Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry. I can’t disagree more. I keep seeing posts blaming the police.
The police met these strangers for 1 hour. I know people like to find blame….but IMO it is not the police.

Family and friends knew gabby and Brian much more then these police officers. Why didn’t they stop anything from happening?

It is a sad outcome….that is probably the responsibility of one person.

I agree. What we saw and heard on the dash cam video was an example of how GP and BL treat each other when they disagree. This wasn't the first time that a situation like this has happened and I would guess both families and friends were not surprised to see it again. I worked 9 years as a victim advocate for Domestic Violence and Rape Crisis -- the most dangerous situation for police are DV calls -- not saying the dash cam situation was dangerous. What I saw was the police taking their time to assess the situation, separating the parties, talking to both parties and seeing 'injuries' on both parties they should have taken them both in to custody BUT the parties were from out of state and they felt it didn't warrant them being arrested and to then have them return for a hearing that a judge would probably dismiss. Instead they separated them for the night. We don't know, do we if GP and BL spoke to same officers the next day, maybe they followed up or not, idk.

Hey, thank you for this. Could you let me know where I can find the footage with the door closing?
TIA

Watching the clearer raw footage of the van video from the 27th, I have to admit, it really does look like someone is closing the back door to the van from the inside. Now the question is, are Gabby and Brian both in the back of the van or is Gabby already dead and it's just Brian? Are those items left sitting outside the back doors because he or they scrambled to close the back door(s) and didn't think to grab them? It's also possible neither Gabby nor Brian wanted to be seen or speak to anyone (perhaps they were arguing) so they were both in the back of the van and Gabby was still alive at that point. I'm kind of thinking yes, she was still alive when the couple drove by. I just don't think Brian stuck around for long after Gabby was dead. I think he got out of there very quickly. For example if she was killed Saturday night the 28th, did Brian try to hide her body in a rushed, sloppy attempt under the cover of darkness and then for whatever reason he abandons the van and walks out of the Spread Creek Campground on Forest Rd 30290 in the early morning hours of August 29th and proceeds to hitchhike? He must have been completely out of his mind at this point, even delirious from what he had just done and then later in the afternoon/evening of the 29th he's recomposed himself and then decides to go back for the van ala the Miranda Baker encounter. I'm guessing it took him most of the night of August 29th to get back to the van unless* someone did drive him back to Spread Creek in the early evening and they just never came forward. Also for anyone who's curious, it's roughly 12 miles from Jackson Lake Dam to the location of the van and then 17 miles to Coulter Bay Village from the van. Then keep in mind Brian needs enough time to make it back to Florida by September 1st. I think perhaps Brian hitchhiked with several people but no one else has come forward. ~Just some more theorizing.

They a

They are probably afraid for their safety
If Gabby were my child, I know where I’d be.
Careful and consistent moderating has kept these discussions sane and useful.

I cannot express enough thanks for the hard work that has been put into this.

AND I express gratitude for the closures that reminded me I did have to take a shower, eat, feed the pets, empty the dishwasher and change out of my pajamas today !!!
:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D

I’m completely outraged by Laundrie’s parents. They wouldn’t answer Gabby’s family’s pleas or speak to LE but when they didn’t hear from their son for a few days, they turn to LE to find him. Unbelievable!

They’re lucky that their plea for their son wasn’t met with the same cruel uncaring silence they showed Gabby’s family. I hope the protesters disturb their peace tonight.

I’d like to think they will be charged with something but I think back to Cindy Anthony, who perjured herself at her daughter’s trial. It would have been a slam dunk case but she wasn’t charged.

I hope Gabby’s family can find some peace in the knowledge that they raised an amazing daughter.

@oviedo I finally found it!

Body matching description of Gabby Petito found in Grand Teton

Steven Bertolino, the Laundrie family attorney told ABC News on Sunday that the family picked up the car, Brian Laundrie was using, on Thursday morning from the reserve after going out on Wednesday to look for their son.

Laundrie left the family home on Tuesday morning with a backpack. Bertolino said that the family went out to the reserve on Wednesday to look for him and spotted a note from the North Port Police Department on the car saying it needed to be removed.

The family left the car overnight "so he could drive back," the attorney said. When Laundrie didn't come home Thursday morning, the family went back to retrieve the car.

The family then called police on Friday to file a missing person report

That’s a great find. I’m a little confused.

Reporter Brian Entin was stationed at the home and they caught the Mustang missing and present at different times. It was missing on Tuesday and there on Wednesday. (But maybe Thursday is key.)

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

1/4 A lot of people are asking about the Mustang in Brian Laundrie’s driveway. Police took something out of it Friday. We got into town Tuesday - and the Mustang was not there. This is video from 7pm Tuesday when the Dad was leaving. No mustang.

vm9XknyJdjIkMW9X

0:52
89.6K views
11:14 AM · Sep 19, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
12h

Replying to
@BrianEntin
2/4 This video is from later Tuesday night. No Mustang. We left for the night shortly after this.

BPJ_v6nkwAqknnGY

0:23
20.7K views
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
12h

3/4 And this is video from Wednesday. The Mustang is now in the driveway.

UzmIXikkNaiFJf-S

0:01
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

12h
4/4 Police have not talked specifically about the Mustang. I asked them this morning to confirm whether or not it is Brian’s car. I know police took items from the car because I saw them do it Friday night.

Link to start of thread which has videos: https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439593712271646721?s=20

Speculation that BL never returned to Florida Sept 1 has come up so many times in many different threads.

I feel like we are going off of the word of

His parents
This lawyer

And now that it's coming time that he might need to actually make an appearance (whether he speaks or not) conveniently he can't be found.

I think the sister mentioned the Sept 1 date but sounds like info she got from outside. I don't think she is in the loop and hasn't seen him in person.

I don't think I was giving this family enough credit

Dark post ahead, read with caution.

What are the non-"Brian murdered her" possibilities?

1) Third party murdered her - this is possibly the most sinister outcome of all. Two other people have gone missing in this area.

2) Weather/heat/lack of water

3) Wildlife (pack of wolves, a bear, mountain lion)

Brian's behavior after the fact is separate, but if any of the above were actually true, I think could be explained no matter how far fetched. Co-dependent, fight happens, they stop communication, he gets the gut feeling something wrong has happened, takes off into the swamps knowing she's missing so he also wants to be missing. Far fetched indeed.

4) Ok, this is hard to write. Suicide. Two possibilities I see here: Perhaps Gabby was the abuser and threatened suicide, had done so in the past, and it has been a habit that has been building and she executed it either purposefully or mistakenly, as a way to inflict abuse on Brian. Other scenario: After an extreme argument, maybe a breakup, she left feeling so awful that she felt this was the only way out.

With that said, it can be difficult to make any of these alternative situations/scenarios fit in with knowing what what we know about Brian and his behavior after the fact. I am sure the autopsy will resolve what happened, which will make this post look indecent.

BBM. I was wondering this originally, early on. Not that she was an abuser or attempting to inflict anything. IMO. But that she was overwhelmed. That she panicked or became despondent at the idea that there was LE activity. Though no-one was arrested, she might have thought it would become public record. The whole fantasy, keeping up with the image of the perfect lifestyle, the pressure. It became too much.

But, it wouldn't explain his behavior. It seems he went on a "fake hike" and wasn't even dirty, then drove the van home to Florida. We've seen weirder things though!

Any chance he's back inside his parent's house? No one saw him come back 9/1, no sighting since from anyone. No one saw him drive the mustang. He isn't on neighbors ring cameras. He knows how to sneak around with no one seeing him when he's the most sought after man in America. Could he be hiding in plain sight?

I’m just so emotional right now, so much that I can’t even focus. Those officers failed her that day with that body-cam. Her poor parents will have that video stuck in their heads for the rest of their lives, seeing their baby girl in such a distressed and upset state. Apart of me just wished they would have put her into jail, because this could have been prevented. She’s really touched the nations hearts, I had this horrible feeling in my gut when I woke Sunday morning that something was coming today… May her family find some comfort during this heartbreaking difficult time. RIP Gabby
#JusticeForGabby
i have heard this several times andd just dont understand why people think the police failed her?

How do you know other people were as close or closer to the location of her body as her van was? Are you personally familiar with this area? The Berthune video, while brief, did not lead me to conclude that. Some sightlines do appear clear where not treed but even a headlamp at night would not be suspicious to other campers, IMO.

I don't think he went on a 20-mile hike either. No reason to. Lots of opportunities to dispose of evidence there and on his route home.

Some people are not convinced it was him the Tic Toker picked up, either. There's a lot we don't know. Would the dogs have hit on her scent if he put her on top of the van to transport her to where she was found? Lots of questions. I hope we get lots of answers.

#JusticeForGabby

MOO

MOO but I am pretty sure the remains were found on the other side of the creekbed and couldn't be driven too. I think its also slightly beyond where the van was parked. The class C youtubers who shot the video of the van went to the end of the road and there were at least 3 more RV's there alond with the campers before they passed the van.

Along with an indictment.
Who doesn't question the parents involvement? And if the mention he went hiking.... They may be involved in a cover up. They certainly held a poi who will be the number one suspect in a murder investigation. It may be a legal chess game for them, but I can't imagine what Gabby's loved ones have, and continue to feel. It is certainly not a game for them. Yet, dirty laundry is out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821