Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

I started posting this Friday and got a lot of poo poos so just be prepared. Bambi agreed though. The fact is no one can say they ever laid eyes on him.

2. Elhe

Elhe Well-Known Member

I became interested because her fiancé returned early without her and didn’t speak up. That was the most interesting bit and the most confusing, it drew me in.

3. sk716

sk716 Armchair Anthropologist

Unacceptable. All of my arguments require long anecdotes and the server can't take that tonight. So I'll leave it at this:

If it turns out that his parents have aided and abetted his escape from justice, the NPPD needs to present them with a bill for the cost of the search for him along with whatever charges they can levy.

Quiche, Estelle, DeDee and 12 others like this.
  4. sasha17

sasha17 Curiouser & curiouser

What does NG mean here?

Estelle, Seni, priyaya and 2 others like this.
  5. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

There was a video of LE looking at what appears to be an empty gun case. ( please don't ask me to find it at this point). This was looked at outside of BL's house. I have not heard if that case was emptied recently or whenever. IMO

6. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

Has what?

diggndeeperstill likes this.
  7. thedougster

thedougster Active Member

You are correct that it came across that way and I apologize, that was not my intention. Women are not unstable and it is not man's responsibility to keep them stable. I only share it from my perspective as I am a man. I am responsible to not make my S/O emotionally distressed, and likewise, they are responsible to not do the same to me. Even though we both have that power, since are invested in eachother, it has to be respected and not abused.

As for "inciting physical violence against you", what I meant there is that it seems likely that Brian manipulated her to a point where she was acting out physically while he made himself out to be the victim.

8. sk716

sk716 Armchair Anthropologist

If that turns out the be the case, his parents are in a whole heap of trouble.

9. IzzyBlanche

IzzyBlanche Well-Known Member

What network, please?

GussiedCanoodler likes this.
  10. How do you know other people were as close or closer to the location of her body as her van was? Are you personally familiar with this area? The Berthune video, while brief, did not lead me to conclude that. Some sightlines do appear clear where not treed but even a headlamp at night would not be suspicious to other campers, IMO.

I don't think he went on a 20-mile hike either. No reason to. Lots of opportunities to dispose of evidence there and on his route home.

Some people are not convinced it was him the Tic Toker picked up, either. There's a lot we don't know. Would the dogs have hit on her scent if he put her on top of the van to transport her to where she was found? Lots of questions. I hope we get lots of answers.

#JusticeForGabby

MOO

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2021
    Marg from Oz, MsBetsy and carbuff like this.
  11. CuriouserNCuriouser

CuriouserNCuriouser Active Member

I live in Ogden, one of the last places she was seen. That's what caught my attention. Her skin color and looks had nothing to do with it.

12. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

Fair enough; but I am willing to bet real money that if Brian doesn’t pull a “Fotis Dulos” in the face of what I think will pile up to be a lot of evidence, he gets convicted of murder. Because logic tells me that she did not commit suicide (even if she’s not buried), and I don’t think she came into contact with a murderous stranger. The odds that Brian only stole her vehicle, leaving her in the woods with nothing, after which she was murdered by someone else (and left in a place which was near where her van was spotted by a witness) are astronomical. I think there is already some high quality evidence. Some here may think that circumstantial evidence isn’t high quality evidence, but that isn’t true.

13. Slamalam

Slamalam Well-Known Member

So wait, is Miranda’s story true then, about the hitchhiking? I can’t find this now, but I thought yesterday Gabby’s mother said they weren’t considering that credible because the timing (of the 29th) didn’t work with him supposedly getting back to FL on the first (which I’ve seen worked out by many that it’s totally possible, even if no one flew out to help him drive back). I wonder if Miranda’s Jeep was inspected for his prints or anything? To prove he was in there?

sleepysleuth, LucyOso, smp10 and 5 others like this.
  14. shelbycat

shelbycat Well-Known Member

oviedo said:
    Yes I remember and I also saw a post that said the parents found out Wednesday and picked the car up maybe Thursday IIRC ?- but I can’t get the link and wasn’t able to update the media thread
    I found pictures that showed the Mustang missing on Tuesday, then reappeared on Wednesday. Threat 12, page 2, post 37 (Daily Mail was the source of the pic's

Then, the parents’ statement that they LEFT the car at the park on Wednesday then picked it up Thursday is wrong.

photos prove the car was NOT at the house Tuesday but WAS there Wednesday morning when reporters arrived and did not move for days.

15. Balthazar

Balthazar Well-Known Member

Thank you I found it. The dome tent in the video is larger, but still more of a habitation type tent than anything I have ever seen Law Enforcement use for processing evidence or to cover a crime scene - for one thing, I don't think you could stand up inside of it. I still don't know what to make of this dome tent.

16. wnk

wnk Well-Known Member

I started following because it was a "local" story... in northern Utah. But it's also a "local" story in New York (where she's from), in Florida (where they're living), in Colorado (where they drive through), and in Idaho and Wyoming. Millions of people visit national parks, so people feel like the places she visited were familiar.

17. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

Nancy Grace

18. Seni

Seni Well-Known Member

Yes, could it be that Brian was in therapy and returned that week because he knew he was losing it? Sorry, pure speculation.

19. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Body found in Wyoming is believed to missing Gabby Petito

LIVE Updates

WHEN WILL AN AUTOPSY BE COMPLETED?

An autopsy is scheduled for later this week to determine the cause of death of Gabby Petito, the 22-year-old woman whose body is believed to have been found in Grand Teton National Park.

The Teton County Coroner's Office confirmed to Fox News Digital that the autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday, September 21.

The coroner's van was seen leaving the national park after FBI and National Park Service officials held a press conference regarding the remains.

Teton County Coroner Brent Blue was on the scene at the park.

20. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

Digging - Some people thought they saw a hunched figure in a field digging. I don’t see it. I see a weird shaped bush.

Buried - For those watching the live feed earlier the remains were semi clearly shown briefly by a copter that cut away. It appeared to be a partly or shallowly buried body (some clothing was visible) - MOO The news has since edited it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.