it was actually BL's actions at Moonflower that started this entire horrid fiasco. Had he not showed up maybe, just maybe, someone would have looked at the vehicle registration too - allowing them to thereby put 2+2 together when she told them he locked her out and had her phone. This was HER property. So this is a strong disagree.

LE has NOT specified that they found the "human remains" buried. So people posting here about the remains being buried are just speculating. The only thing that has been revealed is the word "human remains", either due to:

1) Natural decomposition

2) BL cutting up the body

and/or 3) very likely, black or brown/grizzly bears being involved in their annual hyperphagia massive eating marathon every autumn to fatten up before hibernating in their dens for the winter.

If BL harmed GP and caused her death, the degree that the body has decomposed and what gets recovered is crucial to convicting BL, assuming he did it and is caught alive. DNA will identify whether the remains belong to Gabby. If there are bullet holes in the skull, for example, that is damning evidence. But if GP died due to more superficial wounds inflicted by BL, and the remains have been heavily eaten by bears along with 3 weeks of decomposition, foul play could actually become very hard to prove. :-( During this annual period of hyperphagia by bears every autumn, bears will also crunch on the bones to get their calcium nutrition, so the bears would have destroyed lots of forensic evidence if the bears feeding were the main cause of the "remains" :-( With an intact body, you can pinpoint skeletal damage due to strangulation, blunt force trauma, etc. But convicting BL, assuming he caused her death, is far from guaranteed if bears fed on the body for 3 weeks. :-(

Based on the aerial footage of the tent, we can see the Forest Rd fork in the background. Here's a rough map I made. There is no official map, from what I've seen.
The tent is the small white area in the bottom right corner. The Google map red marker is where the van was spotted on 8/27. The blue dot is where her remains are believed to have been found.
I think you are spot on. Thanks.

That's a harsh insult. The police were trying to defuse the situation. They need more intensive training to catch all the red flags.
Agreed. To be honest with you, I was surprised that multiple police officers spent over an hour with them because of a reported fight between a young couple that didn't involve weapons or serious injury. She slapped him. That's all! Here I can call 911 and unless the crime is in progress, they often won't even come out. I thought they went above and beyond, given the circumstances.

Last edited:
I am brokenhearted for her family. Major overhaul needed of our police, judicial, etc. That stop could have been a major factor.
Those LEO tried to feel out the situation for an entire hour. They did their best. I feel it’s dead wrong to blame them and to claim there needs to be an “overhaul”. Do not lash out at others for the crime of one man.

This is my first post. I've been watching this whole thing play out. One thing that has bothered me since the beginning is the way Brian acted in front of the police. From the time they were in the vehicle and he leaned forward, to the time we see him walking up to the officers in view, his movements seemed mechanical; forced. And I got a creepy vibe just watching him converse with the officers. The look on her face before she even got out of the vehicle spoke volumes to me. I hope they find him quickly and justice is done.

Sorry but I think most of you folks are missing it. Perhaps it's me. I don't think Brian killed her. Maybe I'm wrong. I think she killed herself. We will soon know the truth. But it does bother me how folks have so little compassion for the grief of Brian. It is sad. Everyone has an agenda. But sometimes life doesn't follow the agenda. Regardless, pray for Gabby, Brian and all parents.

If this were true why wouldn't he say so? He just took off, left her and disappeared.

How do you know Hrisn i
Sorry but I think most of you folks are missing it. Perhaps it's me. I don't think Brian killed her. Maybe I'm wrong. I think she killed herself. We will soon know the truth. But it does bother me how folks have so little compassion for the grief of Brian. It is sad. Everyone has an agenda. But sometimes life doesn't follow the agenda. Regardless, pray for Gabby, Brian and all parents.
How do you know Brian is grieving? Suicide is a possibility, the thought crossed my mind but that does not explain the refusal to communicate with GP’s family. Why don’t you think BL killed her?

JMO, but when BL parents called for LE to come to their home Friday to report BL missing, one of the news reporters said something about LE coming outside and returning to the house with what appeared to be an evidence bag. Could that evidence bag been to bag and tag a note, maybe a confession from BL. Directions to where they (LE) could find Gabby.

WOW. Just WOW.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1439727740664561668?s=21

New statement from Laundrie family attorney:
The news about Gabby Petito is heartbreaking. The Laundrie family prays for Gabby and her family.

Now it's Gabby and not Ms. Petito o_O

Whoever does their PR should be fired. Epic Fail.

Like the worst timing, they speak when they shouldn't and are silent when they should talk. This is one instance they should just remain quiet for now.

Seems to me that it all comes down to the medical examiner's report at this point. Obviously a ruling that her death was accidental, exonerates him completely, but an inconclusive ruling would have essentially the same effect. I truly hope that the Coroner is still able to determine cause of death with enough certainty, that a solid case can be brought against BL.

I can't see his parents getting charged. I am unable to remember any case where that happened. If they did somehow aid in his escape, they'll probably get away with it.

Apologies for being behind, but if it's ruled that her death was accidental but she was found buried isn't that a crime (tampering with a body)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158