Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I saw a big difference in their behavior. He was talking and joking with officers, calling Gabby "crazy" and saying things like, "cross cross applesauce," before he sat down.

That doesn't seem consistent for someone who has just experienced a traumatic event.

Gabby appeared to be genuinely despondent and frightened. Her demeanor was consistent with a victim of DV, blaming herself as soon as they were pulled over.

He was nervous and evasive when officers asked him about grabbing Gabby by the face and pushing her.

I've said this before but I think he actually grabbed her by the throat or neck, and I doubt it was the first time.

I think they argued on the day she died, and he lost control and strangled her.

I'm so sorry for Gabby's parents and her five younger siblings. I hope they get to see that justice is served, but I have a feeling BL may not be found alive.

IMO

2. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

I suspect he wasn't north to "hide evidence." I believe he was panicked and running away - and then had second thoughts about doing it without the van.

He was in a dispersed/no services camping spot, meaning it's not going to look like a campsite.

It's really interesting that their tent wasn't up. That would usually be because they had just arrived or were about to leave - or were preoccupied.

3. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

Yes. It means running from the police.

Marg from Oz, JayWill and MollyDDD like this.
  4. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Brian at NewsNation says he doesn't know why LE cleared the street.

Pure speculation but maybe they are going to help relocate the parents when they execute search warrants. The parents may be scared to go outside at this point (whether anyone cares is a different question).

5. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Because they don't need him to tell them where she is anymore.

6. MollyDDD

MollyDDD Well-Known Member

If Gabby were my child, I know where I’d be.

7. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

I thought there were reports of him walking down a street barefoot by neighbors ?

8. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

bringing these posts over from the Media No Discussion thread (sorry mods there is more cleanup)

many of the answers some seek may be found in the media thread
    https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ia-maps-timeline-no-discussion.586401/page-16

the note on the mustang - what days the mustang was parked, etc.

9. Herat

Herat Way out West

I don't believe the van was parked at the Jackson Dam on the 29th. I never read that.

He was dropped off by Miranda & BF near the Jackson Dam on the 29th. There is a parking lot there and I recall Miranda saying he stated he would hitch another ride from there.

10. LavenderLotus

LavenderLotus Well-Known Member

Since Gabby was pretty quickly identified, is it possible that if she is buried, she was put into a bag of some sort? I honestly don't know how much of a difference it would make in the elements with wildlife etc. Sorry for the morbid question; it's just something I wondered about before they even found her.

Blue Amethyst, LaurieLou and cantstop like this.
  11. 10ofRods

10ofRods Verified Anthropologist

Witnesses in Moab say they are fighting over a phone. Later, Gabby says (IIRC) to police that she was trying to get her phone back from him. Do you think Gabby was trying to take his phone away from him (the one he isn't even sure he has?). Whose phone could it be? She says she tries to get her phone back from him.

It's her phone.

"Keeping her phone"? Why. does that matter? Someone taking a phone away in an emergency isn't good, whether they intend to "keep" it or not.

They were also fighting over the van. Witnesses said she went through the driver's side window (where they were arguing) and crawled over him to the passenger side. She later tells LE that she's afraid he was going to leave her there, without van or phone.

How is it not a typical crime scene tent? It's the standard canopy I see used all over Southern California. And I've seen the same in Utah and in cases I've followed throughout the SW. Are you being thrown off by the distance between the camera and the tent?

Because it is a typical crime scene tent.

It's not Gabby's tent - at all. Go look at her insta.

12. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

Re a gun -- All I have seen here is speculation or questions, as in "Did he take a gun?" or "Does he have a gun?" That's all I've seen.

13. Kyshoegal

Kyshoegal Well-Known Member

Exactly. I have two sons and a daughter if any of them come home without all the people they left with I wanna know why and ain’t nobody going anywhere until they tell me I don’t care how they are. I’m gonna be calling that person‘s mama, daddy, grandparents I wanna know.

14. pizzaman12

pizzaman12 Well-Known Member

I would think at this point there is probable cause and a warrant will be executed.

windrower, whulfc86, MollyDDD and 8 others like this.
  15. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

Could be public safety, could be an arrest of the parents. But we don't know if they have enough to arrest the parents. Something tells me though that they aren't gonna let them slide on this. If they have or get enough, they will be charged too.

SuziQ, Madison418, whulfc86 and 5 others like this.
  16. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

CarmelEyesD and MollyDDD like this.
  17. Schmaley

Schmaley Active Member

A lot of clever theories in these threads. Sometimes I wonder if BL is sitting at home reading this and getting ideas for a story.

18. cantstop

cantstop Active Member

Door was definitely open. It’s been a few hours since I’ve been here so maybe we all mutually decided the digging figure wasn’t real, but that means it definitely wasn’t BL digging because if it was then who is in the van?

SuziQ and Idon'tneedthesame like this.
  19. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

My post wasn't about blame. If those officers had the proper training before that call, they may have handled a "mental health crisis" properly. They recognized the crisis, because that quote is from their report. No one can know if the outcome would be different today. Unfortunately not all LE are trained to handle this situation. The training is becoming more available and even required now in many jurisdictions. And in order to offer help, there needs to be mental help available.

20. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

Personally, I have always wondered if the "moving items" was secondary to another cause. I have always wondered about a needed in person dr. appointment to pick up or obtain a prescription? Some require visits w/ Psych's every so often in order to refill. Likely off base, but I do know it is sometimes difficult to get a needed prescription out of the state you reside in or your dr. writes for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.