Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I keep considering the option that there was some verbal fight and separation. Later when he finally returns, she is nowhere to be found and he drives home thinking she left him BUT... There seems to be texts and social media activity after the time we think she died, such as the text to her mother on the 30th? I don't think there's enough room in the timeline for her to still be alive on the 30th and then him driving home alone by the 1st...

Most people take their phones everywhere so if BL did take off, and GP was sad and someone tried to console her. She probably would have taken her phone with her. So whoever hurt her could have had it and them mistaking Yosemite for Yellowstone even more likely. I don't want to give BL any more alibis but I would hate to find out that he hurt himself and he was innocent. Can you imagine how much that would compound this tragedy? I know it's stretch.

Based on the police dash cam video, I wondered if it was possible he ultimately hit her with the van. She was crying about how she was afraid he would drive off and abandon her. Maybe they fought, he tried abandon her and drive off and she chased after the van. He either hits her as she stands in front of the van or he puts the van in reverse to do it.

More than likely though, it was strangulation. One, because that's how many men kill their partners in domestic violence situations when they don't have a gun or knife. Two, she said in the dash cam video he put his hands on her face. I think she phrased it that way to protect him. I think he had his hands around her neck and thats why she scratched his face and was crying hysterically after the fact. Maybe she tried to break up after that whole ordeal and he decided to finish what he started.

All in all, I'm pretty down about all this. I had hoped she would be found alive even though I knew it was unlikely. She had so much life left to live.

but many people consider other parts that extend it to be appendages. Like the section that goes into Canada.
Sorry, but the trails south of Springer and north of Katahdin are not considered the AT. I don’t know anyone who’s been on the AT who thinks of them as AT, and, since I was a thruhiker and lived on the AT for 6 months, I know. Even the trail you hike to GET to the Springer start is not called the AT; it’s called the Approach Trail.
If DL was hiking in FL and claiming he was on the AT, he’s trying to pull the wool over someone’s eyes. IMO we’ll find more instances of this the more we learn in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam