WY WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sobby Barno

sobby Barno Member

Agree… no indication whatsoever of burial in the unedited aerial footage, period.

2. MadMcGoo

MadMcGoo Well-Known Member

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

Poor Gabby deserved better.

3. vls12345

vls12345 Well-Known Member

No. If you watch/listen to his 10pm post from this evening, he says he (the reporter) doesn't know. And that he asked neighbors for Ring camera footage to try to find out but wasn't able to. (Don't know if that's because there is no clear footage, nobody wanted to hand it over, or what.)

borndem, Cortne and Doghairrules like this.
  4. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

I suppose I can't source a live tv show. Nancy Grace is on Fox right now.

I will just ask a question.... How would we know that the FBI had taken over the entire investigation and search for Brian Laundrie?

Doghairrules likes this.
  5. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

Along with an indictment.

6. Picklepuck

Picklepuck Well-Known Member

Gabby Petito case: Search continues in thousands of rural acres for Brian Laundrie

7. whitelilac

whitelilac Well-Known Member

The fence had few gaps and looked a bit rickety. Brian could easily have gone through it in the middle of the night and disappeared through that yard to the street or through other yards.
    Not to say he did, just don't know, don't even know whether he was even ever at home.

NWLady, katydid23, Tippy Lynn and 3 others like this.
  8. ellel

ellel Active Member

Great minds…

borndem and LucyOso like this.
  9. makayla

makayla Well-Known Member

Nancy Grace who was on FoxNews tonight, show just ending but will replay in 2 hours.

Bootsctr, ExitMusic, sasha17 and 2 others like this.
  10. squareandrabbet

squareandrabbet Well-Known Member

I feel like we can kick out your #2 being benign in any way if it even happened... no?

I mean, if she expired for lack of water or because of anything known going wrong with the elements/weather as of that day, why didn't this same condition affect Brian? He had access to all the same things Gabby did; and if Gabby didn't have the access, it would be because Brian was withholding whatever the putative "it" is.

11. TheGardener

TheGardener Well-Known Member

Excellent advice.

12. shelbycat

shelbycat Well-Known Member

photos prove that isn’t true. The car appeared sometime between when the reporters left Tuesday night and arrived on Wednesday. It did not move for days after that. The parents’ statement that they picked it up Thursday morning is a lie.

13. priyaya

priyaya Well-Known Member

Nancy grace

Bootsctr and Cool Cats like this.
  14. GussiedCanoodler

GussiedCanoodler Well-Known Member

DeDee likes this.
  15. Justthoughts

Justthoughts Member

just popping in from lurking to say that Snaps don’t have to be posted with current photos or videos- it could have just been a photo with text over it that she had saved (and she probably had a ton of personal photos saved from good times).

16. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

I believe this is Fox News Log In or Sign Up to View

17. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

“We don’t know when she died,” Lawrence Kobilinsky, a forensic scientist and professor emeritus of forensic science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, told The Daily Beast. “But we do know that she’s in an environment that’s very hot. You can get decomposition in a matter of a week.”

Pinpointing a cause of death would be the responsibility of the coroner, who will make a call as to which of five categories the death corresponds to: homicide, accident, suicide, natural causes, or undetermined. “The likelihood is high that he’ll declare it a homicide,” Kobilinsky said. “This is a healthy 22-year-old that went missing under mysterious circumstances.”

Even if the remains are mostly skeletal, a coroner would look for an impression in the skull or the fracturing of the hyoid bone in the neck—signs that would point to blunt force trauma and manual strangulation, respectively.

It’s also unknown what other evidence authorities have gathered—from the van, from the scene of death, from the couple’s devices—that could help investigators determine when and how Petito died.
    How Did Gabby Petito Die? Answering That May Be Complicated

18. penguinface

penguinface Well-Known Member

Someone may well have said this by now but you can get quite a good idea of Gabby’s tent from her Youtube video.

19. Cool Cats

Cool Cats Well-Known Member

20. halfpintny

halfpintny Well-Known Member

I am a mom to a preteen boy. A preteen boy who has struggled with depression, anxiety, ADHD and is on the spectrum. Many days I spend worrying about his future. Many days I worry about whether all the therapies and interventions I have lined up for him will be enough to help him. I worry about him becoming an adult and having to navigate for himself and make his own medical decisions. I worry whether I will successfully set an example for how to behave in in future relationship. I worry.

This case has made me reflect upon what I would have done differently from BL’s parents. I have posted before that I believe he was not honest with them when he returned. That he likely spun a tale of her meeting up with her friend in Yellowstone for her birthday and her flying home with her and sending him home with the van. It would have been at least a week before they would have known something was amiss. He could have told them they broke up. They knew they were having problems.

As a mom you want to believe your child. Would I have ignored the calls from GP? Maybe. Would I have followed the advice of counsel and not spoken? Yes. Would I have protected my son? Yes. Would I have put my son before GP’s parents? Yes . Why? Because I birthed him. Because he’s my blood. Because at the end of the day he’s my kid and she’s not. Would I feel guilty? Yes. Would I have tried every single day to pry what happened out of him, yes.

If I had any information that I thought would help find a missing endangered child ALIVE would I break my silence and tell the police? Yes. If my son confessed that he had done something to GP and she was dead would I have turned him in? No. I would follow the advice of counsel but urge him to do the right thing.

BL only drove to the reserve three days after GP was declared missing. This may have been only three days after BL’s parents knew definitively that she was missing. That may have been three days of them interrogating their son for information. Three days. He was not even declared a person of interest at this point. He was free to go hiking. If he didn’t come back, I would probably go looking for him. I certainly do not want to call the police. If I found the mustang, I probably would have assumed he was hiking and may have drove it back forcing him to call me to get a ride home because he is going to wonder where the damn car was. Am I going to start to panic when he doesn’t come home? Yes. Am I going to start to fear the worst? Yes. Eventually I have to call the police and report him missing. And I do. Finally.

While BL deserves to be eaten by alligators for what he has likely done, and I cannot come up with any alternate scenario that does not get him at least manslaughter should he be found alive, I can have compassion for his parents…as a mom.

pcrum12, jking, dgreen66 and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.