Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samanthadaniels1995

samanthadaniels1995 Active Member

Consider that there is common perception error when the mind processes info. There is a unique bias that fills in missing content.

In this case, why not consider the light brown pig sniffing the left circle, or the shrunken head to the right of the right circle.

Shadows are interesting but not reliable enough to conclude .

take a look at the image shapes I referenced and try to convince otherwise.

2. Keyedin

Keyedin Verified Paralegal

Juries can make reasonable inferences based on the evidence. They can decide whether any testifying witnesses are credible and decide whether their actions and testimony support each other. I’m sure there will by physical evidence, but cases have been made on circumstantial evidence, just watch the Innocent Files on Netflix, even though the jury got it wrong in that instance. It may be an uphill battle, but not impossible.

3. samanthadaniels1995

samanthadaniels1995 Active Member

Consider that there is common perception error when the mind processes info. There is a unique bias that fills in missing content.

In this case, why not consider the light brown pig sniffing the left circle, or the shrunken head to the right of the right circle.

Shadows are interesting but not reliable enough to conclude .

take a look at the image shapes I referenced and try to convince otherwise.

4. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

5. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

They need to obtain Gabby's belongings from the home or from wherever they moved them to. Shoulda been done a week ago.

6. TTF14

TTF14 Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert

I hope you're right. He needs to pay, in this life, for what he's done.

7. AdahJo

AdahJo Well-Known Member

You could, but if there was ever a time for an attorney to be precise and not get his days mixed up, it would certainly be now. Surely he's not that inept.

8. JayWill

JayWill Former Member

That is not easy to do as it used to be. Any country that they would want to live in, have sophisticated epassports now.

9. TTF14

This makes a lot of sense.

10. Elhe

Elhe Well-Known Member

Enabling is different from sticking by them. Your child can be accused of murder and you can still be there and get them a lawyer and follow the lawyer’s advice, it doesn’t mean you’re enabling them.

It’s easy to make it so black and white in this particular situation but none of us know what Brian told his parents.

curious mouse, Cortne, MyJoey and 3 others like this.
  11. SillyPants

SillyPants Member

I just ran across something that said the note was a "move your car or it will be towed" kind of note. Sorry, can't remember where I saw that...I'm ingesting so much info at the moment.

al66pine, Cortne, Lillymac and 4 others like this.
  12. TTF14

We don't know what he told his parents, true. But, how likely is it that they'd believe him blindly despite all the evidence to the contrary? At that point, they became complicit.

al66pine, Warwick1991 and MCDRAW like this.
  13. Herat

Herat Way out West

At this point in time, without a cause or method of death determined, can you think of any crime BL could be charged with if he just walked in the police with his attorney and asked to talk, but gave no information "on the advice of his attorney"? Is there anything that would stick and have a high enough bail that he wouldn't walk out on bail, without having to hide?

Grand theft auto?

Obstruction of justice?

Concealed weapon?

Anything?

14. WillenFan21

WillenFan21 Well-Known Member

15. SillyPants

SillyPants Member

Have you heard of Jose Baez?

16. WillieMac

WillieMac Chief Procrastinator Extraordinaire

Ahh yes! As someone who is likely a Kindred spirit, I would support this advice. Unfortunately, the "Do as I say & not as I Do" rule likely applies here when I post this advice. Thank you for the reminder. ...and due to that reminder, I think I'll probably call it a night. (Well, soon anyway but maybe not just *right now*.) :)

17. jtfolden

jtfolden Well-Known Member

The pop-up canopy wasn't erected directly over the body though and I have no idea if it were moved over the remains later, which seemed to be off camera (in the direction the group of people would later walk I assume). During the section of video where they set that up, they had been walking all over the ground it ended up covering.

Others have stated that early footage showed the remains and clothing could be seen but that it was quickly edited out.

18. Picklepuck

Picklepuck Well-Known Member

Yes, sort of. He could have gone there in the car, hidden just out of sight while waiting for someone to pick him up. That would create scent trails from car to hiding location and then to ride who picks him up, if this were the scenario. I do think he could have been there, but I am not convinced he entered the reserve. But then again, they have had a SAR team searching so perhaps they found a strong scent trail once inside the reserve and haven't reported it, IDK. MOO, JMO, based on my experience with K-9 SAR.

MartaMartian and al66pine like this.
  19. MCDRAW

MCDRAW Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I just can't get past the fact that Gabby's mom sent a text to his parents and said she was worried about the kids, because she hadn't heard from them. Absolutely no response from his parents. And they knew she didn't come back with him.

windrower, Alcina, SuziQ and 19 others like this.
  20. sobby Barno

sobby Barno Member

Watched the same footage several times at the time period as you describe (LE tent was being put up). I have not been able to come to the same conclusion however.

It appears as an LE jacket over the upper portion, underneath a small tree. I was not able to identify any evidence of disturbed ground directly at the site or in the immediate vicinity from that footage.

Time will tell, but I hesitate to make that assumption at this point as it directly impacts the possible scenarios of what has happened.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    LaurieLou, al66pine and JuneRose like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.