Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becky Starkey

Becky Starkey Well-Known Member

It is/was in a live helicopter video, but the news station has since edited it out. So, I saw it and that's what I believed, but since I can't prove it now, moo

PixieStix, 10ofRods, Cortne and 2 others like this.

2. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

we don't know what we don't know
    just because we don't know about something doesn't mean it doesn't exist

Cher352, Cortne, skyedaze and 3 others like this.
  3. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

Agreed, Police are damned if they do or damned if they don't. The sole blame should be on BL right now.

Skypie, karma-girl, Cher352 and 11 others like this.
  4. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

The
    They said the search is over for the day. Nothing to report.
    If I were BL's mother, I would have been throwing up for the past 20 days. Maybe she is sociopathic and really doesn't care - but if she isn't, I can imagine how it would feel to think, or know, that my son is a murderer, just waiting for the inevitable.

And don't forget: BL's parents aren't a single unit. We have no idea what their relationship is like. Maybe BL learned to "command" a situation at home. Maybe one of them is cowering in the presence of the other.

5. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Thank god we survived. I had what people thought was a nice looking sweet mild mannered guy strangle me.

Those of you who think Brian was all of those things and innocent because of that might want to think again. It might save your life.

Chris Watts. Mark Hacking. Chris Coleman. Scott Peterson. Ted Bundy. Barry Morphew. On and on and on.

6. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

Re: "crimes of passion", just saying:

passion
    [ pash-uhn ]
    See synonyms for: passion / passions on Thesaurus.com

noun
    any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate.

7. builder

builder Well-Known Member

I don't think we will ever really know the whole story about her death, whether BL is found alive or not. He is not going to say what happened. This was not the body I thought would be found today; however I am glad she was found and her family can have some closure even though that will take a very long time. It is hard enough to deal with the loss of a loved one let alone under these circumstances. So very sad.

8. MollyDDD

MollyDDD Well-Known Member

He’s no “Rambo”, that’s for sure. I will be surprised if they find him alive.

Marmlet, SUNchips, Cortne and 5 others like this.
  9. omgtain

omgtain Active Member

do you think maybe he was *hoping* her body would be found ? that way he could appear after they found her and be like "omg , no, my fiance! i was hiking for 3 days i had no idea!"

and when he got back and her body etc was still there thats why he ran back to FL ? but that messes up his whole "alibi". ugh.

10. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

But that's the thing: I posted earlier about the sites at Spread Creek. Where he was parked does not appear to me to be a campsite at all. It is possible he did not kill her there. They need to know information on the 27th and 28th. I'd be interested to know if he was in West Yellowstone as one witness stated. Because if accurate, he was alone when there.

11. rescuemom

rescuemom Well-Known Member

I may have missed this so I apologize if it has been discussed. What do we know about Gabby or BL prior to their meeting each other? Were they in school or working? How did they get the van and finance this trip? Were any friends of either of them ever interviewed to give any back story to Gabby or BL or their relationship together? How did each family feel about their child's choice of partner in this relationship?
    Just some questions I've thought about. I have 5 adult children -- 3 girls and 2 boys and 8 adult (over 18) and 2 soon to be -- 14 and 17 -- adult grandchildren -- 5 boys and 5 girls. Through the years I have seen and lived through just about every situation out there when girl meets boy and boy meets girl so it made me think about what we knew and as parents what can ever be done about it when kids become adults. We can't know everything they do or protect them once they are adults.
    There are really 3 sides to every story - his and hers and the truth. I'm so sorry for this outcome if it is indeed Gabby who has been found and if BL killed her - then get justice for Gabby - but so far all I have seen and read is from this trip and there has to be more to the story, IMHO.

12. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

Well-here is what we do know; Gabby is dead, Brian drove Gabby’s van like he stole it back to Florida, Brian’s in hiding, and his entire family has been completely non-cooperative. We don’t know for certain when she died and how she was killed and by whom…but I think it is more likely than not that Brian knows what happened to her, rather than his being completely in the dark about what happened to her. I would think that stealing her van around the same time that Gabby was presumed to have been killed should be reason enough for a warrant for his arrest. Any attorneys available to respond?

13. Fastfreddie

Fastfreddie Member

I am a long time lurker and first time poster. I want to comment on the work that everyone has done here in order to add clarity and help provide another set of eyes . IMO This site has operated with the utmost integrity and tries to make a difference. When an outcome like this happens it is devastating. That being said, prayers for GP family

Ooohm, Alcina, PixieStix and 40 others like this.
  14. Herat

Herat Way out West

Oh I agree completely. It's so inhuman what his parents did.

Gabby lived in their house.
    Gabby was going to marry their son
    Gabby worked at one of their businesses

She wasn't just some girl he met on the internet or a hookup or a stranger.

She was part of their family. The cruelty to her parents is unfathomable.

I do think the strange trip he took from SLC to FL and back was the beginning of their dissociation from her and her parents. Did they ever talk to her on the phone, or her parents then? I highly doubt it. They may have been trying to shut her out at that point. Although I can't guess what the plan was supposed to be. We don't hear that they gave the couple money, yet we know her parents helped out at every opportunity. Heck, I'm surprised her father didn't fly out to SLC just to keep her company when BL was gone.

15. Luna20

Luna20 Well-Known Member

BL is being ripped by the panel on NG. They are going to discuss what his parents can be possibly charged with.

ar3593, Alcina, PixieStix and 15 others like this.
  16. Elisaa444

Elisaa444 Informer

Yes, you highlighted this before I could. I agree a 1000%. While I was watching the video I also got nervous for Gabby when Brian said "I love Gabby. I hope she doesn't have too many complaints about me." 15.27 mark When they finally did re-connect after that incident with police - Imo - they probably argued over this incident with police - over what was said, etc. Brian was just so calm on the body cam - it scares me to think how he actually was once he got Gabby alone after that incident. MOO, IMO, JMO, ETC.

Rest in Peace Gabby

Bogbean, La Louve, PixieStix and 17 others like this.
  17. Fascinated1

Fascinated1 Well-Known Member

Also wasn’t the van parked at the dam on the 29th (per earlier discussion)-so she wasn’t there at that time.
    Is the dam close to where she was found?

Blue Amethyst and MsBetsy like this.
  18. Hope4More

Hope4More Well-Known Member

19. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

Well I took a walk, to try to feel better, detach a bit....but that didn't work. I feel worse, having digested today's awful developments. I keep seeing Gabby's lovely smiling face....22 years old...
    So many if onlys...
    I hope the family and loved ones will have every support possible. How does one go on after this nightmare?

Bogbean, La Louve, PixieStix and 17 others like this.
  20. Seni

Seni Well-Known Member

It makes no sense that the Laundrie family would have cut off Gabby's parents at a time when both their children were on such an adventure. Especially as Gabby had been living at Laundrie house for quite a while. Even Brian's sister could only dip in a toe and say she and her kids loved Gabby and say no more.

What on earth was the week returning from the trip to unload their stuff from a container? You could this in one day or get someone else to do this for you?

We need Brian to turn up alive before more lives are ruined.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.