Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtfolden

jtfolden Well-Known Member

If you're talking about the group of people a few feet away from the canopy, they wouldn't hover over a crime scene like that, forever contaminating potential evidence.

In the 3rd video on this page, at about 1:10 into it, you can get an HD view under the canopy plus the area where the men were standing. There's nothing there. However, they walk off toward where I believe the body is, off camera.

Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito

2. ArmChairDet

ArmChairDet Well-Known Member

As a previous comment said, he may have been fleeing and decided to return to get the van.

or,

He may have taken a hike and then hitchhiked for a alibi, planned on returning to the van and "finding her missing and dead". Freaked and left for Florida instead.

3. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

I just noticed in this video, before it starts & she’s sitting in the car, her arm just above the elbow is really red & looks maybe scraped. If you enlarge it & look before you press play. :(

La Louve and al66pine like this.
  4. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

Again to be clear, I think he killed her and ran home, and that my scenario had plenty of holes. But concerning the August 30th text to GP's mom. Sometimes my wife doesn't receive a text I send her until the next day. Its weird. I have sat beside her when her phone dinged and seen my day old text pop up. I can easily see a text getting hung up in an area with spotty reception and being sent at a later time.

5. NorthErn2

NorthErn2 Well-Known Member

The Yosemite/Yellowstone thing is a red herring IMO, often times these two parks are confused for one another due to their popularity and similar name (even as I was typing this I almost wrote "yellowsmite" lol).

La Louve, Blef, 303gmf and 15 others like this.
  6. Lillymac

Lillymac On Time Out

Remember this? Released Sept 14th.
    "This is an extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family.
    "I understand that a search has been organized for Miss Petito in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. On behalf of the Laundrie family it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is re-united with her family.
    "On the advice of counsel the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment."

This is haunting now!!

7. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

Don't think anyone would buy that, too much planning, traveling, evading. Maybe a self-defense lie though. Probably no plea deal now that Gabby has been found thank goodness. I think they fought, their fights were escalating, she tried to get away, and he strangled her (like another poster here, I didn't like the way he touched, grabbed and pushed Gabby under the chin area). Then used the tarp to drag her 200 yards from that road and left her in a shallow grave. He tried to cover his tracks with his parents help. And here we are.

8. JayWill

JayWill On Time Out

I think that he was trying to set up a lame alibi.

La Louve, cady, LaLaw2000 and 13 others like this.
  9. NorthErn2

NorthErn2 Well-Known Member

Additionally in a social media story of her sliding down a sand dune there are notable bruises on her back and neck, its entirely possible she was being physically abused by BL.

10. dogmom805

dogmom805 Well-Known Member

Definitely possible, but then mom did not feel it was GP sending the text. Didn't it say Yosemite when it should have said Yellowstone?

303gmf, penguinface, al66pine and 2 others like this.
  11. tresptip

tresptip Well-Known Member

Still wondering if the tent was in the van and if not, where is it?

La Louve, al66pine and Estelle like this.
  12. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

but many people consider other parts that extend it to be appendages. Like the section that goes into Canada.

al66pine, Midgie2 and Cedar Sherwood like this.
  13. Cedar Sherwood

Cedar Sherwood Former Member

I just updated my post as follows:

Edited to add: It has been pointed out that the terminus is in Georgia, but there's a trail system in Florida that connects to the AT. So on some maps you'll see it included as an extension.

La Louve, SugarQueen, Tabirey and 4 others like this.
  14. Vegasgrl

Vegasgrl Well-Known Member

Thank you for the correction. I only watched it once and it was upsetting for me.

al66pine likes this.
  15. JayWill

JayWill On Time Out

Nope IMO, just toxic masculinity.

La Louve, Blef, 303gmf and 15 others like this.
  16. Kaley Smith

Kaley Smith Well-Known Member

I'm surprised LE didn't keep BL under surveillance. Don't they usually keep a close eye on a suspect?

La Louve, Woodbury, 303gmf and 10 others like this.
  17. Keyedin

Keyedin Verified Paralegal

This is what makes me semiconsider he left her alive and well and found out something was amiss when he got back to Florida and her parents hadn't heard from her either. If they were prone to arguing, maybe her not contacting him and vice versa wasn't uncommon during a disagreement, so that didn't seem odd to him.

18. captdj

captdj Well-Known Member

it looked more than river stones and some dirt etc in the scene from the CNN helicopter... its hard to remember now See if you can find the canopy going up then look at the group of men just beyond it in a half circle.... and could be my memory and emotions but the helicopter person said we saw something that needed checking and didnt want to disturb it until it can get looked at. Not sure it they were talking about this area or the another spot

al66pine and Thora_Jay like this.
  19. Freth

Freth Well-Known Member

I hope he does hop on the AT. The more he is around other people, the more chances he'll be caught.

20. prblythe

prblythe Well-Known Member

I dont think he is alive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.