Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beren

Beren Well-Known Member

Then by all means, please get away from her without excluding her from her phone, her car, her source of safety and security - which was the main reason why she was clearly so upset to begin with.

La Louve, SuziQ, TRB and 9 others like this.

2. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

Arrests and convictions are public record in FL, so you can look to see during his time in FL for sure. I think you need to check by county. North Port is in Sarasota County. Warrants too.

3. Innana

Innana Well-Known Member

Regarding where BL is now-

I come back to the old saying the easiest solution is often the solution. It’s more likely that he wandered off into the woods, or his folks dropped him off somewhere else and he wandered into the woods/away, or he went off to kill himself. Rather than he obtained false documents to start a new life in Mexico.

Just MOO.

4. Freth

Freth Well-Known Member

Something I think people are overlooking about Gabby's phone. How many people do you know that don't lock their phones these days? BL would be the only one that would know how to unlock her phone and send the bogus text message(s). Unless her phone wasn't locked to begin with.

5. WildWest

WildWest Well-Known Member

My husband brought up an idea today that BL may gone to the refuge to leave clues to fake his death- and he leaves the mustang there? Interesting thought on his part.

Edit, I am late to the game, sorry this was already mentioned and repeated it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  6. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

Correct. He only told her he had a tarp.

7. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

Just heard- on my camper-van vaca. Rest in peace, Gabby Petito. I am so sorry.

8. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

And you need no bears.

al66pine likes this.
  9. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

I don't believe this scenario, but if you want one that works to show his innocence it goes like this. She wants to work on her Vanlife channel, he wants to go exploring. They argue. He says, fine stay her and work on your video I am going to go camping. She tells him "fine, go, but I won't be here when you get back. I'll leave with (insert friends name here who she plans to meet up with in Yellowstone) . You can go to he double hockey sticks and take this nasty van with you (its obviously trashed by now)".

He goes on his little walkabout and when he comes back she isn't there. Maybe she went off and killed herself or someone saw her alone in the woods and killed her. He gets pissed thinking she left him. and drives home in a rage. 2 weeks later his mom gets a text from GP's mom saying she is missing. She doesn't answer immediately and instead asks him whats that all about. She thought they had just broken up. He now realizes he Effed up. The family gets nervous about his action and calls their friend the real estate lawyer who callously tells them to say nothing.

But that scenario is a load of swiss chees full of holes.

La Louve, al66pine and dogmom805 like this.
  10. Becky Starkey

Becky Starkey Well-Known Member

Looked mostly covered lightly with dirt, you could see light colored clothing, maybe just barely buried in the ground, human body form. The camera quickly turned away, it was pretty quick and I've rewatched it a few times and it's not there now. Someone has described it just as I saw it as well, either early in this thread or towards the end of the thread before this one. You would have had to seen it live from early this afternoon. There's no way any credible news source would leave that in there. So as I can't prove what I saw, it's mo

La Louve, cady, Sunset and 13 others like this.
  11. mym

mym Member

That location doesn’t line up with any of the numbered campsites on the campground’s map, though. I think it may just be a pullout.

12. NorthErn2

NorthErn2 Well-Known Member

Agreed I doubt he'd risk a border crossing whether by land or sea, he's probably hiding in the Florida state wilderness and/or he's committed suicide, though I am personally inclined to believe the former is the case.

13. Quiche

Quiche Well-Known Member

Perhaps they both walked out toward the creek, had an argument, the assault took place-- he hid her, laid low for an hour or so, then sauntered back to the van by himself? JMO

al66pine, MotherOcean and ThoughtFox like this.
  14. ninvestigate

ninvestigate Well-Known Member

Agree with you, but MOO also been thinking the number (and variety!) of LLCs registered to immediate family members could suggest "creative" knowledge about taxes, money, etc. If this gets taken down, I am sorry! Not a statement on the family, just my opinion on large batches of (seemingly unrelated) LLCs, regardless of who owns them.

15. rleigh123

rleigh123 Well-Known Member

Yep him too. But his parents not responding is worse than him not responding.

16. Midgie2

Midgie2 Well-Known Member

YES!!! I just have a feeling that his parents were coddling and enabling BL and telling GP that she was too emotional and getting too worked up. Blah blah blah. And I have a feeling she was his personal maid in that household. JMO.

La Louve, SuziQ, al66pine and 5 others like this.
  17. Jurisprudence

Jurisprudence Well-Known Member

Excellent point. And, if they are able to determine time of death, and I'm not sure how much they narrow it down this would be another piece. Another "building block" for the case.

al66pine, Born2BWild and ThoughtFox like this.
  18. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

It was seen in live footage from the chopper before it was respectfully deleted.

19. SLouTh

SLouTh Well-Known Member

This news report says Police have left searching for BL way before the end of the day… Shows LE leaving the search area…..

20. diggndeeperstill

diggndeeperstill Well-Known Member

As to whether her remains were visible or buried. I listened earlier today to this live where they mentioned that according to their photographer he saw the body. This is mentioned around 19:00 minutes into the live video where it is discussed.

La Louve, cady, Shellinaya and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.