Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by PommyMommy, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lillymac

Lillymac Well-Known Member

Okay, but fear of what? I'm referring to his first trip when he flew home to help Dad move things out if storage.

Marg from Oz and al66pine like this.
  2. captdj

captdj Well-Known Member

look at Lot 5

3. NorthErn2

NorthErn2 Well-Known Member

Entirely possible he was going by what he "saw on tv", trying to stage an alibi and/or ward of suspicion. BL does not sound like he was the most stable in the head and makes sense he may have acted without a plan in GP's killing.

4. jtfolden

jtfolden Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I've been in that situation but, at least on an iPhone, I believe if a text can't be sent via iMessage then it attempts to send via SMS and then if *that* fails then it simply stops trying and gives you the option to try sending again. I don't think it would wait and send a day later, for example.

5. Printcess

Printcess Active Member

I think there is a distinct possibility of him being a terrified 23 year old in an unimaginable situation listening to the attorney that his parents hired. His parents get the texts from GPs parents, and realize she is missing. knowing what the assumption will be they hire an attorney... everyone is telling him to keep quiet. He has no clue what to do, so listens to the "adults" in the room.

Imo

6. bambibones

bambibones Well-Known Member

7. prblythe

prblythe Well-Known Member

This is the most well thought out and written post. I will add it is hard to break up with someone 2,000+ miles from home and your stuck with someone.

iambarb2, Armalita, b2alicia and 18 others like this.
  8. BCSleuth

BCSleuth Well-Known Member

The videos do not show the exact spot she was located. They are just getting ready to walk over to where she is. Some are saying they saw a body but I doubt it. They are usually pretty quick to cover a body. So at this point we just don't know whether she was buried or not.

9. Rocky1

Rocky1 Well-Known Member

I agree, and yes they should have been tailing him. Even after the autopsy, they'll still have to have evidence that he killed her and not someone else. I know there's circumstantial evidence that says he did, but enough for a conviction?
    Hopefully now that North Port PD has hopefully realized they dropped the ball by letting him slip away,(although they'll never admit to that) they have woken up from their coma and will take the right steps not to blow it again by arresting him without not enough evidence. It would be a shame if he killed her to be able to walk due to a technicality.

10. JayWill

JayWill Well-Known Member

Unless she was dead, as it turns out, she was.

11. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

Again, I am not proposing this, I just like helping people imagine something they can't see happening. The text could have been sent earlier but got hung up because they are parked in a area with spotty cell service. When he finally drives away and passes through an area with service the phone, which is stored in the back somewhere he isn't aware of, unhangs itself and sends out the text.

12. StarrChance

StarrChance Well-Known Member

Must be time for me to take a break from this thread, took me three times to try to understand how a dent in the fridge could move doh!

13. KeithF40

KeithF40 Active Member

What text are you referring to?

Marg from Oz, al66pine and SUNchips like this.
  14. feralwriter

feralwriter Pls. read THE GIFT OF FEAR. Trust your gut always.

Yeah, this will probably remain a question. My phone waits & waits then sends eventually.

Marg from Oz, al66pine and nao like this.
  15. feralwriter

feralwriter Pls. read THE GIFT OF FEAR. Trust your gut always.

Final text to Gabby's mother.

16. JayWill

JayWill Well-Known Member

More than enough IMO. Most evidence is circumstantial, not many murderers kill in front of witnesses.

17. woods

woods Well-Known Member

Caroline Crouch admitted in her diary that she had hit her husband during their explosive fights. He ended up strangling her to death when she threatened to leave him with their child, and I believe he got convicted of her murder.

18. Hyway

Hyway Well-Known Member

I don't think she was supposed to meet her friend. She was going to contact her on that date (Rose's birthday) to set up a time to meet

19. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ping !! It's been a while and it's great to see you here.

hey back <3

20. ABCDiana

ABCDiana Active Member

Yeah it seems like very strange behavior. I guess I can see if he had bought some with GP and they were lying around, he might add them in like a twisted memorial or a fit of emotion or just as a mindless activity. But the Venice FL one (which was remarked on before) seems especially weird because hadn't they started their journey in NY? So did he buy and add that sticker once he'd returned without GP? That seems like bizarre behavior, whether he knew she was gone or thought she might come back for her van someday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.