Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

He was officially not a suspect. Even now, there isn't officially a crime, and there won't be until the autopsy results come back Tuesday or Wednesday.

This was their logic, and it's legally sound. But the reality is that it is completely legal to put someone under surveillance without them being a suspect. That's how many crimes get solved.

2. Printcess

Printcess Active Member

1. This is weird, but not impossible. If she left in a huff then it is likely she didn't bring much, if anything, with her. If she was gone when he got back he may have hoped she flew home and headed that way to meet her or simply panicked and headed home.
    2. Anyone with access to GPs fingerprint may have been able to send that text, and it seems odd for BL to incorrectly text the next destination given that he was the driver and knew exactly where they were headed.
    3. Alleged. There was also a photo snapped of someone in his home town after he disappeared, but that guy has a sleeve tattoo so clearly not BL. Didn't stop it from circulating though.... People are on the lookout and bald white 20 somethings are everywhere.

Edit: imo and got rid of double quote.

Marg from Oz, Lillymac and al66pine like this.
  3. Midgie2

Midgie2 Well-Known Member

i think he had already killed and left her when he put these on the van. Probably as an FU to her.

4. Printcess

Printcess Active Member

I just don't think he's that cunning.

Imo

5. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

I don't want to break any site rules, but does what mom says really indicate hard confirmable facts? My kids post short brief texts and long whiny texts and medium exuberant texts and everything in between. Not sure which one I might say doesn't sound like them.

6. wolf88

wolf88 Active Member

Rookie posting quickly... cause the thead is moving. Someone might be able to do better/ correct me.
    van2.jpg van5.jpg van3.JPG

7. ZoriahNZ

ZoriahNZ Well-Known Member

Here are some screenshots/pics to compare:

Aug 12th:
    gabbyvan4.png

Aug 27th:

gabbyvan2.png

After Sept 11 when impounded by law enforcement:

gabbyvan5.jpg gabbyvan3.jpg

Note that several are new.

The ones that stood out to me:

"Today is a Great Day"
    "Life is Good in the Woods"
    "Desert Cosmic"

8. distracted

distracted Well-Known Member

The most important aspect of that text is that he likely had control of her phone when that text was sent. The digital footprint is going to tell a crucial story. When and from what location was the text sent? Was it sent when he was on the way home? If it was sent after she had died, it's going to be very bad for BL.

And where is her phone?

9. JayWill

JayWill Well-Known Member

But he took her van? And her family did not hear from her? How is that explained? It was her van, not his to drive back to Florida.

10. bambibones

If he's alive, he's going to claim self-defense. And both sides will try use the body cam video as evidence as to who was the perpetrator.

Blef, Marg from Oz, Minou and 9 others like this.
  11. Figuring

Figuring Well-Known Member

Have the people who called 911 on them spoken publicly? I wonder if they’ve been asked not to?

12. NorthErn2

NorthErn2 Well-Known Member

I think stuff like semantics give people away, messages from someone pretending to be someone else may not feel right as the imposter cant match style exactly.

13. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I disagree Keyedin. IMO the fact the van was caught on film where she was found deceased does not jive with him having left her alive and well.

Blef, Woodbury, Marg from Oz and 36 others like this.
  14. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy&Gabby

I believe it you watch the video past 33 seconds where they are huddled near the tree and shrubs, after the 2 horse riders cross the creek, and 20+ searchers marching down the road, they eventually disperse -- no shield. I believe this is the staging area in advance of the coroner's arrival set up near the road and not the crime recovery scene. MOO

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  15. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

Was she buried? I watched a few videos but I couldn't tell. I haven't read all the posts here.
    TIA.

Marg from Oz and al66pine like this.
  16. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

And that thing about Investigative Subpeona. I looked that up and it looks like they don't have to have anything but a suspicion to get one.

penguinface, al66pine and distracted like this.
  17. jtfolden

jtfolden Well-Known Member

You know, I keep considering the option that there was some verbal fight and separation. Later when he finally returns, she is nowhere to be found and he drives home thinking she left him BUT... There seems to be texts and social media activity after the time we think she died, such as the text to her mother on the 30th? I don't think there's enough room in the timeline for her to still be alive on the 30th and then him driving home alone by the 1st...

18. bambibones

This may really matter: why wasn't their tent pitched outside the van in the dash cam video?

It may be because there wasn't room.

Or it might indicate that they had just arrived, or just leaving. I can see him taking the tent after he killed Gabby (that is so hard to write). Did LE ever find the tent? What was its condition?

19. jtfolden

jtfolden Well-Known Member

No, there is no evidence she was buried. People saw the early footage (that was later edited) where you could still see her clothing, etc...

20. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

I believe you're right about the arguments escalating. And I think the trip back to Florida was a result of that and not to move belongings from storage. It was a "cooling off time". But after his return to Gabby the fighting became worse. What caused the violence ending her life I can't imagine, but I don't believe it was premeditated. His behaviour after that...I can't think of a logical or excusable reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.