Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowes123

lowes123 Well-Known Member

Cool Cats likes this.

2. Tishy

Tishy Liar, liar, pants on fire

Just wanted to jump in and comment on a post in #15 now closed about the conduct of the Moab PD:
    "I think the one who was being all pally with him and speaking about his own toxic exwife was way out of line and very obviously, biased. Very unprofessional."

IMO it's a bit unfair to infer this from the officer's remarks. LE are taught to create rapport as a means of establishing communication with potential perpetrators and victims alike ie Good Cop, Bad Cop. They do this by 'sharing' common ground - which may or may not be fact or fiction. There is usually a very good reason behind every interaction with every person in an incident; we are not present nor party to the reasoning. Cops are very good actors for good reasons.

3. milkshakedonkey

milkshakedonkey Well-Known Member

As
    I see where you’re coming from here but as someone posted earlier, would you completely stonewall the other parents? Wouldn’t their concerns about a missing daughter make you ask questions? I dunno. I feel like their behavior is more consistent with stubborn deceit than ignorance of the situation. MOO

Jessthinkin, Jmoose, tayaway and 3 others like this.
  4. GoldfishMango

GoldfishMango Well-Known Member

It doesn’t state the dogs picked up his scent. Just that dogs were used.

5. Seni

Seni Well-Known Member

Hi, The top only was LE. See no second tent.

6. Jmoose

Jmoose Well-Known Member

Does it matter if he went to Florida, or does it just matter that he fled, and Gabby’s van ended up in the Laundrie’s driveway without Gabby?

sassyblue, MCDRAW and esmerelda like this.
  7. esmerelda

esmerelda Well-Known Member

Ive asked myself this dozens of times over the years. I couldn't turn my child in. I would apply strong pressure, like cutting them off, and not aiding and abetting until they got the message. They would not be staying in my home, driving any car on my property. CUT OFF. Then again Ive never been in that position and my heart might have me absolutely taking them to talk to authorities.

8. mommadukes

mommadukes Well-Known Member

I am so disappointed that so many people are coming into our normally safe and respectful community to spread hateful messages, instead of focusing on the loss of a beautiful girl and finding closure for her family.

9. ninvestigate

ninvestigate Well-Known Member

Hmmm MOO not sure I'd give him this much credit. I just kind of saw a shoeless, aimless, friendless dude.

10. Harvath

Harvath Well-Known Member

I was just referring to air bnb(also need an electronic device/app for it too).

But no….I missed your other post. I completely agree. A lot of sqeezy motels will definitely still take cash in 2021.

mzhammy, tayaway and Alethea like this.
  11. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

I think it was telling the owner to remove the car or it would be towed

12. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

Unsolicited opinion from a long time poster who has a very short temper:

If you see a post that you really, really disagree with - that gets you actually mad - DON'T respond to it. Think about YOUR position and make a new post that outlines your own thoughts. Don't tag your nemesis, just make a new post. This avoids an argument, bickering, or making your post personal and also gives you the chance to put forth your own theories and views.

I try do this as much as I can. I get baited or fail more than I'd like but most of the time I just try to ignore or not participate in responding directly to someone I really disagree with. Use that ignore list to make your time here more fun.

If you are a very temperate and calm person you probably don't need this advice. But if you are a little fiery this can help. I end up deleting more than I post some days!

13. Backhoe411

Backhoe411 Active Member

Who doesn't question the parents involvement? And if the mention he went hiking.... They may be involved in a cover up. They certainly held a poi who will be the number one suspect in a murder investigation. It may be a legal chess game for them, but I can't imagine what Gabby's loved ones have, and continue to feel. It is certainly not a game for them. Yet, dirty laundry is out there.

14. Keyedin

Keyedin Verified Paralegal

forgot to link.Live Updates: Remains Found in Wyoming Match Description of Missing Woman Gabrielle Petito

15. prima.facie

prima.facie Long Time Member

Sorry, cannot even entertain the 'what ifs'......
    Why?

BECAUSE Brian refused to inform anyone where he last saw Gabby so that SOMEONE could begin looking for her. He remained silent. And he is a person of interest....
    All other 'theories' are pointless IMO.

No offense intended, but THIS keeps being ignored.

Savmom, SparkleGal7, mzhammy and 9 others like this.
  16. FlatootFlewzy110

FlatootFlewzy110 Member

Where exactly did you see a shallow grave?? Bc I looked through aerial footage frame by frame and couldn’t discern anything.

mrsu, idfinch and JuneRose like this.
  17. GeauxTigers912

GeauxTigers912 Active Member

Hello I too have been a long time listener, dating back to the Mickey Shunick case from my home state Louisiana. Websleuths has always been a great discussion and investigative community. With that being said…a few things I had to add/ask:

1) If I missed this I apologize, this thread moves very fast, but besides the lawyer speaking on behalf of the family in regard to Gabby’s body being found, have we heard anything from this lawyer since BL has been missing? And what I mean by that is, anything other than him saying his client declines to answer any questions. I don’t know a lot about this specifically but would the lawyer be considered for questioning if he knows where his client is (or went) given the new evidence found? I know there is client/lawyer privilege and all that but I was just curious since he’s not been found. I guess the same would go for the parents who, from what I gather, have just stated that they don’t know where he is. I’m just curious about this lawyer. If he knows he fled, wouldn’t he eventually be considered for questioning?

2) I know this was discussed before but I just watched the vacation family’s GoPro footage in the raw, no enhancement, and i was able to see a figure in the background digging in the field right before the RV passes the van. To me, this is very apparent. I know the video has been enhanced in other outlets and it shows no one…but to me, enhancement could eliminate that figure just out of pure enhancement. IMO

Cortne, ExitMusic and Jurisprudence like this.
  18. JuneRose

JuneRose Well-Known Member

now I want to know what did the note say ughhhhh

orchidaceaes and brookesmith like this.
  19. sobby Barno

sobby Barno Member

Correct… The unedited initial aerial footage indicates exactly what you describe. It was taken very early on as LE was just setting up the beige Pop-Up canopy and there is no indication of disturbed earth.

The second tent that you reference pictured below, is taken from a breakaway shot that was added into the footage, it is larger than GP/BL tent documented. It does have a “figure 8” on the ground nearby of rope, caution tape, etc but is really hard to identify, and this footage of the second tent may very well be completely unrelated to the crime scene - photo below.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  20. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

Helping a bit...I don't know the atty's release but here is a reporter saying the Mustang wasn't there on Tuesday at 7 pm. https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439593712271646721?s=20

SuziQ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.