Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder if they just have overwhelming evidence he killed himself and now that they found Gabby they don’t need him as much anymore.

i really wish i took a screenshot of his last Instagram story. I believe he posted it Tuesday of this week (around the same time his family claims to have last seen him) It was a picture of the succulents they had on the dash of their van. He wrote “I will miss you” over the picture. The cops probably have enough evidence of a suicide and don’t want to put more resources into finding him now that they’ve recovered Gabby. I have attached a screenshot of the succulents from their VANLIFE video. They match the succulents in his last Instagram story.
I think LE are just taking it one step at a time.

They have to determine if he is the chief suspect in her death, so they will go through all the available evidence to see what it shows. If they have evidence, they will issue a warrant for his arrest. Then he will be officially wanted by police.

I wonder if LE has evidence that they lied to investigators. Are they really under arrest or are they just being removed because the home is a crime scene?

They were removed temporarily while the search warrant was being executed. They have been brought back in the house now. (As per WFLA live link)

They are speculating at the link that they could have been brought back in because they've cleared a room for them, or they want to ask them some questions about what they are looking for.

I can't see him telling the truth now after all his silence and hiding. And Gabbie can't refute what he says.
Yeah if he is alive and is found, there is about a 0% chance he'll tell the whole truth. He's also had a month to come up with a story. Doesn't mean he won't be arrested/convicted/etc. if found, but as far as the 100% truth of what occurred and how Gabby died, it's extremely unlikely we'll ever know for certain.

We will find out the medical cause of death, but I mean the chain of events that happened which led to that medical cause occuring.

You mean you know more than the FBI does?
No. Just saying right now, seeing that it could be very difficult and even impossible to win this case against BL in court given that he is likely the only person that can know for certain what happened to Gabby. It probably happened fast and without a lot of physical evidence left. It’s been more than two weeks.
At this point FBI is collecting whatever data they can to form into a case.
You think there is likely a strong evidential case here?

This could have all been avoided if they called the authorities to say their son came home with out GP, regardless of what the "family" attorney told them to do. How did they not know this would spin out of control. Are they that much in denial?
Dang. I would have listed the house the next day and gotten the hell out of dodge ASAP if I thought like these parents. I also would not have supplied BL with funds to return to SLC after he returned home the 1st time (if they did that).
JMO

Isn't this too late? Wouldn't the parents or family already got rid of evidence?

IMO you play the hand you're dealt. If the FBI just took over the case when they found Gabby in Wyoming last night, the FBI has to start now even if they would have rather started last week. I am hoping BL relaxed when he came home and was sloppy enough to leave evidence around.

Question about the importance of gas cap in earlier post:

The rust on the gas cap matches previous photos of the rusted gas cap on Gabby's van.
It was pointed out for verification purposes from the video of van at campsite.

Hope that helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member